Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #1
Dizneydawn
One Road Trip Away From A STRAIGHT JACKET! Wanna Come too?

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Cool "Did Pluto Just Give You A Lap Dance?" 10 days of Naughty & Nice!

Well if you are reading this than you are in for a real treat...or at least a semi sweet chocolate chip which is not quite real chocolate but makes you feel better about yourself ...kinda like Diet Coke....extra large please cause I am watching my figure...

This trip started over a year ago in anticipation for my son's 18th Birthday!

He loves Christmas lights and Disney and thus...what better place to be...

Then...in October...we had a tragedy in our home...a life altering moment that made this trip a foccus and a needed respit for all involved...and thus...

A slap happy trip ensued on December 4th-15th...with 5 of us the whole time...and a strag-a-long at the end...

We laughed at ourselves...we laughed at others...we laughed at others laughing at ourselves...

There was a good time had by all...and no one was left behind...because Disney does not accept hotel crashers...we asked..they said you need to pay to keep the stay...

We even tried to beg...but they asked us to start acting our age...so we tried a sit-in and handcuffed ourselves to the concierge desk...and then...wouldn't ya know it...the main dude in the Christmas studded vest...pulled out a key that unlocked it...like why would you not have a pink fuzzy handcuff key in your pocket...just sayin....

So forced home were we...and all laughs aside...sad to be gone...wanting to go back..and hoping you enjoy the ride...

If you would like to look back at the longest PTR in the history of life...please do so here...

uh..wait a minute...I need to figure out how I insert a PTR...be back by 2009...

OKAY HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE PTR WITH MANY STORIES MOST SOBER PEOPLE WOULD NOT SHARE!

PTR w/ embarassing stories free of charge

If you want to skip the PTR and just read the funny stories...the links are below (done through page 19)Crush N Gusher Fiaso
2 Chubbies in a race
Rollerbladin with Dumb and Dumber
Is that not your butt?
Exactly how many nipples are you supposed to have?
Ummm...when we left you were wearing shorts!

Up next:
Prelude: Intro of Cast and their Understudies if I don't like them enough!

Cast of Characters - Treyner
Cast of Characters - Carsyn
Cast of Characters - Baylor
Cast of Characters - Dawn & Dan
Day 1 - "Eat Beans if You Need Gas!"
Day 1 - "We Aint Scared of no Po-Po's"
Day 1 - "Disney Wasn't This Far Last Time"
Day 1 - "Can You Just Smell It?"
Day 2 - "Where's the Beach?"
Day 2 - "Boogie Boards are Not Flubber Friendly!"
Day 2 - "My Crack is Better Than Yours!"
***Explained Hiatus***
Day 3 - "Humor at a Fish Fry"
Day 3 - "Fear is Not a Factor!"
Day 3 - "Tampon Tirade!"
Day 3 - "Family and Friends!"
Day 4 - "Were you Born Stupid?"
Day 4 - "No Room in the inn my @ss"
Day 4 - "A Dog That Needs to be Neutered!"
Day 4 - "Would Someone Neuter That Dog!"
Day4/5 - "Welcome to La ShatHole"
Day 5 - "Stop Mounting That Whale"
Day 5 - "A Wookie and a Whale"
Day 5 - "Who Took My Filet Mignon?"
Day 6 - A Change of Plans
Day 7 - Animal Crack is Whack
Day 7 - A Peep Show and a Brat
Part II
PartIII
Day 7 - "Mommy? Why are Those Kids Eating Soap?"

Minnesota Food Report #1
MN Food Report #2

Last edited by Dizneydawn; 11-06-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

I'm in...we got back last night, but it's going to be a while before I can start my trip report....too much to do and not enough time til Christmas
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-16-2008, 05:45 PM   #3
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
I'm in...we got back last night, but it's going to be a while before I can start my trip report....too much to do and not enough time til Christmas
Glad you are in...and I have no kids and no Dan tonight...so lonely and have a bit of time...and besides...dusting is overrated!
Old 12-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #4
askelton
Disney Cosmo

I'm glad you had such a good time. You certainly needed it!

Old 12-16-2008, 06:37 PM   #5
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Prelude #1:

The Cast I will start tonight for you but I will only do one because I actually have to work for awhile....shocker I know...

Treyner -

He is my oldest son and turned 18 on this trip...funny kid with an ego the size of Mt. St. Helens around his siblings...but truthfully...very caring and usues his bravado to mask his insecurities...planning on playing college soccer for a D2 school in Colorado next year...and these pics were taken last summer when we visited Colorado for school scouting...

He loves sports, girls and food... not always in that order....and squeezes in school as a neccessity ...

He has never been a kid to cause me any real trouble besides his grades...and that I have decided is his to own at this point...he is not failing and he is a role model to so many not to drink in high school and has friends who call him when they are going to make a bad choice...that whether all A's are on a report card...or not...do not show his value or charachter..

Did I mention he is obsessively competitive...about everything...even underwear...seriously...he needs help...

He is very much an animal guy...loves drawing and making up cartoon voices...when I want to throttle him...he makes me laugh...and as such...probably gets away with murder...but he will be leaving in July...

and this was really a last hurrah with him under our home family wing...next trip he will be an adult on his own already...and I know the dynamics will never be the same as they were on this trip...

- He fell in love with cowboy hats for the first time in Estes Park, Colorado

He is not panning for gold in that bottle...he decided to fill up a bottle with fresh creek water and become a real mountain man...who sleeps in a comfy hotel bed...

Feeding chipmunks peanut butter and trying to convince me that he will not need a rabbies shot and still will give me grandchildren...after they ran through his shorts....

Treyner and I after a 4 hour fun filled, dirt fest, four wheeling ride in the mountains of Colorado. Best day ever! If you notice my face is dirtier than his...it was. It seems mister funny pants finds humor going in front of his mama on his ride and doing his best to kick dirt in my face.

Treyner in goal playing against the MN Thunder pro team! He let 0 goals in!!!

and finally...a senior pic with the cowboy hat...back in Minnesota...new nickname...Treyner Chesney...

I only hope he makes as much money...cause Mama needs a new house...or at least some Coach purses!

Next up: Carsyn...the sister who lived to tell the tale...and usually does!

Last edited by Dizneydawn; 10-05-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:44 PM   #6
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Well I'm hooked.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:14 PM   #7
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

I'm glad you had a great time!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #8
noahdove
DIS Veteran

Good start
Old 12-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #9
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Well I'm hooked.
Thanks.... Large Mouthed Bass or Sunfish?
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkers View Post
I'm glad you had a great time!
We really did...even in the fighting times...cause i brought a taser...
Quote:
Originally Posted by noahdove View Post
Good start
Thanks and I am glad you are on board...now if you would be helpfull and start some laundry for me...I can get to introducing the rest of the crew....
Old 12-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #10
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Introducing the rest of the Gang!

Prelude #2

Public Announcement:

Please get beverages and snacks and check your bowel tank... as I find it rude to ask me to wait while I type for kitchen or potty breaks....

Okay...who do we have left...oh yeah...

Carsyn...

Having blueberries forced on her at Prime Time in 2006...

Carsyn and Treyner's friend Dan from Michigan this past summer...they play soccer together in the summer (Treyner and Dan) and Carsyn has learned that any boy who is a friend of Treyner's will never be allowed to be more than a friend to Carsyn...much to her chagrin...Cause there is something to having a big brother who threatens bodily injury that scares them away...

And Carsyn this fall...when she tried dark hair...for 3 months..only to go back to blond again...I mean where would she get the idea it is fun to change hair color?

A bit about Carsyn...
This was her 2 weeks before her 13th birthday! Yes she always has looked older than I would have liked.

She just turned 15...the last of her grade...and I am reminded daily that most of her friends have their liscenses already..and she just got her permit...I offered to hold her back so she could be the oldest...cause I am a giver..but she thought I was being a smart mouth...the audacity!

She is very caring and at the same time...very committed to standing up for herself if she thinks she is getting the short end of the stick..which is about 99% of the time...

She loves harder than anyone I know and is very mature about friends and relationships...

we have gotten a great relationship going now...after a few rough patches...and she tells me everything...

I had 2 sisters...she has 2 brothers...

so I cannot understand what she has to put up with boys being in her business and feeling odd man out...but I tell her she does not have to worry about someone stealing her clothes...but now that I think about it..she is missing several thongs...hmmmm...

She loves soccer and friends but most of all worries about everything...and tries to please everyone first...which I have taught her...and am trying to undo...

Carsyn is really a fun spirit...and I am glad she is mine...she took lots of pics this trip...and wants credit...and payment rights...

Up next....Baylor...12 1/2 years old and witty...with the humor of Red Fox...and Richard Pryor...much to the dismay of his school and teachers...

Last edited by Dizneydawn; 10-05-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:58 PM   #11
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydawn View Post
Thanks.... Large Mouthed Bass or Sunfish?
B-B-B-BASS ....
Old 12-18-2008, 11:14 AM   #12
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
B-B-B-BASS ....
Ohhhh...I figured you would say..."STARFISH"

Thanks a lot for joining the nut house!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:49 AM   #13
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Meet Mr. Baylor...

Prelude # 3

Then there was 3...and for that I am greatfull.

You see on the afternoon of Halloween this year...my youngest son was at a friend's house...A verrrrrry long story short....the mom left for work...which I had been told she would be home..and the 3 12/13 year old boys were left alone. Not a great idea...and they went down to the remains of the bonfire from the night before.

The boy whose home it had been...went back to the house to use the restroom...came down with a glass of what Baylor thought was water.

It ended up being gasoline...

He threw it on the embers...it flashed back on him...and when that happened...got scared and threw the rest of the gas in the cup away from him...unfortunatley...it went all over Baylor's left leg. The flame followed the gas.

Baylor had his witts about him...when patting it out and rolling it out did not work...he jumped into a pool that was not drained yet and saved his life.

Baylor ended up with 3rd degree burns on his left leg from top of the foot to mid shin and on the back of his ankle...

Skin grafting and basically being in the hospital for the month of November or at home on bedrest...meant that the trip was very up in the air. Huge emotional hit to the family as well as financially. I can tell you that it is the hardest thing I will or ever had to go through. The burn unit docs and nurses were fantastic...we have the best in the country right here 30 minutes from him and I know how many times people there did not make it through recovery. It was heart wrenching to be greatfull that your child was not as bad as others...that yes he will be scarred...but he will live...and knowing others were not as lucky.

I spoke to the doctors immediatley about the trip...looking at his raw leg and wondering if he would ever walk let alone be able to go...he would be missing so much school....should he miss more?

The doctors though...convinced me that the trip would be great for him...needed in fact...and that was hard to hear from a practical standpoint. Yet the depression rate is high for injuries like this and he needed to just be a kid...so what better place than Disney for that?

So we went...and we had a great time...and as I write this I will be giving you the updates as we go on how his progress was...but it was the right choice...the best for our family...and the best for Baylor.

He is a guy who is a total boy...he usually is playing hockey now and snowboarding and outside 24/7 if he could. It is hard to watch him watch his friends...because he is not strong enough yet...not back 100% and will not be for a year at least.

He loves animals.

He loves Chris Farley and all things that make him laugh. He told our pastor he wants to be on Comedy Central when he grows up...and the old me might have pointed out all the impractacalities in that wish...but the new me says...go for it.

He is super funny...totally to my demise when I want to be firm...and is more mature than the older two, many times. He gets the fact of just doing your chore and it is over...that arguing only perpetuates the time...he thinks bickering is pointless...and when the feuding fades between anyone...listen for him...cause he usually has a one liner that makes everyone laugh and forget what they were mad about in the first place.

Here are some pics of Baylor...I know I wrote a lot about him...but this trip ended up being one for him to become alive again...and his brother and sister really did a great job of making him feel like his old self...even if that meant handing down a wedgie!

Baylor and his soccer jersey in Spring of 2008

Baylor and his cousin Skyler at her 1st Birthday end of October

Baylor and his pumpkin...2 days before Halloween...

One of my favorite of Baylor from August 2006 - we were at a dance at Disney for Grand Gatherings (Carsyn is in the background)

Next up...the 2 adults on this extravaganza...who act more like kids than the kids!

Last edited by Dizneydawn; 10-05-2009 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:54 AM   #14
happybratpack
Just Maryann :)
Hasn't had a curseless WDW trip in 5 years

Love it! Can't wait to hear more...your kids are beautiful.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #15
Dizneydawn

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybratpack View Post
Love it! Can't wait to hear more...your kids are beautiful.

Thanks so much...I only wish I had been that cute as a kid versus living life with coke bottle glasses and crooked teeth cause parents are tight wads and "who needs to eat like a regular person...chew on the side of your mouth."

Ahemm...counseling session 104 and 105...in progress...

Seriously...they are pretty cute in my eyes...and Baylor just got asked to a dance at school by a girl who is just a doll...and for that..I am doing the happy dance... cause he was all worried that no one was going to like him with his injury...that he would "gross" them out...and I told him...they will be so grossed out by his burping/farting friends...that he will come accross as Prince Charming...no matter scar or not...that he needed to come up with a great story of his injury like he was a secret child spy for the CIA and he saved an entire Polish family from a car bomb while they vacationed in Siberia and all he has to show for it is his leg...ehhhh...no biggie....

He laughed and laughed and it may have been the morphine coma he was in at the time...but I am taking full credit that I am funny!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: