Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2009, 04:11 AM   #1
PChef
Mouseketeer

Back from Half term Trip with free dining vouchers

Hi, just thought I'd let everyone know how our trip went with the free dining vouchers, as there seems to be a lot of interest in how they work in practice.

We travelled by direct Eurostar on Wed 28 Oct, then encountered our first queue to check in at Hotel Cheyenne. 50 mins and no ride at the end!! CMs were handing out envelopes with park passes and meal vouchers in while we were in the queue and also clipboards with a form to fill in. I checked everything in the envelope was correct and once I got to check in it took less than 5 mins, got 7am breakfast and room key-cards. Some CMs were taking 20 mins + to check people in, maybe they had lots of questions but this seemed a bit excessive given how long the queue was!

Our first meal was at Chuck Wagon Cafe, we had booked for 8pm but it was more like 8.30 when we arrived. They checked our reservation and gave us wristbands, then we went to the till and handed over our dinner vouchers. They took our drinks order and DH chose to have a carafe of wine 25cl at a 2 euro supplement, the rest of us had soft drinks, so all we had to pay was the 2 euros. Reasonable choice of food, good theming and not too busy or noisy.

Lunch next day was very early at Colonel Hathi's, about 11.15, we had eaten breakfast at 7 and were waiting for some FPs to become valid. DH had a pizza meal with side salad 12.95 menu and I had the pasta menu with garlic bread at 10.95, the boys had kids meals with pizza and pudding. Drinks were included. DH had a fruit salad as pudding which we shared and I bought a coffee, extra 1.75. Our vouchers were exchanged for the 4 meals, we just paid extra for the coffee. Even adult pizzas are Mickey shaped here!

Continued in next post.

Beach Club/HRH/Bella Piazza condo Oct 2010
HRH/OKW August 2014

PChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:26 AM   #2
PChef
Mouseketeer

After a busy afternoon involving several trips to the Studios we were pleased it was time for dinner at Plaza Gardens. There was a long queue of people waiting to get a table but a seperate area for those with reservations so we walked straight up and were seated immediately. This was 7.30pm and there was still a queue at 9pm when we left.

The waiter here was very good. He took us to the table and asked if we had vouchers, he took them and explained that we all got a soft drink each and took our orders for them. We also ordered some red wine, 6.60 euros for 50cl. He quickly brought our drinks and took the payment for the wine after we had finished our main courses. There was a large range of salads and cold meat, pate and fish pate with bread for starters, and a good selection of main courses too. The potato gratin was very good and lots of child-friendly options too. Chocolate tart and crepes were declared the best puddings! We would certainly return to eat here again.

HRH/OKW August 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2009, 04:41 AM   #3
PChef
Mouseketeer

On Friday we packed up, checked out and stored our luggage then had our breakfast. By 7.45 we were waiting to go into the parks at the bag check area. Then we were allowed through and waited again at the turnstiles until just after 8am when we were allowed in! We were first on to Buzz and had 3 more goes before 8.45!! then waited about 15 mins for Peter Pan and then over to the Studios for Crush. Did Crush at about 10.15 then a more leisurely morning at the Studios where the credit card got a bit of a bashing in the shops!

We had a reservation for 2pm in Restaurant des Stars, we tried to see if we could go in at 1.30 but they were too busy, so we went and did Armageddon which filled half an hour. At 2pm we were welcomed into the restaurant and shown to the till where they took our lunch vouchers and drinks order, we then paid the balance before being seated. There was a queue of people all round one side of the restaurant waiting for tables so I was glad we had booked. Good selection of food once again, fish parcels in butter sauce with rice was my favourite.

The vouchers seemed to work exactly as expected, no questioning about them by CMs, they seemed to know what to do, even when we used them at face value as above. They certainly saved us a lot of money, we had been to France in the summer so we knew that food would be very expensive given the exchange rate. We just had the standard vouchers and chose the restaurants that accepted them for our evening meals as we didn't want to pay too much extra. Buffets suit our family well at the moment as the boys are getting a bit too big for kids meals to be enough for them, they are 11 and 8.

HRH/OKW August 2014

Old 11-05-2009, 05:10 AM   #4
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

thanks very much. thats really helpful. i dont have the vouchers till march but its good to know that the system is working smoothly

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:15 AM   #5
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Thanks, Its good to see the voucher scheme running smoothly. Makes sense that the staff are bought up to speed with them, as its a huge promotion thing Disney are running.

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:46 AM   #6
disney_princess_85
Liked the sky effect
If we feel like having pop tarts for breakfast we can

Sounds like everything went smoothly, thanks for reporting back! Just out of interest, did you book your trip directly with Disney?
January 2002- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, October 2007- Disneyland Paris, Newport Bay Club, May 2008- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort, January 2009- Disneyland Paris, Holiday Inn, March 2009- Disneyland Paris, Sequoia Lodge, May 2009- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2009- Walt Disney World, Coronado Springs/Universal Studios, Hard Rock Hotel Club Level, November 2009- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, February 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, May 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, August-September 2010- Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs/Universal Studios, Royal Pacific Resort Club Level, October 2010- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, December 2010-January 2011- Disneyland Paris, Magic Circus, September 2011- Walt Disney World, POFQ/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Saratoga Springs, October 2012- Walt Disney World, Pop Century/Disney Dream/Walt Disney World, Wilderness Lodge, February 2013- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, October 2013- Walt Disney World, Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, May 2014- Disneyland, Paradise Pier

Lauren
disney_princess_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #7
BigMommaMouse
DIS Veteran

I dont know why I have not thought of buffets before, what a great idea.

BigMommaMouse
BigMommaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #8
Lisa1976
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PChef View Post
The vouchers seemed to work exactly as expected, no questioning about them by CMs, they seemed to know what to do, even when we used them at face value as above.
Had you got the vouchers through a package deal direct with Disney or was it a room only with Expedia?

Im booked on a room only deal with Expedia in December with the vouchers at Santa Fe and have a sneaky feeling they wont give them to me
Lisa1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #9
ellis9905
Mouseketeer

good to hear that the restaurants seem geared up for the vouchers- were off nxt week with free dining and had been a little aprehensive

ellis9905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:36 AM   #10
PChef
Mouseketeer

We booked direct with Disney for the hotel and ticket package. Eurostar booked direct courtesy of DH's Eurostar frequent traveller points!

HRH/OKW August 2014

Old 11-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #11
Zeebs
DIS Veteran

Sorry if I seem dim

Just trying to get my head around it all.

We are staying at HNY so on second tier of the plan. Cafe Mickey's isn't on that tier.

Can we still visit and use our vouchers against our meal. At the face value listed in the details?

for example we order 2 starters and a pizza can we hand over 1 adult voucher and 1 childs voucher to cover it. Even if we haven't ordered a childs meal?

Also the Blue Lagoon is on two lists 2nd tier and 1st tier anyone know which one is correct.

Sorry to bother you all I am sure I will be back with more questions

Kirsten
Old 11-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #12
britchic4
There's often a piano player in the evening
Do you feel any different now you've been sprinkled with pixie dust?

Yes you can use them at face value. Blue Lagoon has 2 different set menus for each tier of pricing.
Newport Bay Hotel 2004......Davy Crockett's Ranch Feb 2008......Les Etangs Fleuris May 2008......Disneyland Hotel Oct 2008......Holiday Inn December 2008......Disneyland Hotel March 2009......Adagio Apartments May 2009......Adagio Apartments Oct 2009......Cheyenne Hotel Jan 2010......Disneyland Hotel March 2010

No ticker!!! Sob sob.
britchic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #13
jillrobinson
I will be very angry if there are any attractions or places off limits
DS got a Hi 5 from Simba
My real persona is maleficent mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeebs View Post

for example we order 2 starters and a pizza can we hand over 1 adult voucher and 1 childs voucher to cover it. Even if we haven't ordered a childs meal?

Kirsten
Quote:
Originally Posted by britchic4 View Post
Yes you can use them at face value. .
Also trying to understand how this face value thing works, we used our vouchers in full payment last time.

We will also have HNY free vouchers and will be 2 adults 2 children. On the whole I think we'll be using our dinner vouchers at face value, but could we for instance use 4 child vouchers at say Plaza Gardens and then 4 adult ones at Inventions ?
March 2004 Liam's 5th Birthday at Cheyenne *** October 2004 Spooky Halloween at Santa Fe *** March 2006 My big 40 & Liams 7th Birthday at Newport Bay Club *** March 2007 Jamie's 13th Birthday & VIP Press Launch for DLP's 15th Anniversary at Sequoia Lodge *** November 2007 Christmas Season at Sequoia Lodge *** March 2009 Liam's 10th Birthday at Cheyenne *** January 2010 Practically Perfect stay at Hotel New York *** October 2010 Our not so scary stay at Cheyenne ***January 2012 Jack's 5th Birthday surprise at Santa Fe***July 2013 Disney Dreaming at Cheyenne***

jillrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:01 PM   #14
PoppyAnna
Despite the end of tWW I'm still crazy about Josh Lyman

Thank you for reporting back, sounds like it's going better than I thought it would We go to DCR with free vouchers the first week in December and we will be using them a Plaza Gardens and Silver Spur I think. Sounds like I need to book though, I think it's going to be busy.
1982 WDW off site * May 2001 WDW off site * May 2005 DLRP * May 2007 WDW off site * Oct 2007 WDW off site * May 2009 DLRP * DLRP Christmas 09 * April 2011 3 wks Emerald Island, 3nt Dream cruise & Miami Beach * November 2011 SSR & VWL
PoppyAnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 04:04 AM   #15
SantiJB
Mouseketeer

Thank you very much for the information.

I have an additional doubt. Within the list of counter services restaurants I can't find "Cowboy Cookout barbacue", I do not know if it was a mistake or if it means that counter services vouchers can't be used at tha place. Any information about that?

Otherwise, the counter services menus usually include a menu of 10.95 EUR and a menu of 12.30 EUR, the voucher covers both menus (without an additional payment) or it is only included the menu of 10.95 EUR?

Thank you!!
SantiJB is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: