Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 08:28 AM   #121
jessica52877
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,496

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohappy View Post
ohhhh, if I liked animals (which I don't), I would think that Bailey is ADORABLE!! Almost changes my mind on the not-liking-animals thing, almost, but not really. Bailey looks a lot like J and C's dog at their Dad's, Chester.
This is so funny because these are almost my exact thoughts! Although Bailey doesn't even make me almost change my mind! But I think it is cute when Ash is snuggling with him.
__________________

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
jessica52877 is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #122
Tickanee
Mouseketeer
 
Tickanee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Plymouth, MA
Posts: 212

Aren't labs adorable? My yellow lab is a Bailey, too! He turns 5 on Christmas. I have a pic of him and my other dog Jake on my signature. Love them both to death!
__________________
Me (Tiffany) DH (Shawn) Jake (RIP) Bailey (RIP) Remington

Tickanee is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #123
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran
 
Tnkrbelle565's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North of Boston OR 1335 Miles from WDW
Posts: 8,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohappy View Post
ohhhh, if I liked animals (which I don't), I would think that Bailey is ADORABLE!! Almost changes my mind on the not-liking-animals thing, almost, but not really. Bailey looks a lot like J and C's dog at their Dad's, Chester.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
This is so funny because these are almost my exact thoughts! Although Bailey doesn't even make me almost change my mind! But I think it is cute when Ash is snuggling with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickanee View Post
Aren't labs adorable? My yellow lab is a Bailey, too! He turns 5 on Christmas. I have a pic of him and my other dog Jake on my signature. Love them both to death!
Thank you all...even the dog haters

Tickanee...very cute babies! Did you use bitter apple stuff to get them to stop chewing?
__________________
ME (Kristine) (36), DD (9)Let the (Soaken Wet) Memories Begin
Tnkrbelle565 is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 02:37 PM   #124
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran
 
Tnkrbelle565's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North of Boston OR 1335 Miles from WDW
Posts: 8,490

There's no Cryin'....there's no cryin' in....

...line to meet Buzz and Woody


Well, I broke that rule. I broke that rule big time. Because your ol' pal Kristine cried some big crocodile tears!

It all started likes this....



We got off of TSM and realized that Buzz and Woody were due to appear in 10 short minutes and NOBODY was in line. NOBODY! That never happens. So I quickly hopped in line THRILLED to be first. Aisling decided to do some pin trading again with a nearby CM. At that point, I thought- oh, I need to get this wide angle lens off the camera and switch to a more appropriate lens for Buzz and Woody.

There are two important things to remember here. 1) I had rented the UWA lens and was TERRIFIED of something happening to it and 2) I calmed myself out of worrying about something happening to it with my rationale that I ALWAYS change my lenses out WITH Randy. He holds one lens, puts the cap on, while I replace. Easy Peasy and nothing gets dropped

While we were waiting, we realized that there was no line at the FP machines for TSM so I sent Randy to get them. And that's when it happened....

Stupid Kristine thought: I can change these lenses by myself. I had my Baggallini opened and rested one lens on the top while I got the other lens off the camera. And then Aisling brushed by me.

I heard the lens fall and I couldn't look. The man behind me in line put his hand on my shoulder and said "it can be fixed, it can be fixed" Immediately the waterworks started. I finally looked to see *luckily* my own 50mm lens in two pieces on the ground- NOT the UWA rental (I was so upset, I didn't even realize which one I was holding). Yup, the glass didn't smash, it literally broke in two.

Randy came back into the chaos and immediately jumped into typical Randy "knight on a white horse" mentality. He immediately started asking everyone where he could buy a 50mm lens on property...through my tears I kept telling him that you COULDN'T and then rambled on how I had ruined our vacation. He started making plans to leave property in a cab and finding a camera shop. He told me to get on my Amazon app on my phone and order it rush shipping to the hotel. God love him- he really tried to make it all better. But nothing at this moment was cheering me up.

So through my tears, we proceeded through the line to meet Buzz. I'm fairly impressed with myself that I was able to take any pics at all while crying! But here are my efforts

















Finally out came Woody....who proceeded to mime an attempt to find out why I was crying. In retrospect, it was kinda funny!









So there you have it...the story about how I cried at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Up Next: The PP photos of Ash with Buzz and Woody and the big reveal of the broken lens!
__________________
ME (Kristine) (36), DD (9)Let the (Soaken Wet) Memories Begin
Tnkrbelle565 is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 04:02 PM   #125
twob4him
DIS Veteran
 
twob4him's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ - 3 1/2 hours from Disney turnstiles
Posts: 3,347

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
Thanks for holding in there with me folks. Computer issues seem to be my lot in life (for this month anyway)! My modem failed sometime Thursday-Friday. I called Comcast. They can't send a new modem- they need a technician to come put it in (seriously? It's two plugs!) So they couldn't get anyone out to my house until tomorrow (tuesday). So sad that I feel like my arm has been cut off without internet access!

To keep you interested....here are some pics of my Bailey (for those of you who haven't seen them on FB!)





Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
yes...and add to that tree chewing now! So much temptation in my house
Sorry about the loss of computer access...I would go nuts...terrible to admit that...but Bailey is absolutely adorable!!! Funny how he likes crocs and trees ...and has learned how to go outside! Good puppy! Hope Aisling is better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohappy View Post
ohhhh, if I liked animals (which I don't), I would think that Bailey is ADORABLE!! Almost changes my mind on the not-liking-animals thing, almost, but not really. Bailey looks a lot like J and C's dog at their Dad's, Chester.
I love other people's animals!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
...line to meet Buzz and Woody


Well, I broke that rule. I broke that rule big time. Because your ol' pal Kristine cried some big crocodile tears!

It all started likes this....



We got off of TSM and realized that Buzz and Woody were due to appear in 10 short minutes and NOBODY was in line. NOBODY! That never happens. So I quickly hopped in line THRILLED to be first. Aisling decided to do some pin trading again with a nearby CM. At that point, I thought- oh, I need to get this wide angle lens off the camera and switch to a more appropriate lens for Buzz and Woody.

There are two important things to remember here. 1) I had rented the UWA lens and was TERRIFIED of something happening to it and 2) I calmed myself out of worrying about something happening to it with my rationale that I ALWAYS change my lenses out WITH Randy. He holds one lens, puts the cap on, while I replace. Easy Peasy and nothing gets dropped

While we were waiting, we realized that there was no line at the FP machines for TSM so I sent Randy to get them. And that's when it happened....

Stupid Kristine thought: I can change these lenses by myself. I had my Baggallini opened and rested one lens on the top while I got the other lens off the camera. And then Aisling brushed by me.

I heard the lens fall and I couldn't look. The man behind me in line put his hand on my shoulder and said "it can be fixed, it can be fixed" Immediately the waterworks started. I finally looked to see *luckily* my own 50mm lens in two pieces on the ground- NOT the UWA rental (I was so upset, I didn't even realize which one I was holding). Yup, the glass didn't smash, it literally broke in two.

Randy came back into the chaos and immediately jumped into typical Randy "knight on a white horse" mentality. He immediately started asking everyone where he could buy a 50mm lens on property...through my tears I kept telling him that you COULDN'T and then rambled on how I had ruined our vacation. He started making plans to leave property in a cab and finding a camera shop. He told me to get on my Amazon app on my phone and order it rush shipping to the hotel. God love him- he really tried to make it all better. But nothing at this moment was cheering me up.

So through my tears, we proceeded through the line to meet Buzz. I'm fairly impressed with myself that I was able to take any pics at all while crying! But here are my efforts







So there you have it...the story about how I cried at the Happiest Place on Earth.

Up Next: The PP photos of Ash with Buzz and Woody and the big reveal of the broken lens!
Oh Gosh!! You poor thing! I was paranoid about losing my camera all together. That happened to me once. I was sitting on a bench resting and I put the camera in the case next to me. Eventually got up to leave and left it on the bench. Ack!! Luckily someone turned it in and we got it back....all our Hershey Park vacation pics...yikes.
So anyways,,,I can really sympathize over the broken lens...and I am even more impresses with your hubby's reaction. Mine would have yelled at me for dropping it! So hugs to you...can't wait to see the outcome!
__________________
Blessings, Cathy DH DD(16) DD(10) DD(9)
Latest Trip Report "Dancing in Disney" - please stop by!
twob4him is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #126
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss
 
DisneyJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 19,734

Your puppy is adorable, such a cutie

I'm so sorry about the lens, it sounds as though your hubbie was fantastic though
DisneyJo is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #127
kdzbear
DIS Veteran
 
kdzbear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: KS
Posts: 1,321

That is always my biggest fear is dropping and breaking my camera on vacation and I don't have a fancy one like you. The pictures came out awesome! I love all of the cut outs to take pictures in and with. We always go in the back way so I had never seen those before. I hope your camera story gets a happy ending before your trip is over! Your daughter is so cute!
__________________
Me DH DD13 DS8 DD6

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
kdzbear is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #128
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!
 
Jennifer48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,374

Awww I'm so sorry to hear about your lens! I hope you were able to replace it in time for the rest of your trip!
__________________
WDW: '00, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08 , '08 , '09 , '10 , '10 , '10 , '11, '11, '12 , '12, '12 , '13, '13, '14
DCL: '06 , '07, '09 , '12 FMV, '14
DLR: '07
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Jennifer48 is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 05:34 PM   #129
cjackearl
DIS Veteran
 
cjackearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 1,909

Oh, you poor woman! I would have been freaking out too, I'm sure. What a sweet husband, though. Did you end up getting another lens? I'm sooooo glad it wasn't the rental! I'd forgotten you were doing that. Were you pleased that you rented?
__________________
cjackearl is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #130
MaryAz
DIS Veteran
 
MaryAz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,275

Oh no, I am so sorry about the lens. Your Hubby was so sweet trying to make it all better! The pics you took were great!!
__________________
Me Dh: DD 10 DD 8
MaryAz is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #131
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Aw..here's a hug!
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #132
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran
 
Lady Lallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,576

Oh my goodness! I had tears in my eyes while I read this update, I can't believe it. My fear is that I will break my camera at Disney so this would have been a nightmare, like I imagine it was for you. I'm anxious to see if you were able to get another lens somehow.

The little scenes in the line are really cute though. They look like a lot of fun to pose at!
Lady Lallie is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 08:34 PM   #133
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran
 
Tnkrbelle565's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North of Boston OR 1335 Miles from WDW
Posts: 8,490

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Sorry about the loss of computer access...I would go nuts...terrible to admit that...but Bailey is absolutely adorable!!! Funny how he likes crocs and trees ...and has learned how to go outside! Good puppy! Hope Aisling is better!


I love other people's animals!



Oh Gosh!! You poor thing! I was paranoid about losing my camera all together. That happened to me once. I was sitting on a bench resting and I put the camera in the case next to me. Eventually got up to leave and left it on the bench. Ack!! Luckily someone turned it in and we got it back....all our Hershey Park vacation pics...yikes.
So anyways,,,I can really sympathize over the broken lens...and I am even more impresses with your hubby's reaction. Mine would have yelled at me for dropping it! So hugs to you...can't wait to see the outcome!
I think he saw those tears and wouldn't dare say anything to me about dropping it. My camera is my one and only "toy" and he knows how much I value it.

Aisling is finally better...mystery fever only took about 4 days to disappear for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Your puppy is adorable, such a cutie

I'm so sorry about the lens, it sounds as though your hubbie was fantastic though
He was! I'll keep him for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
That is always my biggest fear is dropping and breaking my camera on vacation and I don't have a fancy one like you. The pictures came out awesome! I love all of the cut outs to take pictures in and with. We always go in the back way so I had never seen those before. I hope your camera story gets a happy ending before your trip is over! Your daughter is so cute!
Oh you should try going through the line...it is quite fun. It was really funny this time because we had to fly through the pics since we were 1st in line so I literally had her running from one to the next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Awww I'm so sorry to hear about your lens! I hope you were able to replace it in time for the rest of your trip!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Oh, you poor woman! I would have been freaking out too, I'm sure. What a sweet husband, though. Did you end up getting another lens? I'm sooooo glad it wasn't the rental! I'd forgotten you were doing that. Were you pleased that you rented?
I was totally thrilled with the rental company. THAT lens did make it back safe and sound! I would absolutely rent again. Maybe on an adult only trip though

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Oh no, I am so sorry about the lens. Your Hubby was so sweet trying to make it all better! The pics you took were great!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Aw..here's a hug!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Oh my goodness! I had tears in my eyes while I read this update, I can't believe it. My fear is that I will break my camera at Disney so this would have been a nightmare, like I imagine it was for you. I'm anxious to see if you were able to get another lens somehow.

The little scenes in the line are really cute though. They look like a lot of fun to pose at!

Yup...it was a big sob fest that morning! But I eventually sucked it up and decided that I couldn't let it enjoy my vacation!

Since everyone asked...I did not get a new lens for the trip. In fact, I still don't have one to replace it- Christmas presents seem to win out over replacing a lens. I didn't want Randy wasting time going off property to try and find one- the trip was too short as it was. The result was that I missed out on some shots I really had hoped to get...particularly firework pics. I got some with the UWA but they weren't the same. It did bother me for the rest of the trip but I did try to suck it up and not let it ruin Aisling's birthday.
__________________
ME (Kristine) (36), DD (9)Let the (Soaken Wet) Memories Begin
Tnkrbelle565 is offline  
Old 12-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #134
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran
 
Tnkrbelle565's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North of Boston OR 1335 Miles from WDW
Posts: 8,490

OK so I guess there were only 3 Photopass Pics of Woody and Buzz but here they are...







And who wants to see the inside of a lens??????





There you go! The source of my Disney tears!!!

Up Next:

A friendly face (or three) to cheer up a cranky Kristine!
__________________
ME (Kristine) (36), DD (9)Let the (Soaken Wet) Memories Begin
Tnkrbelle565 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.