Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2009, 06:52 PM   #76
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

Love the update and the pics. Sorry about hubby getting sick, he was just so excited to get to WDW he just couldn't contain himself !!! Glad he started feeling better. That is always a fear of mine on vacation that someone would get sick and need to rest and sleep the week away. Your DD is so cute, and she looks adorable in the Minnie dress. What a sweetie !!
Looking forward to the next update.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #77
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Hi Kristine...I am loving your trip report so far! Poor dh! I hate puking but if you feel better afterwards maybe its ok to just get it over with...what a trooper! What a great time at Chef Mickey's and I loved the dress too! How great that Aisling took matters into her own hands and got her Minnie autograph...I love that about her...what a precious young lady..you can tell she is so happy to be in Disney!!!
Yup, she's definitely not my kid....I still wouldn't have complained about Minnie not signing my book...at 32!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Your poor hubbie, glad he was well enough to eat though!

Aisling looks so cute in her Minnie dress and looked as though she had tons of fun twirling her napkin
Thank you! Chef Mickey's is a great way to kick off a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
Love the update and the pics. Sorry about hubby getting sick, he was just so excited to get to WDW he just couldn't contain himself !!! Glad he started feeling better. That is always a fear of mine on vacation that someone would get sick and need to rest and sleep the week away. Your DD is so cute, and she looks adorable in the Minnie dress. What a sweetie !!
Looking forward to the next update.
It was my fear too! Especially if it was him that had to stay in the room. He was disappointed that we stayed at POP so my arguement about "never being in the room" would have pushed him over the edge if he was stuck in the room all week!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #78
sohappy
DIS Veteran

Sorry Randy got sick. That stinks! Looks like a fun time though. Aisling looked adorable in her customs. I love that she tracked Minnie down. At character meals, we generally all run to get food at the same time. We will wait if a character is pretty close, but usually they are not.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #79
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.

Sorry I've been terrible at updating lately. We've had an insane week and an even busier weekend coming up....we have a new arrival coming on Sat (but more on that later).

Anyway...I last left you with DH's improving health and three weary travelers heading to bed. We had plans for the morning and needed a good night sleep to accomplish them. But first...Aisling needed to swim. So while I unpacked and prepared for our first park day, Randy took Aisling for a dip in the Hippy Dippy Pool.

The next morning I got up bright and early thinking...why did I want to be at rope drop???? Oh right...I wanted to actually get on TSM this time! (Never made it on once in February)

So I dragged my butt to the bathroom and got ready. When I came out, Aisling and Randy were laying in the dark giggling about something. YAY!!! I didn't need to drag them out of bed. Everyone else got ready in record time and we headed down to breakfast at 7:30am.

It was empty at breakfast...which was really thrilling. I was hoping it was a good indicator of the attendance level of the parks (it really wasn't ). Aisling did some dancing while spending FOREVER deciding what to she wanted to eat (we don't typically have a hot breakfast at the hotel but we knew were were going to have extra CS credits so we decided to eat breakfast two days)

We finally got all our breakfast together and sat down to eat.

Randy went to get drinks and he was ROBBED!

(his yummy bacon- all gone! )

After clearing up, we started to head out to the bus. Aisling had brought her trading pins with her. She has never traded before so during breakfast we tried to explain the rules. She quickly got the one that CMs *have* to trade with her. So she stopped the first one she saw!

I had planned to be out at the bus stop no later than 8:15am and WE WERE!!!! OMG! We are going to do it! We are finally going to make rope drop as a family!!!!!!

To be continued
Old 11-18-2009, 07:58 PM   #80
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

Love the update, interested to find out about the new arrival coming !! Don't keep us hanging to long !! Aisling is like my Maddie, turn your back on bacon, and it will disappear !!

Old 11-18-2009, 08:17 PM   #81
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Uh oh.....that little smilie makes me wonder if you miss rope drop!

That is some really yummy looking breakfast!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:18 PM   #82
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

new arrival I can't wait to hear

your dd is so cute love how you caught her taking the bacon
Old 11-19-2009, 07:38 AM   #83
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
Love the update, interested to find out about the new arrival coming !! Don't keep us hanging to long !! Aisling is like my Maddie, turn your back on bacon, and it will disappear !!
Ah yes...you never mess with this chick and bacon. On her first trip to Disney a CM told her that Pluto steals bacon and so ever since, she always eats that first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Uh oh.....that little smilie makes me wonder if you miss rope drop!

That is some really yummy looking breakfast!
We had 45 minutes...we couldn't possibly miss rope drop. Even if someone did want to stop every CM they saw to trade pins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytreasures View Post
new arrival I can't wait to hear

your dd is so cute love how you caught her taking the bacon
And I haven't been hiding from people that I'm expecting so let's put that rumor to bed before some questionable Photopass Pics get into this trip report! I'm just fat But we are getting a new arrival....more on him in a bit.

Last edited by Tnkrbelle565; 11-19-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:54 AM   #84
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.- Part 2

Despite the little faith LL has in me (in fairness to her, history does work in her favor to guess that we never made it!)....we did make rope drop at DHS! In fact, the bus was waiting when we walked outside of POP! So by 8:30 we were already off the bus and waiting to have our bags checked.

We got through the turnstiles fairly quickly and got into the park. I stopped to take some photos of the crowd.

When I turned back...Aisling and Randy were taking to a American Idol Experience CM. Oh LORD! Please tell me that weren't signing me up to sing or something

Then I spotted her pin lanyard Aisling really got the hang of that pin trading thing quickly.

After a quick trade, we joined the masses waiting to mad dash to TSM. As you can see from the pics, there was already a TON of people there a half hour before rope drop. But we enjoyed the opening show (hey, this might be the only time we actually make it to rope drop

I do have to say that I'm fairly impressed with crowd control to TSM. Our original plan was to grab fast passes and then head out to the standby line. But that was EVERYONE's plan. The Fast Pass Machines were at least 20 deep when we got there. So we threw away the plan and hoped in the standby line

Because I had the time, I did get some cute pics along the way (we had only been on this ride one time previously and had fast passed it so we never saw the entertainment in line)

The standby line said 30 minutes when we entered (again, yes this WAS right a rope drop folks...I can't get over how crazy this line is!) But it moved quickly and we were on in 20 minutes. Aisling didn't seem to mind the wait that much-which was a bonus!

And thus concludes our tour of TSM. I hope you enjoyed it! Stay tuned for someone is this happy crew having to be consoled by Woody for being in tears at a character meet & greet
Old 11-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #85
sohappy
DIS Veteran

I KNEW she was perfect for Jackson (or Cooper)! Their mutual love of bacon will keep them together!

Love the update!

Old 11-19-2009, 09:29 AM   #86
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

I love how she is carrying her american doll! I have like three of them, I did not realize they were still popular! haha
Old 11-19-2009, 09:41 AM   #87
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohappy View Post
I KNEW she was perfect for Jackson (or Cooper)! Their mutual love of bacon will keep them together!

Love the update!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
I love how she is carrying her american doll! I have like three of them, I did not realize they were still popular! haha
Thanks for reading

They are super popular...which is very unfortunate for my wallet This was the first and only time we let her bring her doll to the park with us. About an hour into the day, she got sick of holding it and wanted us to hold it
Old 11-19-2009, 10:40 AM   #88
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Hooray for making rope drop!

When you mentioned earlier that Randy got robbed, I got so nervous! I thought someone robbed him of his wallet at POP!

Thats such a cute story though that Aisling eats all her bacon before Pluto does!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 11-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #89
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

You made rope drop! I'm very impressed. We always want to make rope drop but very rarely do.

You lucked out with a 20 minute wait for Toy Story Mania. We arrived 5 minutes after Hollywood Studios opened and the wait for TSM was already 50 minutes. The wait for the Fastpass machines went waaaaaay down the street!

Old 11-19-2009, 12:24 PM   #90
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Hooray for making rope drop!

When you mentioned earlier that Randy got robbed, I got so nervous! I thought someone robbed him of his wallet at POP!

Thats such a cute story though that Aisling eats all her bacon before Pluto does!
Well he would have deserved it after cutting you off this morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You made rope drop! I'm very impressed. We always want to make rope drop but very rarely do.

You lucked out with a 20 minute wait for Toy Story Mania. We arrived 5 minutes after Hollywood Studios opened and the wait for TSM was already 50 minutes. The wait for the Fastpass machines went waaaaaay down the street!
I can't believe that TSM has been open for almost 2 years and the line is still that crazy! I hope it shows Disney and that they really need another "all-ages" ride.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: