Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #151
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Omgosh... my heart stopped beating when you said that you dropped the lens. I would have cried too. I'm so sorry.... But I'm glad you didn't let it ruin the rest of your trip...
Old 12-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #152
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Well...you took one for the team after the near disaster! I've only been to HS once and I didn't do the backlot tour...I would do it just to see the sewing room!!!! Looks like a great day and I love Aisling's dress!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #153
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Omgosh... my heart stopped beating when you said that you dropped the lens. I would have cried too. I'm so sorry.... But I'm glad you didn't let it ruin the rest of your trip...
I have to confess that it stayed on my mind for the rest of the trip since i missed so many pics without that specific lens! But I tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Well...you took one for the team after the near disaster! I've only been to HS once and I didn't do the backlot tour...I would do it just to see the sewing room!!!! Looks like a great day and I love Aisling's dress!!
Oh you have to...the sewing room is actually 3 times the size of that pic!
Old 12-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #154
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

OOPPSSS...gotta backtrack!

I forget that before we headed over to Honey I Shrunk the Kids, we went to see Mike and Sully! Sorry about that!

Just because the signs make me giggle!!!

Last edited by Tnkrbelle565; 12-13-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #155
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Honey...I Found My Ray of Sunshine!

So last I left you before Mike and Sully so rudely interupted us, I was hanging out in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area waiting for a certain little brunette to come cheer up my day!

I met Cindee and her family during the February DISmeet and absolutely fell in love with her daughter "M". I was thrilled that they were going to come over and hang out with us for Aisling's birthday trip. They were originally going to just come with us to MK for Aisling actual bday but were able to sneak away on DHS day too!!!! Aisling and M hadn't met yet and I was dying to introduce them. They immediately bonded over their AG dolls and were fast friends- running off to play and abandon us grownups to chat!

Soon, the playground was getting a bit toasty so we decided to go have a seat at the Catering Co. and chat. The girls had their own table to discuss important girly things and trade pins

(I should mention that M has a gorgeous face that I realize I've grotesquely hidden with a white dot...it is for privacy reasons. Luckily, I smartly took a lot of shots from the back of them!)

We chatted for ages since the girls were playing so well! We eventually decided to head off to ABC Commissary for lunch

The ladies led the charge!

After lunch, the ladies figured that it was high time for a ride so it was back to TSM we went!!! The girls arranged to ride together, mommies together, and daddies together! I wish we had been across from the girls but I suppose a picture of daddies is just as fun!

After we got off the ride, the dancing light was out! Cindee had told me about it but I hadn't caught it yet! We watched him perform a variety of dance stylings! It's very cute if you can catch him.

Next Stop....Animation Building!!!

Last edited by Tnkrbelle565; 12-13-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #156
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Oh, the dancing light is awesome! I hope I get to see it.

I love that Aisling was able to have fun with another little girl. That picture of them from behind is so cute.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #157
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

So glad you were able to catch the dancing light! We were lucky enough to see it a few times when we were back in that area.

Love the pic of the girls walking.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #158
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Oh, the dancing light is awesome! I hope I get to see it.

I love that Aisling was able to have fun with another little girl. That picture of them from behind is so cute.
Thank you! I was thrilled to have "M" there too. In fact, I wish I could take her home with us! She kept Aisling so entertained!! Randy and I are getting pretty boring in our old age!!! M is a couple of years older than Ash and is SUPER well-mannered so she was definitely a good influence. Plus given that they live in Orlando- she is a Disney expert in her own right! But more on that coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
So glad you were able to catch the dancing light! We were lucky enough to see it a few times when we were back in that area.

Love the pic of the girls walking.
Thank you!

The light was so cute! This was the most laid back DHS day we had ever done. And I have to say that I really enjoyed being able to step back and enjoy things like this that we don't typically do!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #159
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
This was the most laid back DHS day we had ever done. And I have to say that I really enjoyed being able to step back and enjoy things like this that we don't typically do!
Isn't it so fun?!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:08 PM   #160
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Isn't it so fun?!
It is! Randy and I have been a ton of times but now that Aisling has been several times and is old enough to remember time to time, she's not upset if we don't see every show or ride every thing. We basically "hung out" at DHS with a few character meets and spins on TSM thrown in there. It was so relaxing for a Disney Day!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:11 PM   #161
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Looks like a fun time.
Old 12-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #162
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

We might like to see a picture of YOU on this vacation! Are you sure you were there? I get it though, I never have a picture of me! Sure hope there is a cute picture of you and M's mommy though! Lin is going to be crushed that his best disney friend found another disney friend. And I know Dallas will be jealous of Aisling playing with M, but not the doll part!

The Monsters signs always make me laugh. That is one of my favorite movies!!

I love a relaxing disney day! Where is the dancing light? I have never seen it!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 12-13-2009, 09:30 PM   #163
twob4him
DIS Veteran

A couple of questions...

I love that you met Mike and Sulley at Boo's door! Did the door have the chip in it where Sulley put the last piece in? Also, I don't get the sign from the management about "No more Jonas jokes"...

So glad Aisling and M got along famously! Where is that dancing light?? Clearly I thought I got a lot done on my HS day and I didn't.

Love the report!!! I gotta get my updates going too!
Old 12-13-2009, 10:06 PM   #164
jenbear123
Disney Fanatic

Just stumbled on your TR. Love it so far! Sorry to hear about the bad start with your DH Never fun to feel sick, especially at DW! I absolutely love Aisling's outfits. That's terrible news about your camera lens. I would've been moritified if that happened to me... I know how much those lenses can cost!! Hope you can get a replacement soon. Bailey is absolutely adorable! Hope you can cure his love for Crocs though
Old 12-14-2009, 06:50 AM   #165
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

I have never heard of the dancing light. Something new to look forward to.

We've never done Disney with friends before and I am really looking forward to going this summer with the kid's dance studio. Of course DS11 thinks he's old enough to ditch the parental units and go to a park with his friends. So NOT happening yet.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: