Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #136
Tickanee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post

Tickanee...very cute babies! Did you use bitter apple stuff to get them to stop chewing?
Thanks! We never had any problem with our older dog Jake, who is a German Shorthaired Pointer. He just loved anything paper, but wouldn't touch anything unless you gave it to him. With Bailey, the only chewing problem we had with him was the doormat in front of the kitchen slider. I did try the bitter apple stuff and it did not work. What did work was just laying down the kitchen breakfast bar stool onto the mat when we left. After a little while he caught the clue that chewing the mat was a No No. Bailey is a very quiet, subtle, low key lab. He NEVER barks and pretty much doesn't make any noise. Complete opposite of what I thought a lab was like.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #137
Tickanee
Mouseketeer

Oh No! So sad about your lens. I did think it was really nice of some stranger immediately trying to make you feel better by telling you that it could be fixed. Sometimes the kindness of strangers can really surprise you. I think the pictures you did take are awesome! Waaaay better than I could ever do.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #138
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

I'm sorry you didn't get a new lens.

Those pictures of Aisling with Buzz & Woody are so cute! That whole area looks so fun with the photo ops!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 12-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #139
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Oh no! So sorry about your camera lens. That was so sweet of your hubby to offer to go find one for you.

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 12-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #140
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Your poor lens!
it had seen better days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickanee View Post
Thanks! We never had any problem with our older dog Jake, who is a German Shorthaired Pointer. He just loved anything paper, but wouldn't touch anything unless you gave it to him. With Bailey, the only chewing problem we had with him was the doormat in front of the kitchen slider. I did try the bitter apple stuff and it did not work. What did work was just laying down the kitchen breakfast bar stool onto the mat when we left. After a little while he caught the clue that chewing the mat was a No No. Bailey is a very quiet, subtle, low key lab. He NEVER barks and pretty much doesn't make any noise. Complete opposite of what I thought a lab was like.
Well our Bailey is only 3 1/2 months and teething big time. He's totally calm 90% of the time and not actually EATING anything...just chewing it! Ah the joys of puppyhood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickanee View Post
Oh No! So sad about your lens. I did think it was really nice of some stranger immediately trying to make you feel better by telling you that it could be fixed. Sometimes the kindness of strangers can really surprise you. I think the pictures you did take are awesome! Waaaay better than I could ever do.
It was SOOOO nice of that guy. Apparently he did the same thing once and was able to have the lens fixed. That's actually part of the reason I haven't gotten a new lens- I want to check a camera store and see if it's possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
I'm sorry you didn't get a new lens.

Those pictures of Aisling with Buzz & Woody are so cute! That whole area looks so fun with the photo ops!
Thank you! Hopefully I'll get one sooner rather than later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Oh no! So sorry about your camera lens. That was so sweet of your hubby to offer to go find one for you.
He's is good like that. He gets very panicky when I cry!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:23 PM   #141
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Oh no! How horrible about your lens! It can be replaced of course but I would have also been in tears!

I joined the ranks of cool camera people in October but I don't know how to use it really. I Just put it on auto and click! It works for me! I also only have one lens but I will remember it is a 2 person operation to change them out when I get a new one some day!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 12-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #142
tinytreasures
DIS Veteran

so sorry about your lens
you didn't get trip insurance did you maybe they would cover it?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #143
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
Oh no! How horrible about your lens! It can be replaced of course but I would have also been in tears!

I joined the ranks of cool camera people in October but I don't know how to use it really. I Just put it on auto and click! It works for me! I also only have one lens but I will remember it is a 2 person operation to change them out when I get a new one some day!
Yes...def a 2 person job! Much safer that way! How is the camera working out so far? Don't you love it?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytreasures View Post
so sorry about your lens
you didn't get trip insurance did you maybe they would cover it?
We didn't have trip insurance. *Luckily* this particular lens only costs about $100 so it wouldn't even be worth it to file a claim on my homeowners policy. It was just sadly a $100 lesson!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #144
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

Oh dear, your poor lens!

Absolutely love your daughter's purple halloween dress. Sitting here totally wishing my DD would still wear stuff like that. They grow up so fast. Too fast really. But I best stop before I make myself cry.

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 12-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #145
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
Oh dear, your poor lens!

Absolutely love your daughter's purple halloween dress. Sitting here totally wishing my DD would still wear stuff like that. They grow up so fast. Too fast really. But I best stop before I make myself cry.
Ya, I'm sure that I don't have have too much time until it's not "cool"
Old 12-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #146
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

For your viewing pleasure today! The Wolf Family has posted their Christmas Video to YouTube and it's *almost* as good as the Disney one!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFhlzi5REC0

In case you are one of the 3 people on the Disboards who haven't seen the Disney one...it's a MUST watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLOJ9HMkgAE
Old 12-06-2009, 08:03 AM   #147
sohappy
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing that link. I LOVE that family. They seem like so much fun.

Love the DHS update. Sorry about the lens, but glad it was your lens,not the rented one.

We had a dog with a chewing problem. I think he was a little messed up in the head, so take this for what it's worth. Bitter Apple was like GRAVY for him. He searched out places that we used it and chewed them even more! Then we tried Tabasco- that was just spicy gravy. We just had to ride it out and replace the damaged stuff when it was over. Hope Bailey isn't like that!!!

Old 12-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #148
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Youuuuuuuuu whoooooooo!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 12-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #149
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer48 View Post
Youuuuuuuuu whoooooooo!
SOOOORRRRYYYY I'm a horrible TR writer this time around! I really need to get on it. Sadly, I get a lot of my TR segments written at work but I've had no downtime at all. It's been completely nuts. I've been working late almost every night. Plus the puppy is like having a toddler in the house again. You can't stop watching him for a second or something is going to be eaten!
Old 12-12-2009, 10:44 AM   #150
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

There are no good Disney Quotes about the Backlot Tour

Well I had to suck it up and stop the crying. We were in Disney for cryin' out loud (not pun intended)

So off to the Backlot Tour we went. This ride was closed on my last trip and we didn't have the time to do it on the trip before that so it's been awhile since we've been on it.

I have to say...I'm not as thrilled with the new storyline. I guess the old one was stale but I liked it.

Aisling couldn't remember this one so it was hard to convince her that we were standing in line for an actual ride. She was not thrilled with us until we went around the corner...

Once we got to this scene though...her attitude changed. She was quite thrilled to find out that Randy and I were actually IN this part before. 6 year olds find their parents getting soaked HILARIOUS! She was mad we couldn't leave her to do it again

Aisling was thrilled to see the "REAL" Hannah Montana movie chicken coop

See Happy Aisling is back!

Random Tour Pics

For my sewing friends!

After the tour, Aisling needed to get out some energy so we headed to the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground. She was running around so fast that I didn't get any pics. While we were there...my phone rang! A certain cheerful face was about to brighten my day!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: