Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #1
buzz2400
The TF waves to buzz2400's DS

help name a girl kitten

We ended up with a female kitten (about 8 weeks) on halloween. We have flyers all over for my missing cat and someone called and said she had our cat but it turned out it was just a kitten. She said she opened the door and it walked into her house but she couldn't keep it because she was allergic so my mom decided she wants to keep it. Anyway we are trying to come up with names, thinking halloween theme or something along the lines of a gift from god because we are still devastated over our other missing cat and then this one shows up. Just would like some ideas if you have any. Thanks. Oh and she is black and white.
buzz2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
Liberty Belle
I was going to reply, but I see I already did...three years ago!
Hey, I warned you. Now go have a drink. It's the only thing that takes it away
Makes sleestack noises when her throat itches

Ariel means "lion of God". That's pretty perfect.

Also:

Dorothea (Gift from God)
Eudora (Good Gift)
Kali (The Black One)
Mohana (Bewitching)

DH: Me: DS (20): DS(10):
(Hunter) (Leo) (Anatevka) : (Cookie)
Liberty Belle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #3
Laura
Wonders if the Tag Fairy takes requests?
Vegetarians unite!
Only uses the "best rigging"

Godiva means "gift of God"
http://www.behindthename.com/name/godiva
Old 11-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
maroo
DIS Veteran

Ariel...

How sweet!

It is Disney. You could dress up as Ariel for Halloween and Gift from God...what a wonderful name for a new kitten!
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
buzz2400
The TF waves to buzz2400's DS

thanks for the ideas. I will forward them to my mom.
buzz2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
LaraK
A wet monitor is the sign of a classic!
Uh oh...it's the Snarky Purple Fairy..everyone spell check!
Damnit! I AM a good girl!

The Aristocats was on Disney today...the "lead" cat in that is Dutchess.
~~Any statements placed on this thread by said poster (heretofore The Poster) are mearly jesting and should and shall not be considered personal attacks of any posters posting within said thread nor were any posters not on this thread referenced and should, therefore, not consider this to be a personal attack of any nature, intent or thought. Further, no animals were actually harmed in the posting of this post. This poster is an equal opportunity rebutter and will request biting regardless of age, race or religion. Any names or faces represented in this post are fictional and not based on any actual people.~~
LaraK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
jfoofj
DIS Veteran

Our female cat is named Fifi, which fits her because she is such a prissy lady! We had another female cat that my son (then 3) insisted we call Spike, and that name fit her, because she was a brute! Unfortunately she went out one day and never came home.... hence the arrival of Fifi.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #8
MrJT
Content to be a Mouseketeer

Just make sure that you REALLY have a girl.
About 9 years ago, a friend of my wife had kittens...well the cat that decided to give birth at her house did...and we were offered one.
My wife decided that she wanted a GIRL. She was shown the girls, picked one, and named her. The kids were into Powerpuff Girls at the time, so our baby girl was named Bubbles. We were getting ready to move, so we didn't take Bubbles home immediately. Bubbles also had/has long hair. A few weeks after Bubbles moved in, my wife took her to the vet. Who informed her "Bubbles has testicles".
We contemplated renaming our cat with a more masculine name, but nothing sounded right. So our male cat is named Bubbles.
MrJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:38 PM   #9
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

For a female? Black and white? Oreo, or Boo, my DD has a black & white female named Figaro.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:40 PM   #10
dwdeb
Mouseketeer

more name ideas:
Figaro(pinocchio)
Checkers
Domino
dwdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:12 PM   #11
"Got Disney"
They’re like Lays chips...just cant get enough
Little Angels come and take them away
We need to smack them all in the heads and say "WAKE UP YAHOOS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz2400 View Post
We ended up with a female kitten (about 8 weeks) on halloween. We have flyers all over for my missing cat and someone called and said she had our cat but it turned out it was just a kitten. She said she opened the door and it walked into her house but she couldn't keep it because she was allergic so my mom decided she wants to keep it. Anyway we are trying to come up with names, thinking halloween theme or something along the lines of a gift from god because we are still devastated over our other missing cat and then this one shows up. Just would like some ideas if you have any. Thanks. Oh and she is black and white.
sorry to hear of your missing kitty

Our kitty went out one day and did not come back....we got another kitty for the kitty that we still had(we had 2 at the time) so she would not get lonely. WE thought out kitty was gotten by a Coyote..

3 and a half weeks later we hear a meow at the door...low and behold it was our missing kitty he was as skinny as could be. We still dont know where he went missing to for over 3 weeks but he was home. He also has no desire to go out anymore and that is a good thing because all 3 of our kitties are now indoor Cats.

We live on a mountain with not really much traffic....but we do have coyotes and have lost 1 cat to them already. I saw the whole thing. But got him away from the coyote but it was to late to save him.

so dont give up hope...also have you called the local police station to see if anyone called in a found cat? How about the local vets? I call in pets we find all the time as do many many others that find pets to the local police and vets.

also dont forget at the pound they have an injured animal section where they keep dogs and cats that have been injured...dont forget to ask to look and see in there. If they wont let you...insist. They once had a puppy of mine that was hit by a car and I looked for 2 weeks for her. Finally I noticed that area...they refused to let me look because of disturbing the sick animals. I looked anyway and there she was...broken hip and all waiting for me to find her for 2 weeks

Hope your kitty still finds her/his way home

just relax Mun :wooho
"Got Disney" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:52 PM   #12
luvflorida
Free entertainment is everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz2400 View Post
Anyway we are trying to come up with names, thinking halloween theme or something along the lines of a gift from god because we are still devastated over our other missing cat and then this one shows up.
Aww, sorry to hear about your lost kitty. Maybe he's still around and will return home.

Just wanted to say that we have a black and white kitty named 'Henry'. He has the sweetest personality! The vet asked me if I thought Henry was particularly smart (she has this theory about black and white kitties being exceptionally intelligent) and I had to inform her that Henry is a sweetheart, but not gifted by any stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Got Disney" View Post
3 and a half weeks later we hear a meow at the door...low and behold it was our missing kitty
Yay! I'm happy to hear that your kitty came home! Maybe the OP's cat will do the same.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #13
Orangeandwild
I'd rather be in Epcot

I am so sorry about your lost kitty,I hope it turns up for you and I think a great name for your new little girl kitty would be Samantha after the housewife witch on Bewitched.

58 wonderful trips to Disney so far!!!
Orangeandwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #14
hrh_disney_queen
My DH has the hots for Stacey
Momma wuvs her little kitty-kitty, oh yes she does, oh, yes she does
I knew what he was before I touched him, just never thought they could MOVE that fast

I'm so sorry about your kitty, I hope she shows up. I opened a thread to name my kitty in my signature, DH was hesitant to allow us to have her and he insisted on changing her name. So after having her for almost 3 months, the boys have gotten used to calling her Kitty..which is fine. I have reverted back to her given name since no one came up with name and I always liked it. So now she is back to being named "Sweet Pea", which is a generic Southern term of endearment.

"There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown." Michael Scott..................Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
hrh_disney_queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #15
Louiepipbgeeco
Louie is hubby, I am PIP Disney Diva!!

I like Camilla for a female cat.
We have named our precious beast that.
It is suiting.

ME DH : DD age 16
DS age 8
Louiepipbgeeco is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: