Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #1
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Cool We Opened Magic Kingdom With MICKEY! The Princesses First Trip 10/17/09-10/24/09

Welcome to my first trip report! Please allow me to introduce myself and my family.

Me(Heidi): I am a dental hygienist two days a week and a SAHM the rest of the time. This was my fourth Disney trip. The must do's for myself were Tower of Terror and to just enjoy Disney through my children's eyes.

DH(Stuart): Stu is a test engineer for a manufacturing company. This was his second trip to Disney. His must do's were Rock n' Roller Coaster and Expedition Everest. Here is a picture of Stu from our anniversary trip in April of 2008.

DD6(Erin): This was Erin's first trip to Disney World. Her must do's were the Tea Cups and to meet Belle, Sleeping Beauty, and Ariel.

DD3(Ava): This was also Ava's first trip. Her must do's were Dumbo and to see the Playhouse Disney show so she could see Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

Here is a picture of Erin, Ava, and myself.

We stayed at Pop Century October 17-October 24.

Up next: The voyage to Disney World

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 07-30-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

The Voyage to Disney World

Our adventure began with a drive to Minneapolis. We would be leaving from Minneapolis on Saturday afternoon, so we spent the night in a hotel near the airport. This worked out really well for us because we were able to just leave our vehicle at the hotel for the week.

On Saturday we woke up and took our time enjoying our breakfast because we didn't have to leave the hotel until around ten. The girls were so excited to tell anyone that would listen (and some that wouldn't) that they were going to Disney World today!

We arrived at the airport around 10:30 and were able to check-in without waiting. We then proceeded to breeze through security. What a relief! We grabbed some lunch in one of the food courts and then headed out to find our gate.

Our plane took off on time and the flight went great. I couldn't believe how well behaved the girls were on the plane. You would have thought that they did this kind of thing every day. They loved going through their carry-ons to find all of the little surprises I had been hoarding away for the last year. I was amazed at all of the fun Disney finds that I was able to get at the Dollar Tree and Michaels. A quick three hours later we landed in Florida!

We had checked one suitcase and chose to pick this up ourselves instead of having the Magical Express crew do it. By the time we made it to the baggage claim our bag was already making its way out. We made our way to the Magical Express area, but not without stopping to check out the bathroom. There was nobody waiting in line and we made our way directly to a POP bus. The bus was pretty full so I was bummed that we had to sit near the back of the bus. There would be no pictures for us entering Disney.

Here is a picture of Erin excitedly waiting to get on the road

About 30 minutes later we arrived here

I had done the online check-in and when we arrived there were as many people in that line as there were in the regular line. Oh well. About five minutes after getting up to the desk we were on our way to our room in the 50's section, building one(or the building by Lady). We quickly dropped our things in our room and headed to the food court because we were starving and starting to get a little surly. Stu and I had the Chicken Penne Alfredo, which was quite tasty. Erin and Ava had the Lo Mein, but they ended up eating alot off of our plates. I also had to try the famous tie dye cheesecake and it did not disappoint.

We stopped in the gift shop on the way back to the room to get autograph books, which ended up being very needed the next morning! We headed back to the room and quickly got ready for bed because we were headed to Magic Kingdom in the morning.

All in all we had a very successful travel day. Was this a sign of how our week was going to go?

Up next: Mickey called and he wants to know if you can help him.

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 08-26-2010 at 07:50 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Mickey called and he wants to know if you can help. Magic Kingdom 10/18

On Sunday morning we were up at 6:30. My girls are early risers, which is helpful since we wanted to be at the Magic Kingdom for the rope drop. We turned on the weather channel and it was only 49 degrees. We were hoping we left that kind of weather back in North Dakota! We had a quick breakfast of Pop Tarts and headed to the bus stop. We waited for about 5 minutes and a bus arrived. I remember looking at the time in the bus and it was 7:33.

Before we knew it we arrived at the Magic Kingdom. We made it through the baggage check quickly and made our way towards the turnstyles. A CM approached us and asked if we were there for breakfast and we told her no. About a minute later another CM by the name of Ivy approached us. She bent down to Erin and Ava and told them she had just gotten a call from Mickey. He wanted to know if they could help him open the park. She told them it was a secret and did they want to help. Erin said sure, but she definitely did not know what she was in for. Ivy took us through the turnstyle and told us to have a seat. Here we are waiting

Ivy wanted to know if the girls had autograph books because they would need them. I told her that they had gotten them the night before, so she told us to just sit tight. We visited with Ivy and another CM named Robin. They told us we would be riding in a 100 year old car down Main Street with Reggie the driver. They had us practice our prince and princess waves.

A little while later Reggie arrived and had us get in the vehicle. He drove us down Main Street making sure that we waved at the people there for early breakfasts. He pulled in front of the castle and took several pictures for us. Here are two of my favorites.

When we were done at the castle we headed towards ToonTown

It was around this time I just kept looking at Stu and saying I couldn't believe this was happening. We were the only people in ToonTown!

Shortly after we arrived a CM named Dennis came to talk to us. He was in charge of making sure everything ran smoothly. He explained to us what was going to be happening and he also wanted to have our camera so he could take pictures of everything. Reggie let us know we were very fortunate to be with Dennis. They had the girls run and play off some excited energy in Toon Park while we were waiting. Before we knew it Dennis told us to go and look in Mickey's window of his house to see if there was anyone in there.

Who could it be?

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 12-10-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
natale1980
"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"... Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Super cool!!
More please!

-nat
Old 11-03-2009, 09:56 PM   #5
SGMCO
Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions

Oh Man!!
How Lucky are you?
Can't wait to find out what happened next!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:07 AM   #6
aja319se
Mouseketeer

amazing! can't wait to read more
Old 11-04-2009, 08:54 AM   #7
Diamondintheruff
Thinks she saw a flash!

We were at MNSSHP that night. Coming from Canada I agree with you wishing we had left that kind of weather at home too!

How super exciting that your family got to experience opening the park. Can't wait to hear more!

2013 Jan Offsite, 2012 Aug POR, 2010 July CSR, 2009 Oct CSR MNSSHP Weekend Adult Getaway!2009 April AKL 40th B-Day Trip with Dh only! 2008 August POR,2007Aug ASMu Family Suite, 1997 Off-site,1996 Disneymoon@Disney Institute,92,91,87,85,84 Off-site,84-78 Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 11-04-2009, 09:25 AM   #8
thechesters420
Mouseketeer

awesome report so far! Love the empty park pictures
Old 11-04-2009, 09:34 AM   #9
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natale1980 View Post
Super cool!!
More please!

-nat
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMCO View Post
Oh Man!!
How Lucky are you?
Can't wait to find out what happened next!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aja319se View Post
amazing! can't wait to read more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondintheruff View Post
We were at MNSSHP that night. Coming from Canada I agree with you wishing we had left that kind of weather at home too!

How super exciting that your family got to experience opening the park. Can't wait to hear more!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechesters420 View Post
awesome report so far! Love the empty park pictures
Thanks so much for stopping in! I'm hoping to get another update up this evening.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #10
misskate
Mouseketeer

Joining in! I'm looking forward to reading your TR, especially who was in Mickey's house!

Feb 2010: POFQ...a Disney Baby!
March 2011: Coronado Springs...Ohana! (aka No More Disney Babies for us! )
Old 11-04-2009, 01:35 PM   #11
leslie826
Mouseketeer

Wow! That is so cool!! Can't wait to hear more.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #12
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Your girls are beautiful and sound so well behaved. You're so lucky to get chosen to open the park, I can't wait to read all about it
Old 11-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #13
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I wanna join in the fun! It sounds like your trip is off to a fantastic start. I would have been jumping up and down had I been in your shoes.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-04-2009, 03:06 PM   #14
janloz
Wishing I was at WDW now.

Wow, what an amazing experience! Joining in for the fun.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #15
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Who was there?

Ahhh I'm so excited to find out who was there!

Count me in!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: