Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Cooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #1
kellia
DIS Veteran

Dumb crock pot question

I have a Rival Crock pot. There are 4 buttons- High: 4 or 6 hours, Low: 8 or 10 hours. I am gone for 11 hours a day. Does it cook at a lower temp for 10 hours than it does when you put it on 8 hours? I am not sure if I should do it for how long I'll be gone or how long something takes to cook, if that makes sense!
kellia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:36 PM   #2
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead
What ever ya do try it, you wont be disappointed

Always stay with the low setting if you don't know when your going to check on it.If it has A warm setting go with that.Then crank it on high when you return.Crockpots are good ,but don't overdo it.
Matter of fact I never seen A crockpot without A warm setting-use it if your gone more time then what the recipe calls for!!!!!!!!!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldduck352 View Post
Always stay with the low setting if you don't know when your going to check on it.If it has A warm setting go with that.Then crank it on high when you return.Crockpots are good ,but don't overdo it.
Matter of fact I never seen A crockpot without A warm setting-use it if your gone more time then what the recipe calls for!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 3 crockpots of varying ages and NONE have a warm setting. Mine have High & Low. To the OP, if you know you are going to be gone for 11 hours then use the 10 hour setting as it will cook the slowest and not leave with with over done food.
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneeyes View Post
I have 3 crockpots of varying ages and NONE have a warm setting. Mine have High & Low. To the OP, if you know you are going to be gone for 11 hours then use the 10 hour setting as it will cook the slowest and not leave with with over done food.
I got 2 of them and look on the face-it says WARM..On the stainless steel one all I gotta do is keep pressing the cook/time button to the WARM light comes on!!

http://images.lowes.com/product/048894/048894027017.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/detai...72036854775808
Old 11-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
Twigs
DIS Cast Member
I got tagged even though I wasn't optimistic!

I go by what time I want to eat dinner. I don't work, so I never use the low settings as I would have to get up very early early to have it all in the pot to let it cook for 8 or 10 hours, and have it be done by 6pm or so. I also have a Rival with the high 4, 6 hour/ low 8, 10 hour settings, so I usually use the high 6 hours or 4 hours, depending on the recipe directions. My present crockpot does have a warm setting which it automatically switches to if I don't turn it off right after the 6 or 4 hours are up. So if you work a long day and use the low 10 hours, it will switch to warm after the 10 hours are up and keep it warm for you if you aren't home yet. None of the crock pots I used to own had a warm setting it was just low or high knob. I love having the warm setting and use it on holidays to make my mashed potatoes keep them at a perfect temp. till serving time, and I can concentrate on the rest of the meal.
Twigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:35 PM   #6
greeneeyes
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldduck352 View Post
I got 2 of them and look on the face-it says WARM..On the stainless steel one all I gotta do is keep pressing the cook/time button to the WARM light comes on!!

http://images.lowes.com/product/048894/048894027017.jpg

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/detai...72036854775808

I never said I didn't believe you I was just answering this line in your previous post

Quote:
You say you've never seen one without the warm setting well come on over because I have 3 of them!
greeneeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:45 PM   #7
donaldduck352
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneeyes View Post
I never said I didn't believe you I was just answering this line in your previous post

You say you've never seen one without the warm setting well come on over because I have 3 of them!
You know what I went to my mom's house this past weekend and she got one that don't have A warm setting she has had for years.I never paid attention before this thread.So I stand corrected.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: