Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #76
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Dinner was hot dogs, popcorn and nachos while waiting for Fantasmic. Remember, just because you're on vacation doesn't mean you can give up on nutrition!
I don't see a problem with this, all food groups are represented. You are a good Dad.

Grains Nachos
Veggies Popcorn
Dairy Cheese
Meat Hotdogs... okay, this one might be a stretch

Great update BTW, some of those characters are pretty rare.

Love the picture with Louie, your son on his tip toes kissing his nose is just awesome.

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
Old 11-12-2009, 09:16 AM   #77
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
great update freezin!!! yes, i see snakes another busy day at work i see?
As far as you (or anyone else for that matter) knows, I did this all on my lunch break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rental01 View Post
Festival of the Lion King is a Shepard Family favorite. My wife collects "Stitches" so we're going to be looking for him the whole trip. Great TR so far! I'm really enjoying it!

Thank you!
Thanks for the kind words. Lilo & Stitch are just about always across the path from Pizzafari in AK. Stitch is also quite common at DHS in front of the hat in the mornings. The Times Guide will say something like "character greets at the sorcerer's hat" I also recall seeing him just over the bridge in adventure land in MK, but that may have been at a party, not a regular park day. Good luck Stitch hunting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon09 View Post
Yay! more great updates!
Unfortunatly, I have to get some work done, so there probably won't be an extensive update today. Well, we'll see how the day goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itJeff View Post

Awesome character pictures from the animation building. We're hoping to get caught in a 'character storm' while we're there. Were there any other signs that the storm was approaching?

Lots of updates today Keep 'em coming.
It was a Tuesday at 5:30. Fantasmic was playing that night. Or it may have been totally random. Good luck.

Quote:
are the cheese balls still around or did someone eat them?
Still working on them. Sent each kid to daycare with a baggie of them for a snack. What's your address? I'll mail some to ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
Love the picture with Louie, your son on his tip toes kissing his nose is just awesome.
Thanks. Evan really came into his own on this trip. I'm afraid of his new found independence.
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2009, 11:05 AM   #78
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Wow! I missed the Animal Kingdom installments and the Hollywood Studios installment. Lucky you seeing Pocahontas twice in one day. Of course, you got some great pictures at Animal Kingdom but my favorite was the one of Madison on Kali River Rapids.

I love the Hollywood Studios character pictures. Sooooo many!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #79
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great day between Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios! You hit the character jackpot at both parks!!! Looking forward to hearing about Madison's birthday.

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 11-12-2009, 10:36 PM   #80
Rental01
DIS Dad’s Club Member #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Thanks for the kind words. Lilo & Stitch are just about always across the path from Pizzafari in AK. Stitch is also quite common at DHS in front of the hat in the mornings. The Times Guide will say something like "character greets at the sorcerer's hat" I also recall seeing him just over the bridge in adventure land in MK, but that may have been at a party, not a regular park day. Good luck Stitch hunting!
Thanks for the info! We'll look for him next week!

/me scribbles notes onto "Disney must-do list"...
Home School Dis Dad's Alliance

Old 11-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #81
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Wow! I missed the Animal Kingdom installments and the Hollywood Studios installment. Lucky you seeing Pocahontas twice in one day. Of course, you got some great pictures at Animal Kingdom but my favorite was the one of Madison on Kali River Rapids.

I love the Hollywood Studios character pictures. Sooooo many!
She can be a real ham for the camera, can't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Sounds like you had a great day between Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios! You hit the character jackpot at both parks!!! Looking forward to hearing about Madison's birthday.
Oh yeah. The kids were just loving it. Except for the bad guys, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rental01 View Post
Thanks for the info! We'll look for him next week!

/me scribbles notes onto "Disney must-do list"...
How long is your list?

I should have the next update up today. It's pretty short because it was an off day.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #82
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Great pictures! Just catching up after my week away. Did the you feel a rift in the space/time continuum when you took that picture with Rafiki?
Old 11-13-2009, 05:17 PM   #83
mom2shayleeandlogan
Mouseketeer

Hi I found your Tr! I live not to far from Racine, but in Il. You are very brave driving all the down, but it seems like it went good. Enjoying reading about your trip,can't wait to read more!

Old 11-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #84
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Great pictures! Just catching up after my week away. Did the you feel a rift in the space/time continuum when you took that picture with Rafiki?
Welcome back! There was no rift, just a general feeling that everything was finally right with the world again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2shayleeandlogan View Post
Hi I found your Tr! I live not to far from Racine, but in Il. You are very brave driving all the down, but it seems like it went good. Enjoying reading about your trip,can't wait to read more!
Welcome aboard! We were pretty nervous starting out, but yes, it went very well. One of the best investments we made was an Ipass to get around Illinois. It sure was fun blowing through the Ipass lanes at 60mph while 35 cars were lined up to drop their quarters in the little baskets every few miles!
Old 11-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #85
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Day 7 - Oct 14 - Off Day: Golf, Swiming

Short update for today because it was an off day. We got in pretty late last night from Fantasmic.
Bambi's dad and I had an early tee time at Cleveland Heights Golf Club in Lakeland. It's a city-run course with 27 holes. Their weekday special was 18 holes, a cart and lunch for $28. And wasn't just half a stale sandwich and a bag of chips - it was 3 pieces of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, corn bread and a drink. Now that's a good deal.

I only took one picture of the course, and it was from the balcony of the restaurant. Trust me, you don't see palm trees on courses in Wisconsin.

Luckily, Grandpa and I have the same philosophy on golf. We enjoy spending a beautiful day outside on a golf course. In case you're wondering what I scored on this day, I shot an "enough". As in, I was good enough to want to go golfing again.

I won't go into too many boring details, but there is one interesting story from the day. We were probably on the 8th hole, and the right side of the fairway is lined with middle class houses. If anyone has golfed before, this is basically just a magnet for golf balls. I sliced one shot into someones backyard and we heard a dog start barking. We decided that it was better than yipping, so we kept going. Grandpa's next shot took off right at some guy's screen porch. We lost track of the ball, but as hard as it was hit, it had to have ripped a hole in the screen. As we walked past his house, he came outside. He grabbed his golf bag and opened his back gate and walked out onto the course. He must not have noticed Grandpa's shot, because we simply exchanged pleasantries as he walked up to the clubhouse.

We finished the front nine and went inside to grab a drink (it was 10am and already 90°!) We go back outside, and the starter points us to the 10th hole. Who's standing there, teeing off? Yup, the guy we nearly decapitated 15 minutes earlier.

Since the course was pretty empty, we joined him for the back nine. We got to chatting and found out his name was Bob, he was retired, and his doctor told him to get some exercise, so he usually walks 6 holes a day. Several times he mentioned how he never has to buy golf balls - he just picks them up from his back yard. Do you have any idea how hard it is to not burst out laughing while trying to swing a golf club?

So Grandpa and I are sharing a cart while Bob is walking and carrying his bag. We offered several times to give him a ride, but he kept refusing. By the 18th hole, we were worried that we would have to give him CPR. Luckily, we finished the round with no medical emergencies. He really was a nice guy and in quite good shape for being that age. I don't think I'd be able to schlep a golf bag for 9 holes in that heat even at my age.

We headed home and jumped straight into the pool to cool off. I could get used to days like that.

Bambi, Grandma and the kids spent the morning at a park with one of Grandma's co-workers and her daughter. They hit a toy store on the way home and picked up a big Fisher Price slide for the pool.

That's really about it for the day. Up next: Madison turns 5 at the Magic Kingdom. A Bibbity Bobbity Boutique make over and dinner at 1900 Park Fare.
Old 11-14-2009, 06:24 AM   #86
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

i love palm trees on the course, its easier to find your ball under them!! we have pine trees all over.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 11-14-2009, 12:22 PM   #87
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Sounds like it was a great day off for everyone!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 11-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #88
itJeff
I'm just not so sure how well this plan was thought through.

Funny story! DW has some cousins that moved next to a golf course. I told their kids that they should collect all the golf balls they find in their yard. Then they could take them up to the club and sell them back to the people that lost them. Funny this is, they actually did it!

I love the pics of the 'water slide'. Great idea!
Dis Dad's Club Member #367

We're driving 17 hours??? AGAIN??? Yes Dear, I'm THAT kinda guy. My Pre-Trip Report (Updated 5/18)

2001 FW Cabins - 2007 CBR - 2010 POR
Old 11-16-2009, 07:05 AM   #89
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
i love palm trees on the course, its easier to find your ball under them!! we have pine trees all over.
What's worse is cottonwoods. Hard to find your little white ball with all that little white cotton ball looking stuff all over the ground!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
Sounds like it was a great day off for everyone!
This is the first vacation that we actually scheduled down time. It's hard when you're only there for a week and want to do everything. If you have the time, I highly recommend it - it really recharges your batteries for the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itJeff View Post

I love the pics of the 'water slide'. Great idea!
Bambi went to Toys-R-Us to try and find one. It was the middle of October in Florida, 90° out, and they had put all of the "summer" toys in storage already. Luckily, a nice manager went into the back for her and dug one up. I would think that in Florida, you could sell summer toys all year round. Who knew?
Old 11-16-2009, 08:02 AM   #90
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

I've played that course before...

Man, I wouldn't even consider walking that area in that kind of heat...you look like you jumped in a pool after about 45 minutes

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: