Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2009, 10:53 AM   #136
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
It looks like you guys had a blast at MNSSHP! You hit a lot of rides too!

That pic of you in front of the coach is too funny!!!!

I can't believe the bus driver turned the lights on so you could wave to people standing in the tram line.... now that's just wrong!
We had a game plan going in as to what we were going to do at the party. Snow White, Halowishes and the 2nd parade. Everything we could fit in between was bonus.

You can tell some of those drivers love their jobs. They'll talk the entire ride - history, trivia, etc. And if laughing at people in line is wrong, I don't want to be right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
Great job on the TR, love the pics of MNSSHP, we are hoping to take a trip at this time of year. I was actually trying to push the family to move our Jan trip to Oct and maybe go for 2 weeks. But my older son says we should go for a week in Jan and a week in Oct.

Smart kid, he must get it from his Mom
You may want to bookmark this site for your son. You know, just in case. http://www.mensa.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
Sorry, this looks painful, but I can't help but laugh

Hope it feels better.
It's happened a few times before. I limp for about 30 minutes but then it feels better. And yes, I can sense changes in the weather by the ache in my knee. Geeze, I feel like an old man. Now GET OFF MY LAWN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Wow! They managed to incorporate the pink elephants scene! Disney is really amazing.
We were watching that movie the other night. You have to wonder what was being passed around the animation room when that little beauty was being drawn.

Quote:
Nice work! Still waiting for Nate's Its A Small War idea to catch on.
Bambi and I were just discussing that. They could incorporate the technology that they use at the shooting arcades with the laser guns and little targets next to each figure. Hit the elephant, and he drops the kids off his trunk into the water. Hit the guy on the tightrope, and the rope snaps plummeting the kid on the bike into the open jaws of the alligator with the pink umbrella. Hit the kid with the boomerang and his dingo dog starts chasing around. The possibilities are endless!

Quote:
Your kids look great in their costumes!
Old 11-20-2009, 01:33 PM   #137
m11dolphin
Mouseketeer

Great Report. I just found and finished reading all of it.
I also am from Racine, WI...This is the first time I saw someone from where I am on here. I am leaving for Disney in 12 days with the kids, but the dog is staying home

Sounds like you had a great time so far, can't wait to read the rest..
2005 - CRB
2003 - All Star Sports
2001 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
1993 - Off Site
1991 - Off Site
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-20-2009, 01:39 PM   #138
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m11dolphin View Post
Great Report. I just found and finished reading all of it.
I also am from Racine, WI...This is the first time I saw someone from where I am on here. I am leaving for Disney in 12 days with the kids, but the dog is staying home

Sounds like you had a great time so far, can't wait to read the rest..
So you live near me and will be out of town for a while, huh? Where exactly do you live, again?

Just kidding, just kidding. Are you driving or flying? On-site or off?

Thanks for reading and have a great trip!
Old 11-20-2009, 01:46 PM   #139
m11dolphin
Mouseketeer

We are starting out by staying at CBR for 4 nights then going to Saratoga for 3 nights then going to Vero Beach and staying in a beach Villa for 2 nights and ending the trip with 3 nights at Animal Kingdom.
We are Flying out of Milwaukee (Airtran)

Did both of your kids get the birthday thing they have this year? was it easy to get and what if anything did they choose? (the free enterance or the gift card or the fast passes?)
2005 - CRB
2003 - All Star Sports
2001 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
1993 - Off Site
1991 - Off Site
Old 11-20-2009, 02:09 PM   #140
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m11dolphin View Post
We are starting out by staying at CBR for 4 nights then going to Saratoga for 3 nights then going to Vero Beach and staying in a beach Villa for 2 nights and ending the trip with 3 nights at Animal Kingdom.
We are Flying out of Milwaukee (Airtran)

Did both of your kids get the birthday thing they have this year? was it easy to get and what if anything did they choose? (the free enterance or the gift card or the fast passes?)
Busy, busy! Holy cow! A split/split/split/split stay. That sounds like a lot of fun! If you do a trip report for it, post a link here. I'd love to read it.
The birthday thing was very easy. Just sign up on Disney's Birthday website, print out the certificate that it creates for you, and bring that and the child's birth certificate to the ticket windows marked for "Will Call". Some windows may be marked "Birthday Tickets" or something similar.

Both of my kids got the free admission. They get a special Happy Birthday ticket with Mickey on it that is in their trip scrapbooks now!
Old 11-21-2009, 04:33 AM   #141
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

great pics barry!! i didnt notice what you and dw dressed as for the party?and were are your trick r treat bags? when we did it last year the kids were cops and the adults(me too)were jail birds. there are pictures of this somewere.that guy playing the piano, he has been there for alot of years. i didnt see him in october when we were down and glad to see hes still there.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #142
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
great pics barry!! i didnt notice what you and dw dressed as for the party?and were are your trick r treat bags? when we did it last year the kids were cops and the adults(me too)were jail birds. there are pictures of this somewere.that guy playing the piano, he has been there for alot of years. i didnt see him in october when we were down and glad to see hes still there.
We tossed around a lot of ideas for costumes, but in the end we were too concerned with getting everything packed and all 6 of us down to Florida in once piece. Next time, though. I promise!
Old 11-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #143
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Those are some great pictures that you posted. I was surprised to see you guys in sweatshirts!!! Youi were there just after us and it was definitly not sweatshirt weather.

I had never seen or heard of the custodians doing the water art. That was cool. I will have to keep an eye our next time for that.

That is the cool thing about the trip reports...you get to see and hear about things that you did not know existed so you can add them to your own "to do list" for the next tripl!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 11-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #144
itJeff
I'm just not so sure how well this plan was thought through.

Great costumes! It's great that Evan got to be a character. Did Disney compensate him any?

I've never heard of the water art either. I wonder if they do that all the time or just for the parties?

Looks like you had a good vacation from your vacation.
Dis Dad's Club Member #367

We're driving 17 hours??? AGAIN??? Yes Dear, I'm THAT kinda guy. My Pre-Trip Report (Updated 5/18)

2001 FW Cabins - 2007 CBR - 2010 POR
Old 11-21-2009, 08:31 PM   #145
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Those are some great pictures that you posted. I was surprised to see you guys in sweatshirts!!! Youi were there just after us and it was definitly not sweatshirt weather.

I had never seen or heard of the custodians doing the water art. That was cool. I will have to keep an eye our next time for that.

That is the cool thing about the trip reports...you get to see and hear about things that you did not know existed so you can add them to your own "to do list" for the next tripl!
I did a little looking back on the weather history for Orlando.

Oct 16 High: 84 Low: 73
Oct 17 High: 73 Low: 55
Oct 18 High: 66 Low: 48

Looks like you got out at just the right time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itJeff View Post
Great costumes! It's great that Evan got to be a character. Did Disney compensate him any?

I've never heard of the water art either. I wonder if they do that all the time or just for the parties?

Looks like you had a good vacation from your vacation.
As far the as the water art, I think I saw a video of it on Disney Park's Blog (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/). They showed someone doing it during the morning. With the Florida sun beating down, their art doesn't last long!
Old 11-22-2009, 05:13 AM   #146
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Great updates, the knee shot is fantastic...

Don't ya hate it when that happens??

So the little fisherpeople had fun in the pool huh??

Gimme' lake Toho any day!!!

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 11-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #147
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I was wondering how Madison made out in her cute glass slippers during the party, and then I saw this pic...

Quote:

Quote:
Buzz seemed to think that Evan was his replacement. After exchanging pleasantries and posing for photos with Evan, he waved goodbye and motioned for the next person in line to come get his picture with Evan and walked away. Evan stood there for a few seconds and the dad behind us actually came up for a picture with him. Buzz came back, high 5s were given and Evan hasn't stopped talking about it yet.
What a great memory for Evan!

Quote:
I think this is so amazing!

Quote:
This is when things went horribly, horribly wrong. I know it sounds lame, but an old high school football injury came back to haunt me. I somehow took a wrong step or twisted just enough that my knee popped and sent a shooting pain up my leg.
I thought you were going to say something happened to your camera! So sorry you were in so much pain!

Quote:
The driver was nice enough to turn on the interior lights and have us all wave as we drove by.

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 11-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #148
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
Great updates, the knee shot is fantastic...

Don't ya hate it when that happens??

So the little fisherpeople had fun in the pool huh??

Gimme' lake Toho any day!!!
I did a little lookin' into Lake Tohopekaliga and decided that yes, I would call it Lake Toho too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I was wondering how Madison made out in her cute glass slippers during the party, and then I saw this pic...

I thought you were going to say something happened to your camera! So sorry you were in so much pain!

Oh yeah, we knew she wouldn't make it long in those shoes. We changed out the glass slippers for the leather & rubber ones not long after dinner!

And I would much rather have had my knee buckle than anything happen to that camera!
Old 11-22-2009, 09:25 PM   #149
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Day 11 - Oct 19 - Cape May Cafe, Shopping, and Disney's Palm Golf Course

After a late night at the Hallween Party, we were aiming for sleeping in. I had originally made ADRs for Cape May Cafe's character breakfast for 8:00am. I looked at the schedule and decided - umm... bad idea. I switched it to 10. It's a good thing too, both kids slept until past 9:00am.
After rousing everyone we headed downstairs and checked in a bit early. Within a few minutes we had our table and Minnie came around in her finest beachwear.

For some reason Evan wasn't in the mood to see Minnie. But he perked up when Goofy came over and pulled up a seat at our table.

And Donald

The kids told Donald that we were going swimming after breakfast. Donald put his finger up to his head and rotated it - the universal sign that you're crazy. Let's see - it was 11am, 65 outside, and a duck just told you it was too cold to go swimming. Sorry kids, I'm going to have to agree with Donald on this one.

The food at Cape May was good. Nothing spectacular. Just normal breakfast stuff.

Grandma & Grandpa showed up a bit later, which helped lessen the blow of not going swimming. We did a little shopping and then headed over to the Palm and Magnolia courses to see if we could get on quick. We didn't make a tee time because we had no idea how the day would unfold after the party the night before. It was about 1pm when we pulled in, and they said we could get on the Palm course at 1:27. We gave the wifes and kids a hug and kiss and headed to the course.

Now, I'm pretty much a cheep skate and typically only play municipal courses up here in the frozen tundra of Wisconsin. But we were on vacation so I sucked it up and paid for the Disney Course. Holy cow, was I glad I did. This was a beautiful course. We chatted with the starter for a few minutes. After learning that we had never been on this course, he gave us some pointers. He called the roughs "brutal", and he was right. The grass was cut just taller than a golf ball, but the way it laid, you could walk right over your ball and not see it. And if your ball made it past the rough (as most of mine are known to do) and into the trees - say goodbye to that one. The foliage is tight to the fairways and dense.
One of the balls I hit into that mess couldn't have been more and 2 or 3 feet in. My father-in-law tells me to stick my head in there and try to find it. I replied: "There are 12 things in Florida that can kill me. 9 of them live in there. I'll get another ball from my bag."
Another fancy thing you don't get on $15 municipal courses? GPS in the carts. Being a geek, I was in heaven with this thing. Each cart had a 12" screen hanging from the ceiling with a map of the current hole and exact distances from your current location. How many yards to carry the water, to the sand on the right, to the front and back of the green. I was having a ball with this thing. Did it help my game? Don't be silly - of course not.
This was my second round of golf in Florida, and was looking forward to seeing some alligators. But all I get was an armadillo walking out of the tee box. You can barely see him. I was so overcome with awe that I didn't get to the camera quick enough.

I take that back. We also came across a gaggle of wild turkeys. Again, not as cool as an alligator would have been. Sigh.

So we finished 9 holes and went to look for a sandwich. I hadn't had lunch yet and FIL didn't even eat breakfast. We drove all around and couldn't find anything. So we finished up the back 9 on empty stomachs. I know what you're thinking - this had to have helped my game. Come on, have you been reading? Of course it didn't.

Just as I did a few days ago in Lakeland, I scored an "enough" on this round. (As in I did well "enough" to want to play more golf). Madison would later ask me how many points I scored. 18, darlin', I scored 18.

So it was now nearing 4 pm and we were on a mission for fast, cheap food. Again, a buffet was probably going to be our best bet. We found a place on 192 called the Sizzlin' Grill. They advertised a $4 breakfast buffet. We thought it would translate to a fairly inexpensive lunch/dinner buffet so we went in. For the 2 of us, it came to $31. So now I thinking that it must be some pretty quality stuff. Nope, wrong again. I have very few rules in life, but one of them is "if they spell Crab Salad as Krab Salad, don't eat it." They had 8 different colors of Jello, and FIL and I decided that each color was the level of mold growing on it based on how long it had been sitting there.
I walked down the line and looked at each item of food.
"That one will give me stomach cramps."
"That one will give me diarrhea."
"That one will cause nausea and make me lose complete control of my bowels"
"That one looks good. Oh wait, that's not spaghetti. Pass."
"What are these, Gorton's fish sticks? I didn't pay $15 to eat Groton's Fish Sticks."
"Holy cow, did that one just move!?"
"What is that smell? Is that the food?!"
"I'm going back to get some of those Gorton's Fish Sticks"

So, if you're in Orlando and just can't stand one more meal at Disney - or you really want to try out the new stomach pumping machine at the ER - remember, the Sizzlin' Grill is waiting for you.

Meanwhile, Bambi, Grandma and the kids hit some outlet malls doing some shopping and looking for deals. They ate at the Olive Garden. Lucky kids.

We met up again at Downtown Disney for some more shopping. The kids did really well with their birthday money. Madison and Bambi went to the build your own My Little Pony area in the toy store. You get a small box, and whatever you can put in the box is yours for $18. A cast member told her you could fit 3 ponies, a bed and all of the accessories in the box. Yeah, and you can solve a Rubix cube blindfolded. She did good though and got 2 horses, clothes and a bed. She also got a Mulan Polly Pocket set and Cinderella's carriage.

Evan got a Mickey Mouse semi truck, a Tonka Jeep and a Toy Story Play set. I got a shirt with Prince Philip that says "Sorry Girls, I'm Taken."

So it was back to our room at the Beach Club just in time to watch Illuminations from the balcony.

Can't beat that view!

Coming up next: Universal Studios. I went in with low expectations. Could they even meet them?

Last edited by FreezinRafiki; 11-22-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:36 AM   #150
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Good breakfast, not-so-good lunch...at least you had fun golfing! Sounds like the kids did really well with their birthday money!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: