Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
MrDisneyphile
Mouseketeer

Military discount question

Hi all,
My father-in-law is a ex-UDT that was honorably discharged after his time in the Navy. He is not a retired full-timer. Does anyone know if he still qualifies for the military discount found here? http://www.shadesofgreen.org/5DAY.htm

Thanks for any info.
MrDisneyphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
TimandTanya
A Disney Family

No. I too was honorably discharged from the Army, but did not have enough years to draw a pension.

The military discount is for active duty personnel and people with a retirement ID.

DH 43 DW 38 DS 8 Xena 10 Sushi 3 14th Trip to the World! PoP here we come!
TimandTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

To qualify for any of the Armed Forces benefits a person must have an active or retired Military ID card. For the current 2009 Disney Armed Forces Salute to activate tickets the person must either have a current active or retired ID card or a Dependent ID Card (DD 1173) that indicates "Spouse" or "Unremarried Widow" in the relationship box.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
LeapYear Debbie
Mouseketeer

I have a question regarding the military tickets. My father used his free ticket in May and purchased 3 companion tickets. We are going down again at Thanksgiving. Can he purchase the remaining 2 companion tickets at $99 each. I know there is a maximum of 5 companion tickets that the military member can purchase but I wasn't sure if it had to be done in one transaciton or if you can split it up?

Thanks,

Debbie
LeapYear Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

Yes, he can purchase and activate the two remaining allowable tickets.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
LeapYear Debbie
Mouseketeer

Thank you - great news.

Debbie
LeapYear Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #7
erinlees_mommie
DIS Veteran

Location: GA..but close enough to FL to make it to Disney in 2.5 hours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeapYear Debbie View Post
Thank you - great news.

Debbie
Just don't tell that you have already purchased the others...We got DHs ticket and forgot it and had purchased mine and waiting to purchase DD's till the following payday.And we went to Disney and had to get DH a new ticket because the old one wasn't activated yet they were able to do it.DD got in free for her Bday so we didn't need her ticket and mine was left at home also.I had to purchase a 1 day ticket at full price *OUCH*!
Then we came back and planned our MNSSHP trip.I had my full ticket/Dh missing 1 day on his and were going to purchase DDs.We went to the ITT here to get hers and she asked did we need his complimentary one and one for me?We told her no that we had gotten the others back in August but haven't been used.She said..OH ... UMMM Well I will act like I didn't hear that because they are SUPPOSE to be all done at once! I said..OK then you didn't hear it.
I don't know if it is because she is just rude like that or what ... Or what the rules are for them but she seemed to think you can't purchase them at separate times.

Good luck and enjoy your trip

erinlees_mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:07 PM   #8
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinlees_mommie View Post
I don't know if it is because she is just rude like that or what ... Or what the rules are for them but she seemed to think you can't purchase them at separate times.
I think that when the promotion first came it was stated that the companion tickets had to be purchased at the same time that the complimentary ticket was picked up and the service member could only get the companion tickets (regardless of the number but only up to five) one time.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
LilGMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: