Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #1
kaleighmariesmom
DIS Veteran

When do the costumes at the Disney Store go on sale?

I remember getting some good deals last year after Halloween but I cant think of when I did...

kaleighmariesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
mommy2twingles
Mouseketeer

They were on sale today. I picked up Sleeping Beauty for my daughter's costume next year for $14.99 and the crown for 3.99

mommy2twingles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #3
kaleighmariesmom
DIS Veteran

we dotn have a Disney Store near us it is over 2 hrs away! I was hoping to get them online

kaleighmariesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleighmariesmom View Post
we dotn have a Disney Store near us it is over 2 hrs away! I was hoping to get them online
I tried looking online yesterday and got this msg:
"We're sorry, our Halloween Boootique has faded away for the year. The Halloween Boootique is available each August to October, but we still have a great year-’round selection of costumes and role play featuring your favorite Disney characters - - plus a wide selection of spooky create-your-own items, toys, collectibles, movies, music and more. Sign up for our DisneyStore.com email list to see what’s new and find out about very special offers! Learn more"

They have a few things on sale- but that is about it.
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #5
mommyof3princess27
What we've got here is failure to communicate

got tons of stuff 75% off at mine! I got Belle, mullan, sleeping beauty, jasmine and all the shoes to match!

Erin , DH and DD13 (KC) DD9(Court) and DD5(Moo) plus 2 and 1 chiweenie
Oct 2010 Poly CL 40% code, Dec 2011 POR w/ FDing, Nov 2012 POR RGR w/DxDP, 2014 POR RGR w/Free Dlx Dining
mommyof3princess27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #6
mom of 3G's
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof3princess27 View Post
got tons of stuff 75% off at mine! I got Belle, mullan, sleeping beauty, jasmine and all the shoes to match!
I am SOooo jealous!!! I think there might be a Disney Store 8 HOURS from here...

mom of 3G's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
PolyndianPrincessJes
Alias: TotalSnowWhite
I'm a Snapfish/Shutterfly/Winkflash addict
Yes, you totally can do that, and I do!!!

All the princess costumes were $14.99 at our Disney Store a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if they went down more today, but I doubt it.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:19 AM   #8
dancin'girl
DIS Veteran

We went to our Disney Store Halloween Party on October 21st and they already had all the costumes in the back on clearance - very small selection left. I couldn't find anything in DD's size (small). At this point, I wouldn't expect any costumes to be left at my store, but I did find them on-line in the Disney Outlet today. The lowest price on princess dresses was $24.99. Very small selection of accessories available. I was looking for Belle, and while they had the dress ,they didn't have the shoes or crown.
dancin'girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:17 PM   #9
tbandemommy
Earning My Ears

I went to the local Disney store yesterday morning as soon as it opened. I found EIGHT costumes in the far back corner, all of which looked as though they had seen better days. I was so disappointed! Three separate CM's told me that the day before there was a run on costumes selling at full price and this small selection was all that was left. The CM's all said that they no longer receive large amounts of costumes as the company was taking a loss on clearance sale of costumes. One CM told me that Disney doesn't really have "Halloween costumes" rather Disney recognizes this time of year as "fall dress up" and I really shouldn't expect to find costumes on sale. I was somewhat confused by this spin on why there was such a small amount of costumes available.

I guess that Disney would rather charge full price and make the costumes unaffordable to some customers rather than put them on sale where more people could buy them within a reasonable price range. I don't mean to sound so Eeyore-like, but I was hoping to find a nice costume (princess or other) for DD without having to spend a fortune. Oh, well.....

KOTS

me DH
DS16 DS14 DD9 Heidi Sophie Molly 1993-2009

tbandemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #10
bettyann29
Heres my contribution for today...
It looks like everyone is trying to divert their eyes elsewhere
I cant eat the ones that are not folded or creased.. Does that make me crazy??

Location: Dallas/ Ft Worth Texas-- Dreaming of one day being closer to the House of the Mouse..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbandemommy View Post
I went to the local Disney store yesterday morning as soon as it opened. I found EIGHT costumes in the far back corner, all of which looked as though they had seen better days. I was so disappointed! Three separate CM's told me that the day before there was a run on costumes selling at full price and this small selection was all that was left. The CM's all said that they no longer receive large amounts of costumes as the company was taking a loss on clearance sale of costumes. One CM told me that Disney doesn't really have "Halloween costumes" rather Disney recognizes this time of year as "fall dress up" and I really shouldn't expect to find costumes on sale. I was somewhat confused by this spin on why there was such a small amount of costumes available.

I guess that Disney would rather charge full price and make the costumes unaffordable to some customers rather than put them on sale where more people could buy them within a reasonable price range. I don't mean to sound so Eeyore-like, but I was hoping to find a nice costume (princess or other) for DD without having to spend a fortune. Oh, well.....

Please dont take this the wrong way, but I read this post and thought

No company that Im aware of is going to buy merchandise specifically so they can mark it down so people can afford it.. they are in business to make money.. Honestly the costumes arent something I would necessarily expect to be marked down at the Disney store as this is more something they would sell yearround.. now Walmart or Target might be a different story.. but even they have princess costumes that they put in the toy section and not in the halloween section and those are not marked down..

I think the quality of the costumes they sell at the DS are a much higher quality than what you would find at Walmart or such and would expect to pay more.. now I think the prices at WDW are crazy high but the DS arent really that unreasonable for the quality of the product you are recving..

again Im not flaming you.. it just didnt make much sense to me..
bettyann29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #11
VanessasMom
Disney Bound!

Went to our local Disney Outlet this morning and picked up the most beautiful Rosetta fairy costume for my dh. The dress was marked down to $14.99, huge wings were $6.99 and shoes were $4.99. Woot Woot!!! She is in love with it. Gorgeous!!!

OKW DVC Owner since 2010
VanessasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: