Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2010, 10:25 PM   #76
itJeff
I'm just not so sure how well this plan was thought through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Ok, I'm just stumbling in here for the first time. Not sure how I missed it earlier. In any case, you're ALMOST THERE! And I'm still jealous.

Sorry things are so cluttered around here.... I thought about cleaning up, but then realized that I'll be ditching this thread in about a week.
Dis Dad's Club Member #367

We're driving 17 hours??? AGAIN??? Yes Dear, I'm THAT kinda guy. My Pre-Trip Report (Updated 5/18)

2001 FW Cabins - 2007 CBR - 2010 POR
itJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:31 PM   #77
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by itJeff View Post

Sorry things are so cluttered around here.... I thought about cleaning up, but then realized that I'll be ditching this thread in about a week.
Yup, and starting a TR shortly after!

Sorry to hear about DW and the job. That's got to be rough.
Register to remove

Old 05-14-2010, 08:16 AM   #78
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

I'm also sorry to hear about DW's struggles on the job. Not cool. I hope you guys are able to enjoy yourselves anyway--sounds like you need the break!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #79
steelernut
Mouseketeer

ItJeff - I hate to hear about your DW's job. People just don't care about each other anymore and have no integrity.

Any plans on a hotel near Orlando the night before?? Have you set an arrival time on the 23rd?? We are doing MK Sunday afternoon & evening. Eating at Chef Mickeys that night.
Carnival Pride 09/14/02 Western, Carnival Fantasy 05/08/03, Mariner of the Seas 11/16/03 Inaugural, Mariner of the Seas 10/10/04 Western, Carnival Glory 10/14/06 Eastern, Disney Wonder 10/12/08 Four Night, Freedom of the Seas 10/11/09 Western
Carnival Dream 2/26/11 Eastern, Disney Dream 5/11/13 Four Night, Port Orleans Riverside 5/23-28/2010, French Quarter 12/17-23/2011
steelernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #80
itJeff

Thanks! We're determined to enjoy our trip even more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernut View Post
Any plans on a hotel near Orlando the night before?? Have you set an arrival time on the 23rd?? We are doing MK Sunday afternoon & evening. Eating at Chef Mickeys that night.
The hotel for Saturday is booked. We are staying at the Orlando Vista Hotel. It is "within walking distance of Downtown Disney". I'm not so sure who's doing the walking, but we'll probably drive over. Map

It is supposed to be fairly nice, and I got a good AAA discount. It was recommended by Len Testa when I called into "that other podcast". So, we'll see how we like it. Hey, there's a big pineapple out front... it can't be all that bad, right?

We will probably check into POR really early Sunday morning and try to make it to Epcot by the time the park opens. I am traveling with 4 females, so we'll see how that pans out.

steelernut - sounds like you're hitting the ground running! We do Chef Mickey's on the 28th. Can you tell him to have lots of desserts ready for us that night? Thanks!

We're driving 17 hours??? AGAIN??? Yes Dear, I'm THAT kinda guy. My Pre-Trip Report (Updated 5/18)

Old 05-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #81
jundland
Mouseketeer

Hey Jeff,
we will be leaving the great state of Arkansas shortly after you guys, I can't wait to hear how you and the girls make a trip of it. Have a safe trip and a great time.

DIS DAD'S CLUB MEMBER #389
[COLOR="DarkRed"]1986 off site--2003 ASMovies--2004 POP--2005 ASMovies--2006 CBR--2007 CBR--2008 PORiverside--2009 Poly--2010 BLT--Boardwalk/Beach Club 2011--Disney Dream/Animal Kingdom 2012--Old Key West 2013][COLOR]
jundland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #82
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
The hotel for Saturday is booked. We are staying at the Orlando Vista Hotel. It is "within walking distance of Downtown Disney". I'm not so sure who's doing the walking, but we'll probably drive over. Map
Oh come it, it's only a mile.
But since parking at DTD is free, I guess you might as well drive there.
Quote:
We will probably check into POR really early Sunday morning and try to make it to Epcot by the time the park opens. I am traveling with 4 females, so we'll see how that pans out.
Godspeed young man, and good luck.
Old 05-21-2010, 01:25 AM   #83
itJeff

The van is packed! Many electrical devices are charging. Everyone is in bed except me.

Tomorrow morning the girls will finish the "puzzle" with the final piece. And then we will finally know who is in this picture! It's killing me trying to figure out who that is!

DW has a few last things to pick up tomorrow. Some lunch and dinner stuff to fix for the drive, and we need to put the refrigerated items in the cooler.

I will leave work around 3:00 physically. Mentally, I will probably never get there. I'll do a quick "Clark Kent" routine into some travel clothes, then we'll pick up DD11 from school and hit the road! For about 30 minutes, then I'm sure we'll need to stop for a potty break.

I'll be updating facebook during the trip, if you're friends with me there. You can also follow me on twitter @itfryguy. Or just wait for the TR!

Thanks for sticking with my ramblings re-planning and revisions.

itJeff, you've just finished your first PTR! What are you going to do now?

I'm going to Disney World! (I've always wanted to say that)

Old 05-21-2010, 10:22 AM   #84
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

About time! Have a great trip! Look forward to seeing how it goes
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Emma's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:47 AM   #85
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?

Quote:
The van is packed! Many electrical devices are charging. Everyone is in bed except me.

Tomorrow morning the girls will finish the "puzzle" with the final piece. And then we will finally know who is in this picture! It's killing me trying to figure out who that is!

DW has a few last things to pick up tomorrow. Some lunch and dinner stuff to fix for the drive, and we need to put the refrigerated items in the cooler.

I will leave work around 3:00 physically. Mentally, I will probably never get there. I'll do a quick "Clark Kent" routine into some travel clothes, then we'll pick up DD11 from school and hit the road! For about 30 minutes, then I'm sure we'll need to stop for a potty break.

I'll be updating facebook during the trip, if you're friends with me there. You can also follow me on twitter @itfryguy. Or just wait for the TR!

Thanks for sticking with my ramblings re-planning and revisions.

itJeff, you've just finished your first PTR! What are you going to do now?

I'm going to Disney World! (I've always wanted to say that)
OOOOH. Hurry up and tear that last piece off! I need to know who it is! The suspense is killing me!!

Have a great trip!
Old 05-22-2010, 01:47 PM   #86
jundland
Mouseketeer

it sucks about your wifes job, hope she is able to collect the remainder of what she is owed without any further difficulty.

About the behind the magic tour...something to next time, rught? The itenerary you have sounds great, you may put on a few pounds having all those sit down meals though.

DIS DAD'S CLUB MEMBER #389
[COLOR="DarkRed"]1986 off site--2003 ASMovies--2004 POP--2005 ASMovies--2006 CBR--2007 CBR--2008 PORiverside--2009 Poly--2010 BLT--Boardwalk/Beach Club 2011--Disney Dream/Animal Kingdom 2012--Old Key West 2013][COLOR]
jundland is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: