Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #1126
loveDmouse
Mickey was first
They need to change the limit on pumps
 
loveDmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,655

We have a courtyard view booked and I requested Inner Courtyard View off lobby because of this thread. When I double check what they have listed they have Inner Courtyard View near lobby.

Is that ok or should I make sure they specifically put off lobby? Didn't know what difference it made if any.


THANKS!!!!!

Can't wait for our first stay at the Wilderness Lodge.
__________________

Always in our Hearts!
loveDmouse is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #1127
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran
 
BlueFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,893

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveDmouse View Post
We have a courtyard view booked and I requested Inner Courtyard View off lobby because of this thread. When I double check what they have listed they have Inner Courtyard View near lobby.

Is that ok or should I make sure they specifically put off lobby? Didn't know what difference it made if any.


THANKS!!!!!

Can't wait for our first stay at the Wilderness Lodge.
Hmmm. Well, I would just say "lobby room" if you want your door to open right onto the lobby atrium. However, This will make it less likely that you get your request. There are only a few lobby rooms with a courtyard view. "Inner Courtyard" either "near" or "off" the lobby could be a much wider range of rooms, but would still be very nice IMO, just without opening directly into the lobby area. Keep in mind that the lobby rooms will be noisier. In either case your balcony view would be of the courtyard, walkways, brook, and possibly waterfall.
__________________
1979 - CR ~ Soaked Spring Break 1983, 4th of July 1990, Labor Day 1997 ~ 5/99 - BWV with a toddler ~ 9/99 - Hilton Grand Vacation Club Sea World - last trip with parents
10/2000 - Honeymoon at Silver Lake Resort & Vero Beach ~ 4/01 - POFQ and KSC ~ 8/18-8/24/02 - POFQ Couples trip ~
9/18-9/25/04 - AKL CL and Sheraton Vistana Villages (pg with DD1) ~ 2/24-3/3/06 - Dolphin - Baby's 1st ~ 12/2-12/7/07 - WL (pg with DD2)
5/2-5/7/10 - WL ~ 5/25-6/4/13 - San Diego/Disneyland ~ 8/3-8/6/14 - WL Mommy/Daughter Trip


BlueFairy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-10-2010, 08:57 PM   #1128
loveDmouse
Mickey was first
They need to change the limit on pumps
 
loveDmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
Hmmm. Well, I would just say "lobby room" if you want your door to open right onto the lobby atrium. However, This will make it less likely that you get your request. There are only a few lobby rooms with a courtyard view. "Inner Courtyard" either "near" or "off" the lobby could be a much wider range of rooms, but would still be very nice IMO, just without opening directly into the lobby area. Keep in mind that the lobby rooms will be noisier. In either case your balcony view would be of the courtyard, walkways, brook, and possibly waterfall.
Thanks for your opinion. You have a good point about the noise. I think I will just ask for inner courtyard view high floor. The first page of this thread when it talked about the room locations the off lobby were in the "bear face" and I thought that would be a great spot but probably not very easy to get. Thanks again!
__________________

Always in our Hearts!
loveDmouse is offline  
Old 05-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #1129
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran
 
BlueFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,893

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveDmouse View Post
Thanks for your opinion. You have a good point about the noise. I think I will just ask for inner courtyard view high floor. The first page of this thread when it talked about the room locations the off lobby were in the "bear face" and I thought that would be a great spot but probably not very easy to get. Thanks again!
I think they would be great, too. We asked for the standard view lobby rooms last week. Those are similarly few in number. We ended up with a great room, but it was in the north wing, not in or near the lobby. I would ask for "near lobby" or upper courtyard to be able to walk through the lobby on the way to elevators, and also be closer to those elevators. Not such a long walk and less noise from the pool area than the lower courtyard.
__________________
1979 - CR ~ Soaked Spring Break 1983, 4th of July 1990, Labor Day 1997 ~ 5/99 - BWV with a toddler ~ 9/99 - Hilton Grand Vacation Club Sea World - last trip with parents
10/2000 - Honeymoon at Silver Lake Resort & Vero Beach ~ 4/01 - POFQ and KSC ~ 8/18-8/24/02 - POFQ Couples trip ~
9/18-9/25/04 - AKL CL and Sheraton Vistana Villages (pg with DD1) ~ 2/24-3/3/06 - Dolphin - Baby's 1st ~ 12/2-12/7/07 - WL (pg with DD2)
5/2-5/7/10 - WL ~ 5/25-6/4/13 - San Diego/Disneyland ~ 8/3-8/6/14 - WL Mommy/Daughter Trip


BlueFairy is offline  
Old 05-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #1130
loveDmouse
Mickey was first
They need to change the limit on pumps
 
loveDmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,655

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFairy View Post
I think they would be great, too. We asked for the standard view lobby rooms last week. Those are similarly few in number. We ended up with a great room, but it was in the north wing, not in or near the lobby. I would ask for "near lobby" or upper courtyard to be able to walk through the lobby on the way to elevators, and also be closer to those elevators. Not such a long walk and less noise from the pool area than the lower courtyard.
I am not sure what to ask for. I am making myself nuts!
I read over the thread again regarding the room location and have decided to try inner courtyard northwing high floor. I really want a view of the lake and not to be on the ground level.

Is it really noisey off the lobby?

Why can't I just make up my mind and stop second guessing! UGH!!!!
__________________

Always in our Hearts!
loveDmouse is offline  
Old 05-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #1131
BippityBoo
DIS Veteran
 
BippityBoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,840

I too have a quesiton about lobby rooms! We booked with a Woods View this December, but we want to be off of the lobby this time. Is that possible? I heard only Standard rooms can be off of the lobby. We got put over the restaurant loading area last time. We had a great view of Wishes from a Standard room, so that was very lucky BUT the noise was horrible.

We were drawn to the lobby rooms last time, so we would like to try it out this go round. The noise in our last room STARTED at 1am. I am assuming that the noise in the lobby dies down much earlier than that
BippityBoo is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 08:08 AM   #1132
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran
 
BlueFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,893

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveDmouse View Post
I am not sure what to ask for. I am making myself nuts!
I read over the thread again regarding the room location and have decided to try inner courtyard northwing high floor. I really want a view of the lake and not to be on the ground level.

Is it really noisey off the lobby?

Why can't I just make up my mind and stop second guessing! UGH!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BippityBoo View Post
I too have a quesiton about lobby rooms! We booked with a Woods View this December, but we want to be off of the lobby this time. Is that possible? I heard only Standard rooms can be off of the lobby. We got put over the restaurant loading area last time. We had a great view of Wishes from a Standard room, so that was very lucky BUT the noise was horrible.

We were drawn to the lobby rooms last time, so we would like to try it out this go round. The noise in our last room STARTED at 1am. I am assuming that the noise in the lobby dies down much earlier than that
In either scenario I think the noise is what you make of it. We didn't have a lobby room, but early evening was the only time I really noticed the lobby being really loud. It's mostly the noise from the WCC. We did have a room over the service court, and while I did hear trucks and beeping, we were prepared for the possibility and took a white noise machine. When that was on at night we did not hear the activity below. 2 years ago we had a connecting room in the south courtyard wing. The noise of the children next door and the kids running in the hall was far worse than I imagine the lobby noise to be or what we experienced over the service court.
In short, take some white noise and you won't have to worry. Ask for the view that you want. I think in the future, at least at WL, I will probably not make a room request and avoid any disappointment.
To speak to the woods view, the map on page 1 shows many over the lobby. The reality of standard view is that many have something nice (like the lobby or Wishes), but you are getting the "cheap" room because it has some negatives. Almost all are over the service area as best I can tell.
__________________
1979 - CR ~ Soaked Spring Break 1983, 4th of July 1990, Labor Day 1997 ~ 5/99 - BWV with a toddler ~ 9/99 - Hilton Grand Vacation Club Sea World - last trip with parents
10/2000 - Honeymoon at Silver Lake Resort & Vero Beach ~ 4/01 - POFQ and KSC ~ 8/18-8/24/02 - POFQ Couples trip ~
9/18-9/25/04 - AKL CL and Sheraton Vistana Villages (pg with DD1) ~ 2/24-3/3/06 - Dolphin - Baby's 1st ~ 12/2-12/7/07 - WL (pg with DD2)
5/2-5/7/10 - WL ~ 5/25-6/4/13 - San Diego/Disneyland ~ 8/3-8/6/14 - WL Mommy/Daughter Trip


BlueFairy is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 08:30 AM   #1133
loveDmouse
Mickey was first
They need to change the limit on pumps
 
loveDmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,655

Thanks BlueFairy! Maybe I should just request inner courtyard and high floor and not worry so much over the location and let it ride????

I really am tired of making myself nuts. I just can't help myself.

One thing I know for sure, I can't wait until November and our stay at Wilderness Lodge!
__________________

Always in our Hearts!
loveDmouse is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 11:14 AM   #1134
Little Lulu
OK, I admit it~DVC is starting to look very attractive to me~!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere between the Lemonade Stand and the Lounge.
Posts: 550

Thumbs up

Hey! I'm back, too! And what a fabulous time we had at WL CL!!!!

First of all, we were NOT greeted at the front, but directed to go inside right to the bellstand desk, where the CL shares with the bell services. Okkkkk....

But, the cheery CL CM greeted us and said that they have been waiting for us since I had put a request for a "king bed with full bath"! Wait, didn't remember that one, but let's see where this one leads us. LOL
We go upstairs to the 7th floor, so nice, and they say that since the few king rooms on the 7th floor have HC roll-in showers, they are going to put us in the perfect king room. Mel, I just love her, said, she thought long and hard about this because they usually do not do this, but they asked if we wanted to see the room. Sure. They took us down to the 5th floor, we got out of the elevators went two rooms down the hall, and voila! Room #5075!!!!!!!!!!
The coveted KING BEAR FACE ROOM facing it ALL!!!!!!!!
It was closer to the lounge than the 7th floor rooms!!!!

I will post pics here and on the WL pic thread ASAP. Need to do alot of stuff first, anyways we got turn down, they came in and remade the bad with appropriate linens and triple sheeted them, and gave us our robes.
Didn't take them long to recreate our own shangrila! The room was immaculate except for the smeared sliding glass door, which they cleaned on the spot. I requested a new comforter, new blanket, extra pillows, all of them were brought within 15 minutes of out request.

Our housekeeping was stellar for most of the trip, turn-down was late a couple of times, but that wasn't a big deal to us. She asked if was wanted the chocolates, and DH waved her on, saying no thank you, but thank you.

The club level, I do not know why the WL CL gets a bad rap. This CL gets a big from me. The service and hospitality from their CMs were excellent. Anything we wanted we got. No kidding.
The breakfast offerings were like the all the other WDW CLs and mid-day offerings, too. Only exception is the afternoon tea at the GF CLs.
But, this CL follows the theming of the hotel, it is a rustic lodge in the mountains and the evening offering were OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD.

It seems that within this last year, the ARTIST POINT has aquired one of California Grill's top chef's, Chef Mat, and we ended up eating THREE times during our stay! Forget Narcoossee's! The Point is where it's at!
FINE DINING at it's BEST!!
And the evening offerings at the WL CL were made at the Artist Point, need I say more?

The pool was so nice after a brutal day at Epcot. I'm sure Blue Fairy and JordanBailey can concure the heat wave we had last week. Not normal for the first week of May. Even the locals weren't ready for it.
We enjoyed watching all the kiddos being entertained by the MANY pool gamed they offered by the pool. Wow!
Just seeing the magic and the happiness in their eyes made our trip magical!

Room service was excellent, also. I wanted an eggs benedict, the traditional one. Not the one with brisket on the bottom, as on the WCC menu, which by the way, you can order ANYTHING from theirs and the APs menus as well as the Private Dining Menu. The CM said no problem. And within 25 minutes, DH and I got a wonderful breakfast and I got a fabulous plate of PERFECT egg benedict! Morning Chef Patrick knows his stuff!

Also, the bounce back was not in the rooms, make SURE you dial #8844 from your phone in your room before you leave to snag a DISCOUNT up to 45% off your next stay!
We got 40% off our GF RPC room for Oct and we are excited! So worth it since I haven't got a coveted pin code and I want a specific room level.

That's all I can think of at this moment! So glad to back, but I'm sure the back-from-disney-blues will set in a week!


Just an extra note: we loved it so much, we canceled the Swan and stayed at the WL CL the rest of the stay!

Last edited by Little Lulu; 05-12-2010 at 11:20 AM.
Little Lulu is offline  
Old 05-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #1135
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran
 
BlueFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,893

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lulu View Post
The coveted KING BEAR FACE ROOM facing it ALL!!!!!!!!

Oooh, sounds like you were the lucky recipient of that magic we're all looking for. Your room was on my detour to the lobby so I could soak in the ambiance. I probably passed you at least once during the trip. Post a family photo with those pics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lulu View Post
It seems that within this last year, the ARTIST POINT has aquired one of California Grill's top chef's, Chef Mat, and we ended up eating THREE times during our stay! Forget Narcoossee's! The Point is where it's at!
FINE DINING at it's BEST!!

Sounds like we should have tried AP while we were there. We've had bad meals in the past and gave up. Glad it is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lulu View Post
The pool was so nice after a brutal day at Epcot. I'm sure Blue Fairy and JordanBailey can concure the heat wave we had last week. Not normal for the first week of May. Even the locals weren't ready for it.
We enjoyed watching all the kiddos being entertained by the MANY pool gamed they offered by the pool. Wow!
Just seeing the magic and the happiness in their eyes made our trip magical!
Oh my yes! It was brutal, especially Epcot on Tuesday. But the whole week really. We ended up spending every afternoon at the pool rather than evenings in the parks. Did you see the beach ball going around the pool one day? I swear my DD hasn't giggled that much in a LONG time. So much fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lulu View Post
Room service was excellent, also. I wanted an eggs benedict, the traditional one. Not the one with brisket on the bottom, as on the WCC menu, which by the way, you can order ANYTHING from theirs and the APs menus as well as the Private Dining Menu.

I noticed that menu. I think the entire menu being available must be new. Also, there is a menu of snacks and beverages that they will bring to stock your fridge as well. Expensive, but a nice option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lulu View Post
Also, the bounce back was not in the rooms, make SURE you dial #8844 from your phone in your room before you leave to snag a DISCOUNT up to 45% off your next stay!
Yes, it wasn't in our room either. But it is in your e-mail. 40% for deluxe. As well as photopass discounts. So everyone should check your email before you check out.
__________________
1979 - CR ~ Soaked Spring Break 1983, 4th of July 1990, Labor Day 1997 ~ 5/99 - BWV with a toddler ~ 9/99 - Hilton Grand Vacation Club Sea World - last trip with parents
10/2000 - Honeymoon at Silver Lake Resort & Vero Beach ~ 4/01 - POFQ and KSC ~ 8/18-8/24/02 - POFQ Couples trip ~
9/18-9/25/04 - AKL CL and Sheraton Vistana Villages (pg with DD1) ~ 2/24-3/3/06 - Dolphin - Baby's 1st ~ 12/2-12/7/07 - WL (pg with DD2)
5/2-5/7/10 - WL ~ 5/25-6/4/13 - San Diego/Disneyland ~ 8/3-8/6/14 - WL Mommy/Daughter Trip


BlueFairy is offline  
Old 05-13-2010, 10:30 AM   #1136
JordanBailey22
Earning My Ears
 
JordanBailey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 23

LittleLuLu,

Sounds like you had an AMAZING time with an AMAZING room! We aren't able to get our email from anywhere but our home computer so we missed out on the bounce back. My dh did go to the front desk and asked a girl about it because we are used to getting the paper in our room. She said she had never heard of that before We won't be going back until Oct/Nov of 2011 so I don't know if it would have stretched that far out anyway.

And, yes, it was SOOO hot!! Two of the days we were at the water parks and we were glad of it! The other days we just pushed through and drank alot. We only went to the WL pool in the late evening, but it was still hot then too! We loved WL, not sure if that is where we will stay next time. We have a list of hotels we would like to try out eventually!
__________________
Me DH DS (9) DS (6)
JordanBailey22 is offline  
Old 05-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #1137
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!
 
MinnieLovesMickey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: West Coast
Posts: 1,244

Hi everyone! I just booked my first stay at WL this morning. I used my 40% off pin that I received months ago (and almost forgot about). I booked woods view with bunk beds. They didn't have much left with the pin, but who cares, we get to stay at WL!

Okay, now that I have that out of my system. Does anyone know the locations of these rooms or have any photos they would like to share? This would really make my day.

I can't wait to tell DH what I've done!


Last edited by MinnieLovesMickey; 05-13-2010 at 11:00 AM.
MinnieLovesMickey is online now  
Old 05-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #1138
BlueFairy
DIS Veteran
 
BlueFairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,893

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanBailey22 View Post
LittleLuLu,

Sounds like you had an AMAZING time with an AMAZING room! We aren't able to get our email from anywhere but our home computer so we missed out on the bounce back. My dh did go to the front desk and asked a girl about it because we are used to getting the paper in our room. She said she had never heard of that before We won't be going back until Oct/Nov of 2011 so I don't know if it would have stretched that far out anyway.
The offer via email was for dates through the end of 2010.
__________________
1979 - CR ~ Soaked Spring Break 1983, 4th of July 1990, Labor Day 1997 ~ 5/99 - BWV with a toddler ~ 9/99 - Hilton Grand Vacation Club Sea World - last trip with parents
10/2000 - Honeymoon at Silver Lake Resort & Vero Beach ~ 4/01 - POFQ and KSC ~ 8/18-8/24/02 - POFQ Couples trip ~
9/18-9/25/04 - AKL CL and Sheraton Vistana Villages (pg with DD1) ~ 2/24-3/3/06 - Dolphin - Baby's 1st ~ 12/2-12/7/07 - WL (pg with DD2)
5/2-5/7/10 - WL ~ 5/25-6/4/13 - San Diego/Disneyland ~ 8/3-8/6/14 - WL Mommy/Daughter Trip


BlueFairy is offline  
Old 05-13-2010, 04:12 PM   #1139
Little Lulu
OK, I admit it~DVC is starting to look very attractive to me~!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somewhere between the Lemonade Stand and the Lounge.
Posts: 550

Yes, we did get sprinkled with lots of Disney magic on this last trip, Blue Fairy!

Here's some pics of our view! Room #5075 King Bear Face Room!
Out onto the lake and the pool......


Looking down from our room...


From the balcony into our room....


Also, wanted to add the boats were great, never had to wait and we enjoyed them and used them alot!
Now, the buses. Eh. We waited 45 min one morning for an Epcot bus! From then on, it was cabs for us, no big deal as we are taxi people. Just wanted to see what the bus thing was all about.

DH already misses the WL. Wants to go back.....soon.
We've stayed at them all, and this is HIS favorite resort of them all.

Last edited by Little Lulu; 05-13-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Little Lulu is offline  
Old 05-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #1140
JordanBailey22
Earning My Ears
 
JordanBailey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 23

Quote:
Also, wanted to add the boats were great, never had to wait and we enjoyed them and used them alot!
Now, the buses. Eh. We waited 45 min one morning for an Epcot bus! From then on, it was cabs for us, no big deal as we are taxi people. Just wanted to see what the bus thing was all about.

I hear you on the bus issue! We also waited one morning on the Epcot bus for 45 min. It was Wed morning, May 5. If we stay here again we will have to do the cabs too because that was crazy!
__________________
Me DH DS (9) DS (6)
JordanBailey22 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread tete01830 Disney Resorts 3408 04-13-2010 07:17 AM
The All New Grand Floridian FAQ - MAY 2009 CanadianGuy Disney Resorts 3547 03-24-2010 06:32 AM
Great Wolf Lodge Williamsburg Alva218 Budget Board 25 11-15-2009 01:27 PM
Sequoia Lodge Montana room???? samantha24 Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board 3 10-30-2009 06:18 AM
New Wilderness Lodge Thread? hmbbears Disney Resorts 7 10-28-2009 09:24 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: