Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:27 PM   #76
LaWa
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVEPFOX View Post
We were club level in August. We had room 7042 with bunk beds. Our 7 DD loved the beds. We had a perfect view of the fireworks at night. By day we could see the monorail and the smokehouse. Never bothered us, very private room near the rear elevator that no one uses. Going back in 2010!
Big big thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear that some bunk bed rooms have really good views. I think my kids are even more excited about WL than MK. Of course, they will use the pool in December - no matter how cold it is. We're Chicagoans. Born stupid!

Did you enjoy CL at WL? I've used the IPO for our ADRs, and I found that worth the extra we've paid. With the kids, I like having the lounge for snacks and another place to hang out. I can't nap with the kids in the afternoon. My husband has no problem napping. So I usually hang out and read my book.

We are all so excited about our trip to WL. And I really appreciate everyone sharing on DisBoards.

LaWa
Team Ryner
Old 11-04-2009, 07:37 PM   #77
hockeybabe
DIS Veteran

Subbing, we'll be "home" Feb. 2 - Feb. 7...can't wait!

WL Feb 2010
California trip including 2 days at DL/DCA June 2012
WL - Dec 2012
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2009, 05:44 AM   #78
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Grannyminnie

The following post was over on the DVC Forum, it was posted on October 31, 2009 Ranger Stan has retired, he will be missed but never forgotten.

Beckie

[/SIZE][/FONT][/color]
Thanks so much, Becky, for finding this quote! I wish I had been there to wish him well and thank him for being part of the WL!
And I agree...he did have the spirit that Walt would have wanted CMs to have.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:20 AM   #79
TVEPFOX
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaWa View Post
Big big thanks for the response. I'm glad to hear that some bunk bed rooms have really good views. I think my kids are even more excited about WL than MK. Of course, they will use the pool in December - no matter how cold it is. We're Chicagoans. Born stupid!

Did you enjoy CL at WL? I've used the IPO for our ADRs, and I found that worth the extra we've paid. With the kids, I like having the lounge for snacks and another place to hang out. I can't nap with the kids in the afternoon. My husband has no problem napping. So I usually hang out and read my book.

We are all so excited about our trip to WL. And I really appreciate everyone sharing on DisBoards.

LaWa

Team Ryner
This was our first stay at WL and being CL. We enjoyed every minute of it. Once you go CL you can never go back!

The CL floor is awesome, covering the entire 7th floor, very private and relaxing. You need a special door card to access the elevator. Boy, do people stare at you and ask questions when you pull it out. DD was asked what is it like up there... she replied Magical.

The food offerings are great for breakfast. We ate there every morning. In the afternoons I would take the paper coffee cups and fill them with snacks. We would take them to our room or the pool. The evening foods were very nice and plentiful. Cheese, crackers, PB&J, soups, stews, chix, veggies, dip, etc. My fav was dessert time! I became a big fan of Kaluha! Beer is avail in the afternoons, just ask a CM for it.

We requested a bunkbed room and got it. We requested MK view and got it. All of our ADR's were made, DH played golf, everything we asked for we got, we would call WL from anywhere in the parks and talk to a CM if we had a problem. Ask for a card with the desk phone number. Balloons were left one night for DD with a pic of Mickey and a photopass card, turndown service each evening and a candy canoe upon arrival.

One disappointment, Roaring Fork. Man, is that place small!

Long story about CMs and WDW going the extra mile... DD's favorite stuffed animal a bear vanished from the room. We believe it was wrapped up in the sheets by Mousekeeping and sent to the laundry. It was never seen again. She was a wreck!!! I had the entire hotel looking for it, but no luck. I had a "spare" back home in NY. I called my mom to FEDEX it to me since we were getting on the Disney Magic in 3 days and DD didn't want to leave without it. When the replacement arrived, the CM found me at the pool. We sprinked a trail of pixie dust in our room leading to her top bunk (scene of the crime) and left a note from Tinkerbell. Tink said she flew all the way back to NY to get the bear and bring it to Mikayla so she would have it on the ship. OMG!!! DD flipped!!!! She was thrilled. I was upset we lost the animal, but very pleased the way WL CMs handled it. Disney also covered all the shipping costs plus some. Very nice.

We're booked for WL CL in August 2010. Any questions, just ask.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #80
sweetpea29488
Mouseketeer

I've really enjoyed this thread. We are staying at the WL for the first time in January to celebrate my 40th birthday. I'm so excited to see this place.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:26 AM   #81
dizneykid
The Tag Fairy offers you pixie dust every day!!
Has a love bug named Dixie!
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
Thanks so much, Becky, for finding this quote! I wish I had been there to wish him well and thank him for being part of the WL!
And I agree...he did have the spirit that Walt would have wanted CMs to have.
Stan was a great CM. The best.

The Lodge had a huge retirement party for him. He deserves it.

So this is love!
Jeanne Marcel Dixie Remy Jack
Old 11-05-2009, 09:50 AM   #82
dizneykid
WL VET

Club Level Food Offerings are Changing!

Just a heads up everyone who are heading to the Lodge's Club Level.

They are changing up their food offerings. Apparently, Disney is trying to streamline the Club Level offerings. Gone will be the huge pots of soup and evening entrees they used to have.

They are now going to serve single portion appetizers. While we were there they were having a trial run. They are supposed to be in full swing by year end.

They served mini salmon cakes, chicken and beef skewers, duck potstickers, and buffalo spring rolls. Also, on Saturday night they serves a small bowl of pulled pork with small rolls.

These were all very tasty. And they NEVER ran out of the offerings. Very plentiful.

We also heard that they will serve soup, but that it will be in individual cups not the huge self serve pot. We did not have any on our trip and we were there for a week.

They still had the cheese selection and the PBJ's and dip and bread. Not sure if this will change.

The desserts are also changing (or have already changed) but while we were there, the CM's were not sure what they would be serving just yet. They had tried a bunch but need to get set up before they can serve them. Not sure if the cobbler will go away yet. These will also be served in individual portions.

I will try and get more information on this. If anyone is traveling to the Lodge's Club Level soon, please get some info on this for us.

Any questions, please ask and I will try and get some answers.

So this is love!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:30 AM   #83
LisaZ1113
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3"Mouse"keteers View Post
Planning our first stay at WL for next December and already can't wait!!!

Us too!!! Honeymoon trip

Old 11-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #84
TVEPFOX
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid View Post
Just a heads up everyone who are heading to the Lodge's Club Level.

They are changing up their food offerings. Apparently, Disney is trying to streamline the Club Level offerings. Gone will be the huge pots of soup and evening entrees they used to have.

They are now going to serve single portion appetizers. While we were there they were having a trial run. They are supposed to be in full swing by year end.

They served mini salmon cakes, chicken and beef skewers, duck potstickers, and buffalo spring rolls. Also, on Saturday night they serves a small bowl of pulled pork with small rolls.

These were all very tasty. And they NEVER ran out of the offerings. Very plentiful.

We also heard that they will serve soup, but that it will be in individual cups not the huge self serve pot. We did not have any on our trip and we were there for a week.

They still had the cheese selection and the PBJ's and dip and bread. Not sure if this will change.

The desserts are also changing (or have already changed) but while we were there, the CM's were not sure what they would be serving just yet. They had tried a bunch but need to get set up before they can serve them. Not sure if the cobbler will go away yet. These will also be served in individual portions.

I will try and get more information on this. If anyone is traveling to the Lodge's Club Level soon, please get some info on this for us.

Any questions, please ask and I will try and get some answers.
I've read on other threads about these changes too. This is one change WDW is making that doesn't sound bad to me.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #85
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

This thread is great! Only 2 months until our first stay at WL
Old 11-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #86
TVEPFOX
DIS Veteran

Some WL pictures to brighten your day...

Old 11-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #87
dizneykid
WL VET

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVEPFOX View Post
I've read on other threads about these changes too. This is one change WDW is making that doesn't sound bad to me.
Me neither. The food was very good and served at the right temperatures. I love the selection also. From what I heard, the desserts will be wonderful.

I think this will be well received.

The only complaint that has been heard was that certain guests would say "they can't make dinner" out of the offerings. Well, it's not supposed to be dinner, just appetizers. The funny part is the guests who are complaining are the ones who are upgraded.

So this is love!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #88
MrsPook
Mouseketeer

Can anyone help me? Staying at WL for the first time in one month. Booked online and did not read this wonderful thread yet to make a room request. Does anyone know if there is a way to pull up your online reservation and add a room request? Also do ALL rooms have a fridge in them? Do any in the lodge have a coffee pot or microwave or just in the Villas?

Thanks for all your help!
~May 2009 - off-property
~December 2009 - Wilderness Lodge
~October 2010 - Carribean Beach
~June 2-12, 2011 - new DVC owners!!! Animal Kingdom Kidani Village and Bay Lake Tower
~December 10-13, 2011 - Old Key West
~May 25 - June 4, 2012 - Boardwalk
~October 22-26, 2012 - Animal Kingdom Jambo House
~May 26-June , 2013 - Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Kidani
~March 23-30, 2014 - Aulani HAWAII
~June 1-4, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge
~currently planning a mega WDW/DCL vacation for June 2015!
Old 11-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #89
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPook View Post
Can anyone help me? Staying at WL for the first time in one month. Booked online and did not read this wonderful thread yet to make a room request. Does anyone know if there is a way to pull up your online reservation and add a room request? Also do ALL rooms have a fridge in them? Do any in the lodge have a coffee pot or microwave or just in the Villas?
MrsPook
Unfortunately there isn't anyway to add a room request after booking on-line from your computer. You may call CRO and have a CM add your request to your on-line reservation.

Yes all the rooms at Wilderness Lodge have a small 4-cup coffee pot and refrigerator. Microwaves are only in the Villas, but there is a microwave located in Roaring Fork you may use.

From Deb's Website

Old 11-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #90
2diamonds&a~gem
Mouseketeer

anyone done the WL photo shoot?

We will be there in 23 days! Ohh how I need it!

Would love opinions on the photo session here at the lodge... and "sopts" that were used. This will likely be my Granddad's last trip with us and I would love to have some pics done.

Didnt I also read that the photopass photographer will take your pic in front of the tree? but it seemed like that was not part of the photo session, everyone would be able to to it?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: