Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:29 AM   #61
erinm
Earning My Ears

Are there any woods view rooms on the ground floor? 2 years ago, we were upgraded to a courtyard view facing the falls near the front desk and we loved it so I was hoping they had some woods view down the same hall.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:10 PM   #62
kristinmajor
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post
Disney has offers for great discounts and availability for Saratoga Springs and Old Key West Villas this is because SSR has approx. 552 units plus they have added the Tree House Villas at Saratoga with an additional 60 units. Old Key West has 709 units so these two resorts makeup a large number of rooms/villas available for Disney inventory to offer.

There are only 181 units at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge so Disney has very few of these units to rent out. DVC Members can and do make their reservations at 11 months in advance.

They do offer the Villas but you have make your reservations way in advance.
Thanks. I have been trying for awhile now-- at first they told me the rooms had not been released yet.

I am looking for September 2010. Thought it would be an easier time given the lower crowds.

Wondering if I should book the club-level room so that we have something and keep trying to switch it.

I liked SSR just fine, but wanted to try something different.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2009, 04:03 PM   #63
Microcell
No, no,no, those red signs with the word STOP on them are optional if they have a white border.
I hope you like Debbie Gibson? I did not and got busted at a DECA National Convention for skipping her concert!

Oh, was copying the part 6 thread for a fellow Diser and about had a heart attack that it was closed..

Then I found this one, with even more information and all I can say is THANK YOU!!!!!

90 days till WL!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 06:19 PM   #64
LaWa
Mouseketeer

Thank you for starting up this thread again.

I really appreciate it.

We're heading down on 12/20. And I CANNOT WAIT.

Does anyone know about the Club Level rooms with Bunk Beds? Any good ones to request? I would really love to be upgraded to a Junior Suite. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I know someone was heading down there recently for CL at WL. I'm wondering if they have a resort report for us.

Thanks to all!!

LaWa
Old 11-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #65
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
Florida people eat Gators....THE CIRCLE OF LIFE.
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinm View Post
Are there any woods view rooms on the ground floor? 2 years ago, we were upgraded to a courtyard view facing the falls near the front desk and we loved it so I was hoping they had some woods view down the same hall.
Erinm

Your question is complicated.

First you ask if there are any Wood View Rooms on the ground floor, but then you said you had a room facing the waterfalls near the front desk and you would like a woods view down the same hall.

It sounds like you were located on the 2nd floor located in the southside of the Lodge.(which is the same floor as the front desk.) If this is the area you want it isn't the ground floor, but yes there are Wood View Rooms on the 2nd floor located off this hallway.

If you look at the map from page 1, 1st post.

Wilderness Lodge Room #'s and Locations

The rooms you are asking about would be the even # rooms from 2100-2120 just click on the link above for a view of the area.
Beckie
Old 11-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #66
ivo004
Mouseketeer

We are going to the lodge on December 18 and I'm really glad that you started this thread again. All the information I can gather during my stay I will sure send it to you.
Old 11-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #67
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivo004 View Post
We are going to the lodge on December 18 and I'm really glad that you started this thread again. All the information I can gather during my stay I will sure send it to you.
Thanks,

Having updated, correct information is vital for a information thread.

Have a Magical Visit.

Beckie
Old 11-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #68
BCV513
DIS Veteran

What a fantastic thread! We're heading for our first stay at the Lodge four weeks from tomorrow. Can't wait!

Old 11-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #69
kristinmajor
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICinMYHEART View Post

There are only 181 units at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge so Disney has very few of these units to rent out. DVC Members can and do make their reservations at 11 months in advance.

They do offer the Villas but you have make your reservations way in advance.

I finally got one! A two-bedroom! It popped up and it was the only one per reservationist!!! (I called to make sure the computer wasn't messing with me).

We're booked for September 18-26, 2010 in a 2-bedroom villa. Now to figure out if I have a specific room / general area request. . . .

By the way, thank you so much. This site helped me make our first full family trip fantastic in September 2008. I did a lot of planning, but I planned for a lot of down time, too. This site made it all work out wonderfully!

Very excited. I almost changed to BLT, but I think my boys will love the WL, and it is all about them. Love the proximity to Fort Wilderness, too.

Kristin
Old 11-04-2009, 10:56 AM   #70
TVEPFOX
DIS Veteran

We were club level in August. We had room 7042 with bunk beds. Our 7 DD loved the beds. We had a perfect view of the fireworks at night. By day we could see the monorail and the smokehouse. Never bothered us, very private room near the rear elevator that no one uses. Going back in 2010!
Old 11-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #71
rcraw45425
I'm a 43 year old mom with a scar on my navel!

subbing, didn't realize there was a new thread
offsite '71,'86,'95,'04,Swan'98,CR'98,GF'99,CR'01,CR'03,WL '04,Polynesian'04,YC'05,GF'05,POFQ'05,CR'05,YC'06, PBH'06,CR'07,AS Sports,YC CL1/08,GF11/08, HRH 07/09, WL CL 11/09, PBH 1/10, CR Tower Club 1 bedroom suite 5/10,Royal Pacific Resort Club 12/10, BWI,Disney Dream 4/11,CSR/Grand Floridian 12/11,CR tower 10/12, AKL 1/13, Polynesian 6/13,Polynesian 10/13, PBH CL 11/13, BC 3/14 (2 BR suite), Hard Rock Hotel for Diagon Alley Opening Day (7/14) upcoming BC 3/15

Old 11-04-2009, 02:40 PM   #72
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

We told our kids last night and they are so excited! My youngest (3) hopped up from the table and ran to his room to "pack." I made a countdown poster to help the time pass. We are all excited about staying at WL in 16 days!

Coming up: Long weekend at CSR for Veterans' Day

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 11-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #73
grannyminnie
DIS Veteran

I saw another thread that mentioned Ranger Stan was leaving soon. Does anyone know if he has gone for good? My sister and I met him a few trips ago and we have looked him up each time. I remember him saying that he was leaving last June (I thought). Maybe the date was changed. At any rate, I know he will be missed!

Old 11-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #74
DizneyNutz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcraw45425 View Post
subbing, didn't realize there was a new thread
Moderators closed the last one due to size. Our Gracious host MAGICinMYHEART Started us a new one.

[Wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it, and right is right even if nobody is doing it."
-St. Augustine]
Old 11-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #75
MAGICinMYHEART
WL Vet
I love to laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyminnie View Post
I saw another thread that mentioned Ranger Stan was leaving soon. Does anyone know if he has gone for good? My sister and I met him a few trips ago and we have looked him up each time. I remember him saying that he was leaving last June (I thought). Maybe the date was changed. At any rate, I know he will be missed!

Grannyminnie

The following post was over on the DVC Forum, it was posted on October 31, 2009 Ranger Stan has retired, he will be missed but never forgotten.

Beckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanajoyx2 View Post
Just a little heads-up about Ranger Stan. This morning in the WL lobby he was seated at a table signing pictures of himself for anyone who wanted one. He was unaware that this was going to happen today and that he was overwhelmed.

The picture was great - it's a shot of Stan and a young boy looking up in awe towards the ceiling. In the upper right hand corner of the picture are the words: My first day at work I was as wide-eyed as the guests. I still am. Further down on the picture are the words: I am Disney. There was a small matted poster of the picture there, also. And under the words I am Disney were the words I am Retired. I am so happy I was able to be here for Stan's last days as a CM. He is what Walt Disney hoped all his CM's would represent.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: