Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #3571
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thanks to Minnie&Nana's encouragement and since we're fast approaching jumbo thread status, I've been working on a new home for us. I've been uploading and editing MANY of my photos from my most recent trip and Christmas '10, so I hope to have a new thread up this week. I'll post the link here when I (finally!) have it done.
Hi there!

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
Old 08-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #3572
stepdisney
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
I instantly turned into "one of those moms"
I think I'm going to start looking for ways to fit jive into my daily vocabulary

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
That would be great as I've got my "rough draft" finished and my photos uploaded and edited. You can either post the photos here or PM them to me and I can just copy the IMG code. Let me know the studio location and floor so I can include it with the photo. Thanks, Christine!
I have quite a few pictures of various views. We stayed 7th floor and, I think, 5th or 4th both inner courtyard view with beautiful pictures of the lake and the pool and some of the high fireworks and the parade. I also have pictures from the roof as the flag family!

June 2000 1st trip off site~Oct. 2005 POP~ Aug/Sept. 2007 WL~Aug/Sept. 2008 AKL ~Aug/Sept. 2009 Kidani Village~Aug/Sept. 2010WL/Grand Gathering~ Aug. 2011 YC Aug. 2012 YC CL~Aug. 2014 AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #3573
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

The new WL/Villas thread is up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbDave View Post
We stayed last week for 6 nights and it was a truly great experience. CM made us feel at home, cocierge was used several times for car rental stuff and a few questions... very helpful. Mousekeeping was perfect.
Only bad part was leaving...

5th floor Courtyard north side... we also had friends staying on the same floor with some bunks and they had a decent view of fireworks and an alligator in the pond on the north side.

Roaring Forks was fine, food was pretty good. Pool was excellent, no need for waterparks.

One thing I wish they had was more resort specific merchandise. Ran out of the t shirt I wanted...
I'm sorry they ran out of the shirt you wanted. We were there for 12 nights and left on the 5th and from the time we arrived to when we checked-out there was a big run on the clearance merchandise which was marked half-off. Most of the clearance merchandise had disappeared by the time we checked-out. I was told that they were getting rid of some of the resort merchandise and the CM didn't know what would replace it. I guess you'll just have to go back soon to see what new merchandise they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
Hi there!
Your trip is just around the corner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepdisney View Post
I have quite a few pictures of various views. We stayed 7th floor and, I think, 5th or 4th both inner courtyard view with beautiful pictures of the lake and the pool and some of the high fireworks and the parade. I also have pictures from the roof as the flag family!
Do you have photos of the Flag Family ceremony? Those would be great in the new thread! Could you PM some to me before you leave? If not, I can put them in later when you get back home. Thanks!

The new thread is up and running, but it's still under construction. Hope to see everyone there!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:34 PM   #3574
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Construction is complete on the new thread

If you haven't already...

COME ON OVER! WE'D LOVE TO HAVE YOU!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:01 PM   #3575
Kcags
Mouseketeer

Travel time from WL

Hi everyone. We are staying at WL (first time at Disney ) for our honeymoon this December. I am going crazy planning an itinerary. Just wondering how long it will take to get to each park. I know WL is in the MK area so it will not take long by bus or boat and that we have to take a bus to everything else. I know it also depends on crowds, but can anyone give me a rough idea how long to allow to get to MK, Epcot, DHS, AK, and Downtown Disney? I want to get there at opening! Thanks for your help! Kara
Old 10-18-2011, 02:05 PM   #3576
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone. Here now. We booked bunkbed woods view but got bb inner cy view room 2121 which is awesome. We are on the lobby level/ground floor and overlook the bubblin brook and little bridge. I will post pics later.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:56 PM   #3577
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcags View Post
Hi everyone. We are staying at WL (first time at Disney ) for our honeymoon this December. I am going crazy planning an itinerary. Just wondering how long it will take to get to each park. I know WL is in the MK area so it will not take long by bus or boat and that we have to take a bus to everything else. I know it also depends on crowds, but can anyone give me a rough idea how long to allow to get to MK, Epcot, DHS, AK, and Downtown Disney? I want to get there at opening! Thanks for your help! Kara
If you post your question to the new thread (link below), you'll probably get more answers from those who do rope drop. We never do RD, however, I would suggest taking the first bus of the day to make RD. It starts about one hour prior to park opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
Hi everyone. Here now. We booked bunkbed woods view but got bb inner cy view room 2121 which is awesome. We are on the lobby level/ground floor and overlook the bubblin brook and little bridge. I will post pics later.

The new (8/11) WL/VWL thread is located here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2778033

Please post your photos there and congratulations on the upgrade
Old 10-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #3578
Kcags
Mouseketeer

Ok, Thanks WDWKOOK
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: