Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
clarkfamily
Mouseketeer

Help Getting to Early ADRs from POLY

I get so nervous about early breakfast ADRs! At the same time, I don't want to drag my kids out of bed sooner than need be so that we can stand around waiting in a park that's not yet open. I want to plan plenty of cushion to arrive on time, but I don't want my nervousness about it to get us there unreasonably early.

What would you recommend about how we get to each of the following and about how to time our arrival?

8:35 am at Crystal Palace: Obviously take monorail directly from Poly. Can we leave the Poly 8:00 am and be fine?

8:30 am at Akershus: Here we will need to walk to the TTC and then take the monorail from there, right? The length of our walk will depend on how far our room is from TTC, but what time should I plan to be boarding a monorail at TTC?

9:00 am at Tusker House: The one I am most nervous about! Take a bus directly from Poly? What time should we be at the bus stop?

Thanks for sharing your expertise!!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
mma800
Mouseketeer

I have to say if you are nervous about making those early ADRs, just do what I do and take a taxi to Epcot and AK. The small amount of money was worth it to relieve my anxiety. Getting to MK from Poly by monorail is the quickest. I would probably plan to leave a bit before 8 as you will have to allow time for the security/bag check line at MK entrance.
Have a blast!!

mma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
marlaine8
Mouseketeer

On our trip 3 weeks ago, we stayed at The Poly and had an ADR at Tusker House at 8:00 a.m. We took the bus. Worked out perfectly! We went to the busstop at 7:15. We got there in plenty of time, and had enough time to take pictures along the way.
marlaine8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #4
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkfamily View Post
I get so nervous about early breakfast ADRs! At the same time, I don't want to drag my kids out of bed sooner than need be so that we can stand around waiting in a park that's not yet open. I want to plan plenty of cushion to arrive on time, but I don't want my nervousness about it to get us there unreasonably early.

What would you recommend about how we get to each of the following and about how to time our arrival?

8:35 am at Crystal Palace: Obviously take monorail directly from Poly. Can we leave the Poly 8:00 am and be fine?

8:30 am at Akershus: Here we will need to walk to the TTC and then take the monorail from there, right? The length of our walk will depend on how far our room is from TTC, but what time should I plan to be boarding a monorail at TTC?

9:00 am at Tusker House: The one I am most nervous about! Take a bus directly from Poly? What time should we be at the bus stop?

Thanks for sharing your expertise!!
CP - be at the Poly monorail station at 8 am and you will be fine.

Akershus - this one will be close. The monorail to Epcot does not start running until 8 am. When we stayed at Poly, we walked to the TTC (we were on Tahiti - close to TTC) and had an ADR at Akershus at 8:10 am. We were 30 minutes late. They start running the monorail before 8 am to "test" it, but they don't board passengers until 8 am. By the time it actually arrives at Epcot, you descend, get through security and walk (or in our case, we ran), to the World Showcase, your best-case scenario is 8:40 am. We had a car, and opted not to drive because we were going to be imbibing later at the World Showcase, but if I do this again, I would take a cab.

Tusker House - we had an 8:05 am ADR and we were at the bus station at 7:20 am, and that was not enough time, the bus did not come until almost 8 am. We were about 25 minutes late. So, I would recommend to arrive at the bus station by 7:45 am.

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:08 PM   #5
Baltazar
DIS Veteran

Also if you have early ADRs, you can go in the park before it's open.

Even if you are a few minutes late, they will still seat you.

We've been up to an hour late because of one issue or another and we were seated. You're on vacation, no need to rush anywhere.

There is a boat that goes to MK from the Poly. Not sure when they start.
Past - Port Orleans (Sept 1993), Allstar Sports (Aug 2003), Caribbean Beach (Aug 2004), Allstar Movies (Aug 2005), Pop Century (Aug 2006), Pop Century (Aug 2007), Allstar Music (Aug 2008), Pop Century (Dec 2008), AllStar Movies, (Aug 2009), Pop Century (Aug 2011), Allstar Movies (Aug 2013)
Baltazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #6
mindy20
Mouseketeer

Take a cab it made our trip much better when I just accepted that cab fare made my life much easier !
Old 10-18-2011, 12:02 AM   #7
Sappermont
DIS Veteran

We had an 8:35AM reservation at Tusker House. We walked out to the bus stop around 7:30 and there were two buses to the AK just pulling up. We walked right on and were at the AK a bit before 8AM. Honestly, based on our experience, I think that the buses work really well from the Poly. We had nothing but great bus service. We obviously used the monorail to MK and EP, but to AK, DHS, and the water parks we used the buses and never waited more than 5 minutes at the Poly bus stop.

Enjoy! I love the Tusker House. Definitely a must do for our next trip.
Old 10-18-2011, 04:12 PM   #8
Baltazar
DIS Veteran

In my opinion renting a car or taking a cab anywhere on property is a waste of good beer money ...

With enough lead time, Disney transportation will get you where you need to go on property.

[edit]
also wine money, whiskey money, strawberry margarita money ... etc
Past - Port Orleans (Sept 1993), Allstar Sports (Aug 2003), Caribbean Beach (Aug 2004), Allstar Movies (Aug 2005), Pop Century (Aug 2006), Pop Century (Aug 2007), Allstar Music (Aug 2008), Pop Century (Dec 2008), AllStar Movies, (Aug 2009), Pop Century (Aug 2011), Allstar Movies (Aug 2013)
Baltazar is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: