Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2010, 02:29 PM   #46
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1009t View Post
I have everything but the science oh well maybe I could take classes over the summer or something. I agree it would be amazing to work anywhere in the park!
I think it depends, too, on what classes your college requires you to take. Where I go to school (West Virginia University), we are required to take TONS of general classes. It's insane. I highly doubt anyone at my school could go and still graduate on time. But if your school doesn't require as many, and you have some AP credits, it's possible. Your best bet would be to look into what courses your prospective college requires and figure out where your AP credit fills in. Then you can probably tell by what's left over if it would be possible to do the program and still graduate on time.

Stop by the Fantasyland Forest... I'll tell you some enchanting tales!
bellaDisneydncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:15 PM   #47
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodluvr287 View Post
Most people at my school get it when they're seniors. You could try doing that unless you're already a senior.
Get an ap science credit? That definitly won't happen for me, I'm not a science person.

Belladisneydncer- Thanks for your advice! I think it would work out with one of my prospective colleges. I definitly think you'll get a character performer!
r1009t is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2010, 10:51 PM   #48
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Looking at the colleges is a good idea Then you can kind of get an idea about which college you could do it at. Even if you couldn't graduate on time, you could still do the CP after you graduate. Just apply while you're still a student.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:40 PM   #49
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Belladisneydncer- Thanks for your advice! I think it would work out with one of my prospective colleges. I definitly think you'll get a character performer!
Thank you!!

Old 01-09-2010, 05:20 PM   #50
QueenofPrideRock
Mouseketeer

Quote:
This may not be the right thread to ask this on, because it's a pretty random question but, has anyone heard of someone who was able to do the cp their sophmore year and still graduate on time? I was wondering because some schools don't accept the credits from the classes you take when doing the cp.
I'm answering this super late but that's my plan, actually! I did bring in quite a few AP/dual-credits from high school, which is definitely a big help.

So the plan is as follows: Fall Advantage CP sophomore year, study abroad junior year, and go back to Disney in some capacity after I graduate (CP, PI, whatever).

But yeah... check out my blog for more info about how successfully that goes and a little bit of Entertainment info.

Disney College Program Cast Member June 2010 - May 2011 // Kilimanjaro Safaris // HAMJAMBO, Simba 1!
QueenofPrideRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #51
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenofPrideRock View Post
I'm answering this super late but that's my plan, actually! I did bring in quite a few AP/dual-credits from high school, which is definitely a big help.

So the plan is as follows: Fall Advantage CP sophomore year, study abroad junior year, and go back to Disney in some capacity after I graduate (CP, PI, whatever).

But yeah... check out my blog for more info about how successfully that goes and a little bit of Entertainment info.

Thanks, I will definitly! On anathor note I just realized that there will be at least two new disney princess who will probably be face characters when our time rolls around...

On a kinda unrelated note, who/how/when does disney create new face characters, sorry that's kind of random, just curious.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #52
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks, I will definitly! On anathor note I just realized that there will be at least two new disney princess who will probably be face characters when our time rolls around...

On a kinda unrelated note, who/how/when does disney create new face characters, sorry that's kind of random, just curious.
Two? I know of Rapunzel but hadn't heard of another... fill me in! lol

And do you mean when do they decide they're going to be in the parks? I know that they started looking for performers to play Princess Tiana at least a few months before the movie premiered. She's a landmark character, so I'm sure they were absolutely driven to get her into the parks. People were very excited to meet this new princess. It all probably depends on how much buzz is going on around the new character.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:15 PM   #53
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaDisneydncr View Post
Two? I know of Rapunzel but hadn't heard of another... fill me in! lol

And do you mean when do they decide they're going to be in the parks? I know that they started looking for performers to play Princess Tiana at least a few months before the movie premiered. She's a landmark character, so I'm sure they were absolutely driven to get her into the parks. People were very excited to meet this new princess. It all probably depends on how much buzz is going on around the new character.
The Bear and the Bow one I can't think of her name...I'm pretty sure she's going to be the first Pixar fairytale and voiced by Resse Witherspoon. She's a scottish princess btw.

Yes, and I guess I'm just interested in how casting brings the character alive so to speak (the pixie dust ), from costume design to mannerisms.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #54
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Bear and the Bow one I can't think of her name...I'm pretty sure she's going to be the first Pixar fairytale and voiced by Resse Witherspoon. She's a scottish princess btw.

Yes, and I guess I'm just interested in how casting brings the character alive so to speak (the pixie dust ), from costume design to mannerisms.
oh I did hear about that one! Well that's exciting! lol

I'd be very interested in learning how that works, too. I bet they work a lot with some of the original animators.

*just looked it up- her name is Merida (at least according to wikipedia lol)

Last edited by bellaDisneydncr; 01-09-2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: searched stuff!
Old 01-10-2010, 10:14 AM   #55
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

[/QUOTE]Yes, and I guess I'm just interested in how casting brings the character alive so to speak (the pixie dust ), from costume design to mannerisms.[/QUOTE]

Back when they had just finished the fairies I read somewhere that its a long process. They do meet with a few animators and they bring in costume designers and buyers, wig makers, cosmetologists, etc. It took almost a year to finish all the prototypes for all the fairies. I'm trying to find where I saw that, but I can't.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:27 AM   #56
::Snow_White::
Harry Potter =
They're not as unpredictable as house elves like Dobby!

Cool thread!

I'm a junior in high school right now, but I'd love to do the CP when I get to college. I'm hoping to either work attractions, or merchandising. I would be happy with any park. I'd also love to be Alice or Wendy, does anybody know the height requirements? I'm 5'3 and I'm not sure I'll get much taller.

Very excited to get to college and get started!

First Disneyland Trip: November 2014!
'99--ASMo // '02--ASMo // '07--Pop // '10--POFQ & Pop
'12--CBR // '12--AOA & Pop // '13--POR & CSR // '13 AOA, POP, & BC
Fall 2013 Merchandise Disney College Program Cast Member!
::Snow_White:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:40 AM   #57
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post
Cool thread!

I'm a junior in high school right now, but I'd love to do the CP when I get to college. I'm hoping to either work attractions, or merchandising. I would be happy with any park. I'd also love to be Alice or Wendy, does anybody know the height requirements? I'm 5'3 and I'm not sure I'll get much taller.

Welcome! I also want to audition for Alice and Wendy! The heigt ranges for them are 5'0 to 5'2 I believe. If you're 5'3 Disney could definitely measure you down an inch because they do that all the time
Old 01-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #58
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ::Snow_White:: View Post
Cool thread!

We're glad to have you! I think you're in a pretty good height for those two girls. Disney does measure a little shorter than you think you are or what your doctor says- why is that? I have no clue Just think short when you get measured it may sound silly- but it works.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:05 PM   #59
Ajaz
Mouseketeer

Warning: Long Post Ahead!

So I've read through this thread, and since it pretty much applies to me, I decided to go ahead and post.

I'm Amy, and I'm a senior in high school. I've pretty much decided to do the CP sometime during my sophomore year, which would be either Fall 2011 or Spring 2012. I'm planning on majoring in education, at University of Texas, Texas A&M University, or Baylor University. I'm still not sure where I'm going next year, haha. Leaning towards A&M, but it could change.

I first heard of the College Program about a year ago, but thought nothing of it until about two months ago, when my friends and I were joking about moving to Disney World to escape all the stress of senior year. I remembered the CP, and went home that day and researched pretty much everything I could about it. And now I'm obsessed.

Like pretty much everyone else, I would love to do entertainment. While I don't have a ton of experience with theatre, I've been dancing for thirteen years, and I'm planning on continuing with dance in college. I've got experience with pretty much every style of dance, minus ballroom.

I'm 5'10", possibly a little taller, but not much. Not the best height range to be in, but I'm hopeful. My dream would be to do a parade or show, but I'm very aware that that's pretty much next to impossible for a CP.

Well, that's pretty much it. Sorry it was so long, I just love Disney and wish I could do the program already!
Ajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #60
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Yes, and I guess I'm just interested in how casting brings the character alive so to speak (the pixie dust ), from costume design to mannerisms.[/QUOTE]

Back when they had just finished the fairies I read somewhere that its a long process. They do meet with a few animators and they bring in costume designers and buyers, wig makers, cosmetologists, etc. It took almost a year to finish all the prototypes for all the fairies. I'm trying to find where I saw that, but I can't. [/QUOTE]

If you ever find it post the link, I'm very intrested.

Welcome ajaz and snow white!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: