Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #31
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodluvr287 View Post
Yep, you have a lot of face oppurtunities. The only thing that's bad about your height is its pretty common and there's some serious competition for fur characters. I think Maleficent, Evil queen, Cruella, etc. start around 5'10 and go up. I'm mouse height Kinda random question here, but What park would you guys like to work at? I'd definitely wanna work at the Magic Kingdom
Definitly Magic Kingdom, specifically Fantasyland. Anyone know Belle's height limit? I think it starts at 5'4, but wheras snow white and cinderella's end at 5'6(I think) does hers end at 5'7?
r1009t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:18 PM   #32
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1009t View Post
Definitly Magic Kingdom, specifically Fantasyland. Anyone know Belle's height limit? I think it starts at 5'4, but wheras snow white and cinderella's end at 5'6(I think) does hers end at 5'7?
I think she may end about 5'6. I think you're right about her starting at 5'4. I believe the only one that ends at 5'7 is Aurora and maybe Ariel that greets in her human form. The mermaid form is typically shorter.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2010, 07:36 PM   #33
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

Quote:
To do it and graduate on time you'd have to already have some AP credits from high school.

I actually will graduate in 4.5 years. I transfered from another college after my freshman semester. I've taken 18-21 credits last semester and this semester as well. I could graduate on time if I did not do the program, but I'm planing on doing the program, of course!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #34
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

I would love to become friends with a character. I'm 5'10, right now. And hopefully I'll grow some more as well. The chances of me getting measured down far enough to be a princess is slim to say the least. I'd have to lose like 3 inches.

I think my dream= tigger. I'm so hyper, i bounce anyway My cousin actually was accepted for the program for fur when he did it and became friends with Tigger, so i'd love to follow his footsteps.
Old 01-05-2010, 07:55 PM   #35
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

I have to wait about a year to do the program- I'm in college now, but I want to graduate on time so I plan on doing the program the semester after I graduate

I'm also an Entertainment hopeful. Being friends with Snow White is my dream. ( I was measured 5'5" by Disney so that's pretty darn perfect!) I've actually already been to some auditions for Character Performers for seasonal roles and passed the audition- but as a lot of you may know- they really don't have room to hire people for seasonal positions. Sooo I will probably have to wait til the CP.

Stop by the Fantasyland Forest... I'll tell you some enchanting tales!
bellaDisneydncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #36
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mebbradley View Post
I would love to become friends with a character. I'm 5'10, right now. And hopefully I'll grow some more as well. The chances of me getting measured down far enough to be a princess is slim to say the least. I'd have to lose like 3 inches.

I think my dream= tigger. I'm so hyper, i bounce anyway My cousin actually was accepted for the program for fur when he did it and became friends with Tigger, so i'd love to follow his footsteps.
I think you're in the right height range for Tigger. That would be awesome if you could be friends with Tigger. If you wanted to do face, you might have some oppurtunities with the villians.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:39 PM   #37
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaDisneydncr View Post
I have to wait about a year to do the program- I'm in college now, but I want to graduate on time so I plan on doing the program the semester after I graduate

I'm also an Entertainment hopeful. Being friends with Snow White is my dream. ( I was measured 5'5" by Disney so that's pretty darn perfect!) I've actually already been to some auditions for Character Performers for seasonal roles and passed the audition- but as a lot of you may know- they really don't have room to hire people for seasonal positions. Sooo I will probably have to wait til the CP.
Wow. 5'5 is perfect Its good that you've already been to the audition and know what its like If you passed then, you'll probably pass again for the CP.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #38
wdwislife
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Kinda random question here, but What park would you guys like to work at? I'd definitely wanna work at the Magic Kingdom
I'd LOVE magic kingdom! Doing face there would be so cool, but so would any position there because the atmosphere is just so wonderful
But I'd be happy be in the other parks if I was performing in one of the shows or parades, because that's an aspiration of mine too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaDisneydncr View Post
I've actually already been to some auditions for Character Performers for seasonal roles and passed the audition- but as a lot of you may know- they really don't have room to hire people for seasonal positions. Sooo I will probably have to wait til the CP.
Wow! Congrats on passing the audition! Disney is crazy with their casting, like sometimes you would get hired but other times you wouldn't.
What was the audition like?
WDW TRIPS Feb 2000: offsite | Feb 2002: offsite/yacht club | Feb 2004: offsite | Feb 2006: offsite | Feb 2008: offsite/boardwalk | Feb 2010: Contemporary/offsite | Dec 2010: SUPRISE TRIP at the POP! | Feb 2012: offsite/all-star movies | May 2013: POFQ | Aug 2013: AKL | Sept 2013: FW Cabins | Nov 2013: YC | Dec 2013: CBR | March 2014: Offsite | DL TRIPS Aug 2008: offsite | July 2009: offsite | Aug 2011: offsite | DCL TRIPS Aug 2012: 4 Day Canada/NE, Disney Magic | DLP TRIPS Dec 2012: Sequoia Lodge |
wdwislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #39
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=wdwislife;34900682]I'd LOVE magic kingdom! Doing face there would be so cool, but so would any position there because the atmosphere is just so wonderful
But I'd be happy be in the other parks if I was performing in one of the shows or parades, because that's an aspiration of mine too.

Same here. If I got Magic Kingdom, I would love to do Fantasyland. That's always been my favorite land since I was little I'd love to be in a parade too. I heard regular cast members can't really be in the shows because they are all equity actors. That kinda sucks but oh well. I know that Mickey and Minnie in Dream Along With Mickey aren't equity though. I could have a shot at that though since I'm mouse height, but I'd really love to do face
Old 01-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #40
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wow. 5'5 is perfect Its good that you've already been to the audition and know what its like If you passed then, you'll probably pass again for the CP.
Thanks! That's what I'm hoping for! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwislife View Post
Wow! Congrats on passing the audition! Disney is crazy with their casting, like sometimes you would get hired but other times you wouldn't.
What was the audition like?
Thanks- And yeah, they really are crazy with casting. It's so competitive and plus- you may never know what they are looking for.

The audition was most definitely the most fun audition I have ever been to. While you're in the room performing, it isn't stressful at all (well maybe a little lol) They make it so fun and so happy. You know, you never think it would be like that, but then you get to the audition and you're like "yeah! it should be like this- it's Disney!" haha

Quote:
Kinda random question here, but What park would you guys like to work at? I'd definitely wanna work at the Magic Kingdom
Magic Kingdom for sure. Number 1 pick. Anywhere and everywhere in that park lol it's going to be AMAZING once the expansion is done. But I'd also love Epcot for Entertainment. Being friends with a character in World Showcase would be totally awesome.

Stop by the Fantasyland Forest... I'll tell you some enchanting tales!
bellaDisneydncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #41
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Thanks for sharing your college credit experiances Anyone hear of someone who was able to do the program their sophomore year and graduate on time due to ap credit? (For anyone who doesn't know advance placement classes make you eligible for college credit depending how you do on your ap exam)
Old 01-07-2010, 03:34 PM   #42
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your college credit experiances Anyone hear of someone who was able to do the program their sophomore year and graduate on time due to ap credit? (For anyone who doesn't know advance placement classes make you eligible for college credit depending how you do on your ap exam)
I've seen about 2 people on here who've said they did it. If you had enough AP credits from high school its possible. I think you need at least 1 in math, 1 in lit, 1 in a type of social studies, and 1 in science to be able to graduate college on time and still do the program.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #43
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

[/QUOTE]Magic Kingdom for sure. Number 1 pick. Anywhere and everywhere in that park lol it's going to be AMAZING once the expansion is done. But I'd also love Epcot for Entertainment. Being friends with a character in World Showcase would be totally awesome.[/QUOTE]

Epcot would be cool too. The World Showcse is so pretty I've seen Snow White in Germany before
Old 01-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #44
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I've seen about 2 people on here who've said they did it. If you had enough AP credits from high school its possible. I think you need at least 1 in math, 1 in lit, 1 in a type of social studies, and 1 in science to be able to graduate college on time and still do the program.
I have everything but the science oh well maybe I could take classes over the summer or something. I agree it would be amazing to work anywhere in the park!
Old 01-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #45
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have everything but the science oh well maybe I could take classes over the summer or something. I agree it would be amazing to work anywhere in the park!
Most people at my school get it when they're seniors. You could try doing that unless you're already a senior.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: