Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2010, 08:13 PM   #16
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodluvr287 View Post
You guys aren't crazy. I'm currently a freshman in high school and have already started planning. Haha Think about it this way, we'll be ahead of everybody else applying when the time comes. I don't graduate high school till 2013 so I was thinking maybe do it sometime in 2014.
I love how we've all got everything planned Oh about your alice/wendy questions they tend to have rounder faces from what I've heard on dis and pretty similiar facial characteristics to princesses (breoilz talked about princesses facial characteristics on one of the threads, that last part is my personal conclusion after looking at pics of alice/wendy face characters so I could be wrong) hth, even though you might already know it
r1009t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 11:40 PM   #17
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1009t View Post
I love how we've all got everything planned Oh about your alice/wendy questions they tend to have rounder faces from what I've heard on dis and pretty similiar facial characteristics to princesses (breoilz talked about princesses facial characteristics on one of the threads, that last part is my personal conclusion after looking at pics of alice/wendy face characters so I could be wrong) hth, even though you might already know it
Haha. I know. I think planning it is fun even though its awhile away I've noticed that too, but then again I see some of the Alice/Wendy's with more pointier features. Its kind of a variation for all face characters I notice. They all have kind of a general look, but they have variations. I think height plays into it a lot. If you're the right height and you look similar to the general look for that character, then you're in as long as you can pass the dance/animation parts of auditions. Anyone else on this board thinking of auditioning for character performer when its time for your CP?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #18
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

By the way, I also have to say I can't wait for the Fantasyland Expansion. It looks amazing! By the time our CP's roll around, they should be finished/close to finished.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:34 AM   #19
wdwislife
DIS Veteran

I'm definitely interested in Entertainment! I'm really into performing at home and I hope, when the time comes, I can get to an audition! They don't have any in my immediate area, but I'd be willing to drive.
I'm at a good princess height, so I hope that's in my future.
I'll probably have Attractions as my 2nd choice, because CM's for rides like Jungle Cruise, Great Movie Ride and Kilimanjaro Safari still have to perform. My friend, who's an aspiring actor, was the driver for safari last year on his CP, and he raves about it all the time!

The fantasyland expansion should be AMAZING! It's going to be so cool to work there when it's a reality!

haha. Listen to us going on about the plans we have for 3+ years from now!
Well, when it's time we'll be SO prepared!

WDW TRIPS Feb 2000: offsite | Feb 2002: offsite/yacht club | Feb 2004: offsite | Feb 2006: offsite | Feb 2008: offsite/boardwalk | Feb 2010: Contemporary/offsite | Dec 2010: SUPRISE TRIP at the POP! | Feb 2012: offsite/all-star movies | May 2013: POFQ | Aug 2013: AKL | Sept 2013: FW Cabins | Nov 2013: YC | Dec 2013: CBR | March 2014: Offsite | DL TRIPS Aug 2008: offsite | July 2009: offsite | Aug 2011: offsite | DCL TRIPS Aug 2012: 4 Day Canada/NE, Disney Magic | DLP TRIPS Dec 2012: Sequoia Lodge |
wdwislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:20 AM   #20
yellowlabforever
It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends
Toy Story Mania – It’s not just an attraction. It’s an adventure!

I plan on doing it the spring of 2012. Long ways away, when I'm a Sophomore in college! I really want to try entertainment and go through the audition process. I'm about 5'3, but I'm not very sure of my height. Could be more, could be less, not sure. But I have 10 years of dance experience (I had to quit becuase of band)

My second choice is a toss-up between attractions and concierge. Because I have always wanted to be an attractions person (my prime choice would be Ellen's Energy Adventure, second would be TSM). And concierge just sounds fun.

DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM FALL 2012 QSFB!

yellowlabforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #21
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowlabforever View Post
I plan on doing it the spring of 2012. Long ways away, when I'm a Sophomore in college! I really want to try entertainment and go through the audition process. I'm about 5'3, but I'm not very sure of my height. Could be more, could be less, not sure. But I have 10 years of dance experience (I had to quit becuase of band)

My second choice is a toss-up between attractions and concierge. Because I have always wanted to be an attractions person (my prime choice would be Ellen's Energy Adventure, second would be TSM). And concierge just sounds fun.
For height, they probably won't measure you at 5'3, they'll measure you either up or down an inch because of need in those heights. Most people are never measured at their actual height by Disney from what I read on these boards. You're dance experience will definitely help with the dance part of the audition. If you're good enough, they could pull you to be a parade dancer.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #22
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Entertainment is def. my first choice but I'm 5'8 and want to do face so we'll see how that works out. My second choice is costuming/wardrobe I really like clothes and I really like organizing so I feel like that would be a good fit for me.
Fall '13 will be my first semester of my sophmore year in college.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:03 AM   #23
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

I think if I didn't get character performer I would have attractions as my second choice and merchandise as my third. I might possibly put character attendant in one of those places also. Attractions looks fun and I would love to do the new Little Mermaid ride once its finished. I love Ariel Merchandise looks fun too because you're always moving around from store to store, so I would never be bored in one place. Character attendant would be fun cuz you can watch the kids get to meet the charcters. Its also easy to pick up extra shifts in those roles. Also, I wouild definitely LOVE to work in the Magic Kingdom as that is my favorite park.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #24
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Entertainment is def. my first choice but I'm 5'8 and want to do face so we'll see how that works out. My second choice is costuming/wardrobe I really like clothes and I really like organizing so I feel like that would be a good fit for me.
Fall '13 will be my first semester of my sophmore year in college.
At 5'8 depending on how they measure you, you could definitely be in the running for Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Old 01-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #25
r1009t
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodluvr287 View Post
At 5'8 depending on how they measure you, you could definitely be in the running for Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
Yeah but they would still need to measure me down 1.2 inches which is a pretty considerable stretch I think. But who knows? I was hoping to audition before it's actually time for me to do my program so I could gauge if I could actually get a character role. A lot of it depends on what they need, it sounds like.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:46 PM   #26
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yeah but they would still need to measure me down 1.2 inches which is a pretty considerable stretch I think. But who knows? I was hoping to audition before it's actually time for me to do my program so I could gauge if I could actually get a character role. A lot of it depends on what they need, it sounds like.
They would only need to measure you down an inch which is pretty common. Most people get measured down about an inch. Yes, a lot is about need. By the time our CP's come around they'll probably have more of a need for princesses and fairies because of the Fantasyland expansion. A lot of the princesses and fairies are getting their own meet and greet area which they are supposed to be at all day. That makes a need for more people to work those shifts. This includes Aurora, she's getting her own meet and greet. Once you're old enough to audition (18) you could try it just to see what its like and if they accept you, just decline it. Then you'll be fully prepared for the CP audition.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:17 PM   #27
wdwislife
DIS Veteran

Ooh, I would like to do a "trial" audition as well, but it probably won't be convenient since they're all pretty far away.
I'm a little under 5'6", which opens up opportunities for Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora and maybe Belle. Plus a whole bunch of non-face.
Kind of wish I was mouse height sometimes because I love mickey and minnie! haha.

Oh, and I think for face that 5'8" in in the range for some villains, like Maleficent.

WDW TRIPS Feb 2000: offsite | Feb 2002: offsite/yacht club | Feb 2004: offsite | Feb 2006: offsite | Feb 2008: offsite/boardwalk | Feb 2010: Contemporary/offsite | Dec 2010: SUPRISE TRIP at the POP! | Feb 2012: offsite/all-star movies | May 2013: POFQ | Aug 2013: AKL | Sept 2013: FW Cabins | Nov 2013: YC | Dec 2013: CBR | March 2014: Offsite | DL TRIPS Aug 2008: offsite | July 2009: offsite | Aug 2011: offsite | DCL TRIPS Aug 2012: 4 Day Canada/NE, Disney Magic | DLP TRIPS Dec 2012: Sequoia Lodge |
wdwislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #28
r1009t
Mouseketeer

This may not be the right thread to ask this on, because it's a pretty random question but, has anyone heard of someone who was able to do the cp their sophmore year and still graduate on time? I was wondering because some schools don't accept the credits from the classes you take when doing the cp.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:06 PM   #29
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwislife View Post
Ooh, I would like to do a "trial" audition as well, but it probably won't be convenient since they're all pretty far away.
I'm a little under 5'6", which opens up opportunities for Ariel, Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora and maybe Belle. Plus a whole bunch of non-face.
Kind of wish I was mouse height sometimes because I love mickey and minnie! haha.

Oh, and I think for face that 5'8" in in the range for some villains, like Maleficent.
Yep, you have a lot of face oppurtunities. The only thing that's bad about your height is its pretty common and there's some serious competition for fur characters. I think Maleficent, Evil queen, Cruella, etc. start around 5'10 and go up. I'm mouse height Kinda random question here, but What park would you guys like to work at? I'd definitely wanna work at the Magic Kingdom
Old 01-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #30
ipodluvr287
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This may not be the right thread to ask this on, because it's a pretty random question but, has anyone heard of someone who was able to do the cp their sophmore year and still graduate on time? I was wondering because some schools don't accept the credits from the classes you take when doing the cp.
To do it and graduate on time you'd have to already have some AP credits from high school.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: