Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2009, 06:08 AM   #76
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
They don't call them crackberries for nothing!
talk about chafing!

I'm up early due to the time change so...

One month from today we will be in Cozumel!!

We're swimming with the Dolphins on Coz so we are extra excited!!!

We started geting outfits ready yesterday. Now I need to iron and then pack them in the suitcase. I also purchased my dress for formal night. Well actually I purchased 3 and brought them home to get opinions. DH told me to keep 2 but I already have a dress I purchased last spring so I'll return 2 today. But I really like all 3. And no, I have no place to wear them or else I would keep them. I lost weight and I actually like buying clothes now. I'm in big trouble.

Happy Sunday all! I'm back to the store to return stuff, yeah right return stuff.

Oh yeah, and go buy your pirate costumes today everybody!! 50% off at all Halloween stores!!
Old 11-01-2009, 07:04 AM   #77
*Nessa*
Cinderella is proof... a new pair of shoes can change your life

Hi Everyone,

WOW 1 month till Cozumel

I haven't had much time for research and was wondering if anyone knows what night is pirate night? and what night the fireworks are?

FE list is almost ready just waiting on two room number confirmations, so I’ll wait one more day till I send them out

2002 Disneyland Hotel - 2004 Disneyland Hotel - 2006 - DL Grand California
2009 DL Paradise Pier - 2009 WDW OKW / POLY / WL - 2009 DFTW Western & Eastern Caribbean
2014 DCL Alaska & California Coast/DL 2015 DL/WDW/DCL Fantasy
MY PLANNING BLOG OUR WEDDING WEBSITE www.mattandnessa.com

*Nessa* is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #78
jd99
DIS Veteran

As Allison mentioned, ONE MONTH until Cozumel

Swimming with dolphins
Paradise Beach -- Our favorite!!!!
Carlos and Charlies (hiccup)
Mayan ruins
Nicest people in the Caribbean.
: Upcoming: BC August 22 Past: Magic Med July 14, Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV, BLT (x3), Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
jd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:09 AM   #79
Disneyholic
Official Disneyholic! CM Wannabe! I'll Never Grow Up!

Well, Well, Well, unless you research, you never know.....I never knew Cozumel, Mexico was an island. Was pulling up maps for Grand Cayman and Cozumel and it kept saying Cozumel Island. Clicked on it, saw Paradise beach, so I knew I was on the right map. Never been and never researched it before. Learn something new every day!

Disneyholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #80
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
talk about chafing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Nessa* View Post
Hi Everyone,

WOW 1 month till Cozumel

I haven't had much time for research and was wondering if anyone knows what night is pirate night? and what night the fireworks are?

FE list is almost ready just waiting on two room number confirmations, so I’ll wait one more day till I send them out
Nessa,
I PM'd you my room number confirm.

Also, I think pirate night is Cozumel night. DD and I finally got our pirate costumes. I'm going as an R rated pirate. If we didn't buy leggings for it today it would have been an X rated pirate costume.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:32 PM   #81
Eeyore'sthebest
DIS Veteran
Not So Tagless in NJ
talk about chafing!

Hi everyone!
My DD would like to post a hello so here she is...
This is so cool.I am going on vaction in 24 days..Ilike to use the little faces like this.I am supposed to say hi. So,hi.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:53 PM   #82
Martian767
Earning My Ears

Wow!!! One month until Cozumel AND one month until my eighth wedding anniversary!!! Hubby and I will be celebrating by doing an ATX rail expedition.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:37 PM   #83
Disneyholic

Martian767 and crew. On page 1 of this thread is a Getting To Know You (GTKY) list of questions. We are also planning a DisMeet at the Promenade Lounge onboard on the 1st day at 2:45. jd99 (jeff) is the one to contact if you think you would like to join us. There are also people in our group who are doing the Fish Extender (FE) thing. Nessa is in charge of the list for this.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #84
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore'sthebest View Post
Hi everyone!
My DD would like to post a hello so here she is...
This is so cool.I am going on vaction in 24 days..Ilike to use the little faces like this.I am supposed to say hi. So,hi.
HI!!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2009, 09:15 PM   #85
Martian767
Earning My Ears

GTKY Questions/Answers

General GTKY…
1. Where do you live? I live in Illinois, my husband lives in California. Been living this way for nearly three years and hoping the housing market will rebound soon so we can live together again.

2. Are you married? How long? Yes, for eight years on December 1st. We were married at the Wedding Pavilion with the reception at the Grand Floridian.

3. Do you have any children? Ages? Nope.

4. Do you have any pets? Yes, three dogs. Hate to say it, but they are my children

5. What do you do for a living? Work? Stay at home? I am an office manager for a foot doctor and a physical therapist. Hubby is Director of Investor Relations for a pharmaceutical company.

6. What is your favorite movie? Chicago

7. What is your favorite book? All four books by Jen Lancaster (Bitter is the New Black; Bright Lights, Big A**; Such a Pretty Fat; Pretty in Plaid)

8. What is/are your favorite TV show(s)? The Office (though I believe it has "jumped the shark") and basically just about anything on Food Network.

9. What is your favorite food? Beef.

10. What type of music do you listen to? Do you have a favorite group/singer/band etc.? I pretty much listen to anything, but my favorite group is Five for Fighting.

11. Where did you do your schooling from? Only some college education through community college and one year at the University of San Diego.

12. Do you like sports? What's your favorite football team? Yes, hockey. Chicago Blackhawks, of course!

13. How many siblings do you have? One brother.

14. Did you always want to be a XXX? (your profession) Chef or nurse.

15. What do you like to do in your spare time? I participate in endurance events (5K to half marathon) to the best of my ability.

16. Any interesting places that you've traveled to lately? Most interesting place was Scotland.

17. Any particular cuisines or dishes that you like the most? Italian.

18. What is your attitude when it comes to money? Are you a spender or a saver? Depends. If we're going on vacation, I'm a saver for the few months preceeding vacation. Otherwise, I'm an admitted spender. I'm working on that though!

19. What does your name mean? Who is like God.

20. When is your birthday? April 11th

21. What is your zodiac sign? Aries

22. What are your preferences when it comes to clothes and fashion? Casual, very casual.

23. Are you an introvert or an extrovert? Introvert.

24. Are you an outdoors person? Yes.

25. Are you an adventurous person by nature or do you prefer playing it safe? If I feel that the adventure is safe, then I am adventurous (i.e., zipline, dune buggies, etc., etc.).

26. How was your childhood like? Only a few complaints, otherwise uneventful.

27. Post a recent picture of yourself.... I would if I could figure it out!!
Old 11-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #86
Disneyholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian767 View Post
General GTKY…
27. Post a recent picture of yourself.... I would if I could figure it out!!
You need more posts in order to post a picture. (Not sure how many, maybe someone else does.) Then you have to post a picture on an internet photo site (photobucket is one) then put the link in your post.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:13 PM   #87
Griffith6
Mouseketeer

Disneyland!

Just back from a 10 hour day at Disneyland. My mother in law was visiting from Colorado and wanted to take the kids - but my youngest daughter was coming of a 3 day fever so she and my son stayed back with DH so I was lucky to just have my 7 & 8 year olds with DMIL. So nice to be stroller free at the park! And must say makes me VERY excited for the cruise. The girls were so excited to see the princesses and other characters and I can't wait to see how excited they are for a whole week of Disney!

Going through photos and then to bed - busy week.
Griffith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #88
jd99
DIS Veteran

One month from today..

Another relaxing day at sea

Perhaps time for a massage?
Brunch at Palo?
A wine tasting?
A cooking workshop?
Tea with Alice?
A getaway to the Quiet Cove pool?
Watching the little ones come down the Mickey Slide?
A Mickey Mouse ice cream bar? or two?
Drink of the day?

I repeat, let's go NOW!!!!!!!!!
: Upcoming: BC August 22 Past: Magic Med July 14, Dream Jan. 14, Fantasy Nov. 13, GF and Fantasy Aug 2013, DD Dancing at Disney June 13, Spring Break at AKV: Aulani at Christmas, Fantasy Nov.3,Dream June 2011, DCL Med 2010 & 2011, DCL 3 night April 09, DCL Western Aug. 06, Nov. 08, 09, 10, DCL Eastern Nov. 06, 07, 11, DCL Mex Riviera Aug08/YC (x3), BCV (x6), Poly (x3), GF Concierge (x5), BC Concierge, YC Concierge, DL, PO, VWL, SSR, AKV, BLT (x3), Offsite (x3) Disneyland (too many times to count)
jd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:44 AM   #89
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

Nessa I sent you a pm , wow time is getting really close still havent done any packing but maybe will start today! Have all my ding reservations done for when we are in disney and all the shore excursions done so Im a little organized lol!
Old 11-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #90
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day

Nessa I sent you a pm , wow time is getting really close still havent done any packing but maybe will start today! Have all my dining reservations done for when we are in disney and all the shore excursions done so Im a little organized lol!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: