Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
TravisSch
DIS Veteran

Fall 2010 PI Questions

Hello DIS boards. My name is TravisSch. I go to college at Berea College in Berea, KY. I am currently working towards a Bachelors of Arts degree in Computer & Information Science.

I am interested in pursuing a Disney Professional Internship for Fall 2010 in the area of Information Technology. I have 2 questions about the Disney Professional Internship program.

Question 1: Do students participating in the Disney Professional Internship program have to have been in the Disney College Program for at least 1 session? I am asking this because my school does not allow students to pursue the Disney College Program as an actual “internship” for college credit. My school only allows students to pursue the Professional Internships. I would like to pursue an internship in Information Technology because I love working in the computer field and I also love Disney.

Question 2: When are internship listings for Fall 2010 usually posted? I want to start looking at the different internships available as early as possible. Also, do Information Technology internships usually receive a lot of applicants? (if you don't know the answer to the # of applicants question, that's fine)

Question 3: Is there anybody in the Professional Internships area I can email personally to ask questions whenever I have them? I have already sent some questions to the email address on the Disney Professional Internships website.

I really love Disney and working with them for an internship would be great.

~TravisSch
TravisSch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #2
Lukas87
Mouseketeer

Some PIs require prior participation in the CP and some do not. Generally, the IT ones do not require you to have done the CP.

The internships will be posted throughout the March - May period.
Lukas87 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
sneekypeeks
Mouseketeer

https://disney.recruitmax.com/main/c...hType=Advanced

These are the ones for the Spring semester. They will probably be taken down in the next week or so, and the deadline to apply has passed (I think). But you can start planning out which ones you want and seeing the regs. Good luck!

Oh, and there is a couple of IT PI Blogs/Vlogs out there. Scroll down in the forum for the blog site, one of them is there. I think you should be able to google for the other ones.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:38 AM   #4
TravisSch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneekypeeks View Post
https://disney.recruitmax.com/main/c...hType=Advanced

These are the ones for the Spring semester. They will probably be taken down in the next week or so, and the deadline to apply has passed (I think). But you can start planning out which ones you want and seeing the regs. Good luck!

Oh, and there is a couple of IT PI Blogs/Vlogs out there. Scroll down in the forum for the blog site, one of them is there. I think you should be able to google for the other ones.
Can you give me a link to where these blogs would be located? I went through a blog thread but couldn't find any IT professional internship blogs.

Thanks for answering my questions so far.
-TravisSch
TravisSch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: