DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
mouseofdvc
Earning My Ears

what is the best part of bcv?

My family and I are going to a dvc resort in March[not easter]. We are hearing a lot of people telling us to stay at beach club,but we haven't heard what is good about it. What interesting things are at beach club. Please tell me everything from baby to adult things. If you don't like beach club tell me what resort you think is the best.
mouseofdvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Location! If you like Epcot (and to a lesser degree DHS).

That aside - BCV access to the Stormalong Bay pool which is very nice - if a pool is important.

As far as recommending a resort it really depends on what you and your family like and where you want to be. Each DVC offers different things.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #3
robertdangelo
DVC Member, WDC Stockholder

We own at BCV & BLT... The Beach Club is our favorite. You can only use Stormalong Bay(1 acre pool complex) if you stay there.(pool hopping from other resorts is not allowed) Pool is sand bottom, has an awesome waterslide, kiddie area has a beach & sand bar.
EPCOT is a five minute walk.(World Showcase entrance) You can take a water taxi to DHS or take the 15-20 minute walk. Between BC & BW(also YC, Swan & Dolphin nearby) there are many options for dining & nightlife. Cape May at BC has a character breakfast.(Goofy & Friends)
There are fun things to do at night such as movies on the beach with s'mores.
Bob

Visiting WDW since 1972... too many times to count!
robertdangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:42 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

What's nice about BCV is leaving your villa at 8:50PM and watching Illuminations at 9PM. Then walking back and you can be in bed by 9:40PM.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:27 PM   #5
butsy
Earning My Ears

Being located right on the boardwalk is fab as is eating at Beaches and Cream the desserts are amazing!!
butsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
Best Aunt
"That's the best-est present ever!"

yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
What's nice about BCV is leaving your villa at 8:50PM and watching Illuminations at 9PM. Then walking back and you can be in bed by 9:40PM.
Deb & Bill are right. (But I've noticed that Deb & Bill are always right.)

Best Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Ah, yes-I was just at BCV from 10/17-10/22. I definitely agree with Deb & Bill. And if you're in Epcot and get chilly or get a headache, just walk back to your room for [whatever you need]and be back in Epcot soon. And not only are you close to Beaches and Cream, but if it's raining, you can still go there and not get wet (that's a big advantage). I love the movies on the beach they have, spending time in the Solarium, and having a coconut bar from BC Marketplace. And when you go into International Gateway, you might be lucky enough to see this shining face-

Forgive me, I just got back, and have to show off all my pictures.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #8
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Aunt View Post
Deb & Bill are right. (But I've noticed that Deb & Bill are always right.)
Not always, just been there a lot.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:06 PM   #9
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
That is the best.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:43 AM   #10
Inkmahm
Disney nut

!

We own at BLT and were moved involuntarily to BCV for our current trip. I was not happy giving up my boardwalk view. BUT, we like BCV so it worked out in the end. The walk to Epcot is great, very very short. I love being able to park practically at my door to walk into the villa. Of course, at check in the person at the desk INSISTED there was no close parking to the villas, that I had to park way over at the convention center. I knew from this board that that didn't sound right but we did valet parking and had bell services handle our luggage to avoid a long hike with it. When we used our car again (after 2 nights of being in valet) I discovered that there IS a close parking lot! I wasted $24 on valet parking thanks to the wrong info at the front desk.

Inkmahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:33 AM   #11
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

We just tried BCV in August and really enjoyed it. DS (12) LOVED Storm Along Bay (SAB). We spent one whole day just hanging out at the pool - he LOVED it and it wins hands down as the best DVC pool. Especially good for a summer trip where you would spend a lot of down time trying to stay cool. We also really liked the short, short walk to Epcot. VERY convenient to go in the back way!! Great option to go over there for dinners...

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #12
PEANUT1
You can Fly!

Location Location Location!!! and that lovely smell that is pumped into the lobby..it is heavenly.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #13
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Well now that Art is gone ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEANUT1 View Post
Location Location Location!!! and that lovely smell that is pumped into the lobby..it is heavenly.
Yeah, those things!

And by the way, that's Green Clover & Aloe scent - I know because I actually use it in my house!! (ScentAir at Home). My house smells like the BC all the time!
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:00 PM   #14
DizGirl20
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
And by the way, that's Green Clover & Aloe scent - I know because I actually use it in my house!! (ScentAir at Home). My house smells like the BC all the time!
Where do you purchase ScentAir? Thanks!
Old 10-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #15
homedad
DIS Veteran

the pool, the pool, and the pool....
homedad is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: