Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2009, 09:46 AM   #1
maroo
DIS Veteran

~ It's a PROTEST! UPDATE! Disney PhotoPass called - it is fixed!!

Many of you know that the Disney PhotoPass CD is now $149 for families staying offsite.

This even applies to our wish families (from many organizations, including Make a Wish) that stay at Give Kids the World.

I have sent emails, made some phone calls and the "final" answer from Disney PhotoPass is that families staying at Give Kids the World have to pay the full price for PhotoPass CD's.

These families have magical moments on their trips that are only captured on PhotoPass. These are treasured by many of these families.

So - I am officially protesting the decision by Disney PhotoPass to continue to charge these families $149 for the CD of their pictures.

I am confident that Disney will change their policy - and when they do, I will do a THANK YOU campaign, too!

I am protesting in 2 ways:

TWITTER:
I am sending out the following message on Twitter and asking all of my Twitter friends to RETWEET it so as many people as possible can be aware of the issue!

This is what I am tweeting:

FW this tweet if you agree that Give Kids the World Wish Families should get a big discount on Disney PhotoPass!

LETTERS:

I am also asking everyone I know to send letters directly to Disney PhotoPass asking them to offer a deep discount to the families staying at Give Kids the World! The letter can be very simple. Maybe your kids even want to draw a picture and just write a short sentence on the bottom of it? We just want a bunch of letters to go out about this.

Here is the address:

Disney Photo Imaging
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Thank you so much for your help! Feel free to forward this information!

Last edited by maroo; 10-23-2009 at 04:05 PM.
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #2
DrCavin
DIS Veteran

How much is it when staying on-site?
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
maroo
DIS Veteran

We currently think it is $99 for SOME people staying onsite.

They will get an email from Disney Destinations saying that they can pre-purchase at a discount.

But this excludes the Wish Families.
maroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:36 AM   #4
jrmasm
Last time I checked, it was still the thought that counted
Wanna debate that topic?
So elegant but goofy!!

I hope this doesn't come off as insensitive but why does any one need a Photopass cd?

We've captured plenty of memories with our own camera. And Photopass photographers aren't exactly known for their incredible talent.
jrmasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:42 AM   #5
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmasm View Post
I hope this doesn't come off as insensitive but why does any one need a Photopass cd?

We've captured plenty of memories with our own camera. And Photopass photographers aren't exactly known for their incredible talent.
I was thinking the same thing. Same here. We caught much nicer pictures with our own camera. The photographers have no way of knowing what would be important to you.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchfans View Post
I was thinking the same thing. Same here. We caught much nicer pictures with our own camera. The photographers have no way of knowing what would be important to you.
I'm guessing because it might be the last pictures some people will have of their loved ones in a semi-happy time, and also because the entire family can get in the pictures, without having to depend on strangers to take pictures for you. Seems reasonable to me that people living through difficult times such as those which would afford them a Wish trip be afforded a discount.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:02 AM   #7
Stitchfans
Tres Charming
I cry at a drop of a hat
55 scares me
Can you dip the shortbread in chocolate?
*~*The T.F*~*
let the stupidity begin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom View Post
I'm guessing because it might be the last pictures some people will have of their loved ones in a semi-happy time, and also because the entire family can get in the pictures, without having to depend on strangers to take pictures for you.
My point exactly. AS said by another person, not to be insensitive, but the photographer is a stranger. The photographer wouldn't know what exactly is important to your family. What shot the family will like to have. There are plenty of CMs around to take the group shots. IMO the Photopass CD isn't worth the money when from what I hear so often, there are quite a few pictures which end up as a waste cause they aren't important to the family, or it didn't turn out.

JMO- I prefer my own shots.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

I refuse to get all angsty just because I think a company should give someone a discount.
sbell111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #9
allison443
DIS Veteran

OP do the wish families have to pay for their own photopass or does the sponsoring organization pay for it? If they pay for their own, maybe the organization could make up the extra $50 so they could get the cd?

Just wondering, bc I am not familiar with how it works?

allison443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #10
DancingBear
DIS Veteran

Make a Wish and similar supporting groups do great work, but it's hard to see why this particular item should be an issue. Couldn't you just as easily say Disney should give them discounts on rooms, food, souvenirs, etc.? Disney does support these things in some way, don't they?

http://disney.go.com/disneyhand/comp...hgranting.html
http://www.wish.org/supporters/curre...disney_company
DancingBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:38 AM   #11
Mickey Fliers
(Not so)Tagless
"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. And sometimes, it rains"
Don't hate me for the love of the boy band

Location: Until the Navy says otherwise: Yokosuka, Kanagawa, Japan

Much more economical resolution...

Just hand your camera to the Photopass photographer. They will happily snap the shot with your own camera. Problem solved.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #12
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

I agree, there are many things onsite guests have that off site does not (EMH for one)

I feel your passion for this great cause, but I agree with Disney. Sorry!
Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #13
Disneyadore
DIS Veteran

I don't think you are doing yourself and the Wish Kids organizations a favor by trying the blackmail them or try to work on there feelings.
This whole public act could very well backfire on yourself. Sorry but I'm with Disney on this one.
Disneyadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:09 PM   #14
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyadore View Post
I don't think you are doing yourself and the Wish Kids organizations a favor by trying the blackmail them or try to work on there feelings.
This whole public act could very well backfire on yourself. Sorry but I'm with Disney on this one.
I agree.

~Be your own inspiration~
Mermaid02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:13 PM   #15
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If it weren't for photopass, I'd have very few family pictures. Our oldest DS lives away from us, and vacations are about the only time I have all 4 of my kids together. And, since I'm always the one lugging the camera and the one who actually thinks about pictures, there aren't any pictures of me unless we nab a photopass photographer to take one of us all.

We've asked a photopass photographer to use our camera before, and we were told they aren't supposed to do that.

And I think it sucks that offsiters can't use the preorder discount anymore. When Disney comes up with a reasonably priced villa that my family of 6 can stay in, we'll stay onsite. Even with their gouging on raising parking and the photopass, it's still much cheaper to stay offsite. But that's a whole 'nother topic

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: