Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
S <3 M
Planning my fairytale

Rose petals

is it true that you can't use fake rose petals?? HOw much does Disney charge for them. Can you bring your own and set it up yourself? Do you have to clean them up as well?
S <3 M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
Wish on a Star
DIS Veteran

You cant use fake petals outside- if they blow into the water- birds might eat them.
If you are planning to use the petals for a staged exit- I was quoted at 2.50 per guest.
For tables I was quoted $25 for a roman style table and 15 for the cake table.

Hope this helps.
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2009, 05:48 PM   #3
S <3 M
Planning my fairytale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish on a Star View Post
You cant use fake petals outside- if they blow into the water- birds might eat them.
If you are planning to use the petals for a staged exit- I was quoted at 2.50 per guest.
For tables I was quoted $25 for a roman style table and 15 for the cake table.

Hope this helps.
Do you can use fake ones inside WP for decorations?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #4
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Yes, you can use fake ones inside. You can also buy your own real petals - either freeze-dried or fresh - from an outside vendor as long as you put them down yourself.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:59 PM   #5
S <3 M
Planning my fairytale

Has anyone used fake leaves for their fall wedding? Does it look funny if i do? Any pictures?
Old 10-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
flowerbelle
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=lurkyloo;33768239]Yes, you can use fake ones inside. You can also buy your own real petals - either freeze-dried or fresh - from an outside vendor as long as you put them down yourself.[/QUOTE/]

WOW! You can use fake petals inside the Wedding pavilion??? I'm so excited to hear this! I thought you could only use REAL petals everywhere! How about in the ballrooms?? Can you use fake petals for decoration there?? And if you provide your own fake petals in the WP (to lay on the ground next to the aisle runner), must you have someone to clean it up afterwards??? Or will Disney do this for you? How about the ballroom reception--on the cake table?? THANKS SO MUCH!!!
flowerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #7
lurkyloo

Yes - you can use the fake petals inside anywhere - the only exception would be venues at Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Lodge, where they have certain restrictions to protect the animals that extend to indoor venues (like Jiko's Wine Room).

You don't have to clean them up - Disney does all the cleanup after events regardless of what's been left behind and where it came from.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #8
flowerbelle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Yes - you can use the fake petals inside anywhere - the only exception would be venues at Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Lodge, where they have certain restrictions to protect the animals that extend to indoor venues (like Jiko's Wine Room).

You don't have to clean them up - Disney does all the cleanup after events regardless of what's been left behind and where it came from.

Lurkyloo, you just about made my DAY!!! This will really help me with my budget. And no clean up too??? I was thinking I'd have to assign people in the wedding party to start picking up the petals as soon as we gt our photos taken at the WP--hahaha!! I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy with that. THANKS again!!!
Old 10-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #9
rebecca_boo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerbelle View Post
Lurkyloo, you just about made my DAY!!! This will really help me with my budget. And no clean up too??? I was thinking I'd have to assign people in the wedding party to start picking up the petals as soon as we gt our photos taken at the WP--hahaha!! I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy with that. THANKS again!!!
LOL! I might make my son pick up some for me to keep!
rebecca_boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:08 PM   #10
DisneyLover12.24.09
Earning My Ears

has anyone had any experience with the real rose petals. i want to use them in the aisle but am afraid after everyone walking on them, they will stain the bottom of my dress??
DisneyLover12.24.09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:10 PM   #11
flowerbelle
Mouseketeer

Good question Disneylover12.24.09!! I was also curious about this as well, but had forgotten about asking it altogether. I'd like to use REAL dark red rose petals for the petal toss (staged exit) and had been told by my sister that it may stain my dress and that I should inquire further about this....so to all previous brides with REAL rose petals, did it stain your dresses when you used REAL petals for the petal toss???? Should this be a concern?? Thanks for any help and advice!!

Last edited by flowerbelle; 10-06-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
MainStMandy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerbelle View Post
Good question Disneylover12.24.09!! I was also curious about this as well, but had forgotten about asking it altogether. I'd like to use REAL dark red rose petals for the petal toss (staged exit) and had been told by my sister that it may stain my dress and that I should inquire further about this....so to all previous brides with REAL rose petals, did it stain your dresses when you used REAL petals for the petal toss???? Should this be a concern?? Thanks for any help and advice!!
We are using dark pink petals and our WP said they put them mostly toward the outside of the aisle to reduce the risk of them staining my dress.
MainStMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #13
kcampbell
Disney Girl

I had dark pink petals as well as light pink & white down the aisle and honestly I didn't have any petal staining on that I know of. The bottom of my dress was so black by the end of the night & MK shoot from just normal dirt etc that I couldn't tell you if any was actually from the petals.

Most likely you should be able to get any stains out when you have your dress cleaned so i don't think you should be too worried about it.

KEC ~ Disney's BoardWalk~ 12/6/08
Welcome Cocktail Party: Martha's Vineyard Lounge
Rehearsal: The Attic
Ceremony:Sea Breeze Point
Reception: St. James Room and Promenade Ballroom
Farewell Brunch: Whitehall Room and Patio
Follow me on twitter! kcampbell722
kcampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #14
flowerbelle
Mouseketeer

Thanks ladies! I figured that that naturally the bottom of my dress while probably be dirty by the end of the night anyways ...I guess I was just wondering mostly about the top part of the dress when fresh rose petals are tossed...they can land on your dress (top area) and/or brush past your dress...would that cause stains?? Have brides experienced this??
Old 10-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #15
lurkyloo

I had hot pink rose petals land IN my bodice during the petal toss (you can see me fishing them out in the video ) and there was no staining.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: