Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #1
bella-alexander
Mouseketeer

just got back!! and VERY dissapointed in disney=[

ok, let me start off by saying i LOVE WDW!! we had a GREAT time=] we were there from oct 10th- oct 18th (we did MNSSHP on the 13th). it was brutally hot for the first 4 days but then got much cooler and more plesent twards the end of our trip. the crowds were vdery small. we did not wait more then 20 minutes for anything! we were there for a good amount of time so we were able to do all 4 parks. we did epcot twice bc we saw the least of it the first time around(but so wish we would have done MK a second time). the kids had a blast and so did we=] now i cant wait to go back!!
ok, so the reason i say i am very dissappointed in disney is for this reason...on our last day we had already done all the parks. so we decided to revisit the one we had seen the least of wich was Epcot. so, on saturday oct 17th we did Epcot. we had noticed that it had been unusually crowded that day. it was almost impossible to walk through the world showcase. it seemed very odd bc all week the crowd was VERY small. we chalked it up to just being a saturday and it was busier then usual. so, as the day went on we noticed the crowd getting thicker and very rawdy? we noticed that there was ALOT of drinking going on. now, i am not uptight about drinking let me just say that. although i am not a drinker my own husband was enjoying a few drinks as we went through the food and wine festival. but he was drinking responsibly. so, as a mother of 3 small children ages 8,4, and 9 months. i started to get nervous that maybe it was getting too rough for them. we were also with another family and they noticed it as well. so as day went to night it became out of control!! we were pretty much being tossed around in the drunken crowds, a very large drunk man FELL into the stroller that my 9 month old son was in!!! i wanted to go to the ladiesroom to change my son and literally had to step over a women who was face down in her own vomit bc she was so drunk!!! i asked my husband to walk me there bc i was afarid to walk on my own!!! and these were just 2 of the MANY instances like this throughout the night. i mean HELLO WE ARE IN WDW!!!!!!!! i would totally expect this in a bar or even in a place like cancoon where i would be prepared for this!! but not WDW!!! there were small children everywhere!!! so after i had to step over the passed out drunk i had had enough and told dh we had to go=[ the other family agreed and we left without even seeing the fireworks=[ i was just very saddened that WDW could allow something like this to happen in one of their parks. if people cant be responsible while drinking around children then they needed to put a limit on how much they were serving people. we stopped at guest services on the way out to let them know how we felt. and yes, they gave us our day back, but it dosnt change the way we felt in that park that day. which makes me VERY sad...

Old 10-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
TLinden16
Scotty and Ray at Jellyrolls RULE!!! *poke* *poke*
Operating under the influence of Colin Farrell's eyes

I'm going to move this over to our trip report board.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-20-2009, 10:21 PM   #3
dburg30
Ferb, I know what we're going to do today! Yes, I'm a middle aged guy that loves Disney

Sorry you had to deal with that to end your trip. I've seen people pretty 'swervy' during just a normal non-special day at Epcot!!

For future reference, a capital letter here or there makes long posts like this much easier to read. I had a heck of a time getting thru the post.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #4
misskate
Mouseketeer

I'm glad the rest of your trip was pleasant! You should be disappointed that you had to deal with that nonsense during your trip. Disney is at it's heart a family friendly resort and that behavior is not family friendly. Disappointing, for sure!

Feb 2010: POFQ...a Disney Baby!
March 2011: Coronado Springs...Ohana! (aka No More Disney Babies for us! )
Old 10-21-2009, 02:31 AM   #5
heartofdisney
Mouseketeer

I bet Walt Disney would be rolling over in his grave if he knew families with young children couldn't enjoy themselves because thier were uncontrolled drunken people .I agree...Disney should be held to just as much responsibility in how much they serve one person as a bar. God forbid one of these drunk people are using a car and have an accident after leaving the park. What if they killed an innocent family,while still on Disney property? I would think TPTB would take this into consideration and find some way to limit the alcohol consumption in thier park. Or maybe they are just too concerned about the almight dollar? Don't get me wrong,I love Disney World,but I love my family much more,just as million of thier guests do.Walt Disney had a family friendly park in mind,not a park for drunks.
-POFQ - August 28-September 6,2009

My first trip report-A spoonful of sugar helps to keep my mouth shut!
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2301208

We are going back!!! And bringing a new family member with us!!! April 7- 15, 2013
Old 10-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
bella-alexander
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dburg30 View Post
Sorry you had to deal with that to end your trip. I've seen people pretty 'swervy' during just a normal non-special day at Epcot!!

For future reference, a capital letter here or there makes long posts like this much easier to read. I had a heck of a time getting thru the post.
lol sorry, i had a baby in my lap and was typing one handed haha...as i do right now...

Old 10-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #7
bella-alexander
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskate View Post
I'm glad the rest of your trip was pleasant! You should be disappointed that you had to deal with that nonsense during your trip. Disney is at it's heart a family friendly resort and that behavior is not family friendly. Disappointing, for sure!
thats what it was, just really dissapointing. my husband and i have had our share of wild nights lol. but, there is a time and place for it and WDW is definately not it...

Old 10-21-2009, 01:50 PM   #8
bella-alexander
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartofdisney View Post
I bet Walt Disney would be rolling over in his grave if he knew families with young children couldn't enjoy themselves because thier were uncontrolled drunken people .I agree...Disney should be held to just as much responsibility in how much they serve one person as a bar. God forbid one of these drunk people are using a car and have an accident after leaving the park. What if they killed an innocent family,while still on Disney property? I would think TPTB would take this into consideration and find some way to limit the alcohol consumption in thier park. Or maybe they are just too concerned about the almight dollar? Don't get me wrong,I love Disney World,but I love my family much more,just as million of thier guests do.Walt Disney had a family friendly park in mind,not a park for drunks.
you know that was also alot of the reason we left! i didnt want to be getting out of the parking lot with all these people!! i had my children in the car!! i was just really SHOCKED by it all. this was our 3rd trip to WDW and we never experienced anything like this before. my husband had a really good idea in providing everyone with braclets that had to be stamped everytime they were served a drink, this way they know if someone has had too much they will no longer serve them. i mean, you should not have to do that to ADULTS that you think would know better while around children, but apparently they dont!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: