Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2009, 10:29 PM   #16
mollygirl13
DIS Veteran

Loved your review!

Yay Phillies!!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:55 PM   #17
cousinbb
Burn the Bridge of Retreat

Thanks for reading Mollygirl13!

Wed. at Magic Kingdom. Drunch at Tony's Restaurant at 2:45.

Our morning started out as usual. Waking up at 7 a.m., eating breakfast, then heading off to a park. This time it was Magic Kingdom! We actually got their at rope drop. I was shocked to tell you the truth. This was my first time seeing it. It's really cool. After entering the park, Bethany decided to go to City Hall and ask about her cell phone. I had forgotten to write in the MGM report that Bethany realized she lost her phone AFTER coming back to the resort at the end of the day. The CM told her she would be able to pick it up at the MGM guest services. She decided to travel there while they rest of us explored MK a little. Shannon, Nicole, Lisa and I started walking down Main Street of course. We saw some CMs hula hooping and Shannon and Nicole decided to join in. lol

After that, the girls took some pictures of the castle and we headed to Fantasyland by walking through the castle. I love the murals inside. When we were done oohing and ahhing, we went into the Tinkerbell store - not sure what the actual name of it is-. The girls bought some gifts for their sisters and themselves. They all LOVE Tinkerbel. Here is Shannon looking at something inside the store.

The girls and I didn't want to ride any rides until Bethany came back so we decided to check out Toontown. We entered that really big store that looks like a circus tent. I took a picture of these because I just thought of how scary an army of purple ponies would be.

We called Bethany after buying lots of goodies and she said she just got her phone and is on her way back to Magic Kingdom. We asked if there was a ride she didn't want to get on and she mentioned Splash Mountain. Okey dokeys, that's where we're going then. There was only a 10 minute wait and the ride was awesome as always. No getting stuck this time . Lisa called Bethany again after the ride and she told us she was in Magic Kingdom. We told her to meet us at Splash Mountain. Finally, we can enjoy MK together.

Sorry readers but I'm going to have to stop here for now. I have alot more to tell, so keep checking back. Thanks!!

My Sept.trip report of 2008
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1964578
Our Italian waiter was flirting with us!!trip report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2313132
cousinbb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-25-2009, 11:13 AM   #18
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

im well known amongst my Dis friends for taking a liking to waiters...yours was lush !!

great reviews so far

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #19
mom2cookies
DIS Veteran

yay for Bethany for getting her phone back. Sounding like you guys were having a blast.

mom2cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #20
amccu18007
DIS Veteran

I am ejoying your review Sounds like you guys had a good time. Go Phils!
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #21
cousinbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalielongstaff View Post
im well known amongst my Dis friends for taking a liking to waiters...yours was lush !!

great reviews so far
LOL! Thank for the positive comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post
I am ejoying your review Sounds like you guys had a good time. Go Phils!
We had an AWESOME time! Most things went smoothly for us. Thanks for reading .

Old 12-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #22
cousinbb

Ok, I stopped at meeting Bethany at Splash Mountain. We were going to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, but the line was humongous! Since Pirates of the Caribbean was close by, we went there. The line, well there was no line. We all walked right on! I love the new things added, especially the misty fall of Davy Jones.

Afterwards, we went to see how long of a wait was at the Jungle Cruise. Eh, it was kinda long, so the five of us got fastpasses for only an hour later. We then went to see the famous Enchanted Tiki Room! One of my favorites.

Some of the girls started getting hungry since it was lunch time, so I suggested getting a Dole Whip. Aloha Isle was right around the corner,sort of lol. To the dismay of many disers I'm sure, I did not get a Dole Whip. I don't care for pineapple, but Bethany and Lisa loved it! Shannon, Nicole, and I got french fries somewhere else to share. After everyone was finished with their little snack, our fastpasses were up for the Jungle Cruise. It was a fun ride. We didn't know if we should laugh or groan at our joking skipper.
There was still time to kill before our drunch ressies, so we walked to the Haunted Mansion, which had zippo line. Another walk on for us was the It's a small world. You have to ride this legendary attraction. Magic Kingdom is meaningless without it.

We wanted to get on the other Fantasyland rides, but it was almost 2:45 and we had some distance to cover before we reached Tony's Town Square. I purposely chose 2:45 as our ressie so that we could see the parade. Luck was with us because we were seated right at the front window. Woohoo!! So our waitress came and
Shannon,Bethany and I ordered the Baked Ziti. Yum!

Lisa got the Shrimp scampi. She said it was delicious.

Nicole decided upon Chicken Parmigiana, which she loved.

We did see a little bit of the 3:00 parade. A few people went out on the porch and were standing right in our view, but who can blame them. We could've went out too, but the girls and I were too hungry.
Then it was onto desserts!
Bethany and I got Tiramisu again.

Shannon ordered Chocolate Galato.

Nicole and Lisa enjoyed the Icecream Bomb!

Our picture was taken right after we got our desserts.

Some pictures I took last year when I ate at this restaurant.

There's still more to write about our day in Magic Kingdom, but I will finish it some other day. Happy Holidays everyone!!

Last edited by cousinbb; 12-03-2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: misspellings
Old 12-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #23
Jerry@dvcstore
DIS Veteran

DISboards Approved Advertiser

Your trip looks like a blast and the food looks great.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:54 AM   #24
mom2cookies
DIS Veteran

Hey, we're waiting for more! what happened next

Old 12-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #25
cousinbb

First off, I want to apologize for taking sooo long to write again. It's the holidays!! who can blame me . Well the continuation of my Magic Kingdom day.

After our lovely drunch, the girls and I took our time and headed to Tomorrowland. I really really wanted to ride Space Mountain, but as I'm sure you all know, it was closed at the time. Oh well. We got in line for the hilarious show featuring Monster's Inc. When it ended, we walked straight across to Stitch's Great Escape and then rode Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.
In line for the Buzz ride

We didn't have to wait long at all on all three, which is great! The girls and I skipped Carousel of Progress, TTA, and the Indy Speedway, -which had a line a mile long-. Instead, we rode the teacups! Except for Lisa. Here is a pic of the girls who wanted to spin.

Yes, you're very brave Bethany and Shannon.
Nicole and I weren't as brave. Needless to say, we did not spin....at all.
Afterwards,Winnie the Pooh was calling our name and off we went to find him and his honey pots. This is such a fun ride! boing boing boing
Then we rode Snow White's Scary Adventures and Cinderella's Golden Carrousel. I think I named my horse Sunshine lol. I can't remember what the others called theirs.

You can see Lisa in the background lol.

Now for one of the best parts of Magic Kingdom-in my opinion-.....Mickey's Philhar Magic 3-D Spectaular!!!! This is my favorite, favorite, favorite 3-D show in all of WDW. The smell of apple pie and the wind blowing through your hair!! aaaaahhhhhh Yeah, it's the best.
We wanted to ride Peter Pan Flight and Dumbo, but the lines were outragous, so on we went to Frontierland to see what the wait was for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It wasn't too bad, so we got in line.

Bethany was a little nervous. This was her first time riding it. I believe she closed her eyes the whole time and held that bar so tight, her knuckles were turning white lol. But she survived. BRAVO Bethany, BRAVO!
SpectroMagic would be starting very soon and I knew the perfect spot for it. As we made our way over to Main Street, an announcement came over the speakers that said...Magic Kingdom would be staying open an hour later!! Woot!! Was our luck with us or what!?!
After we got to my choice location of seeing the parade and fireworks, I took some pictures.
Here is Lisa sitting down, waiting patiently.

Bethany checking something out

Picture of Mickey balloons

Aaaand our view of the Castle

Sorry they're a little fuzzy.
Seeing the parade was firsts for everyone except me. We all LOVED it. With the parade over, we had to wait on the curb untill the fireworks started, then we could move out on the street. Untill then, I took these pictures of the castle.
The spooky version

and the pretty version

Again, sorry for the fuzziness.
Finally, we could hear Jiminy Cricket and Wishes started!! Are they the best or what? With the little kid singing that beautiful song that brings a tear to many eyes and the spectacular storyline and firework display is definitely the greatest way to end the day.
But that was not the end for us. Nope. We still had an hour of fun left!! The girls and I made a beeline for Peter Pan's Flight then onto Dumbo and with the few minutes left after these, Cinderella's Carrousel.
Phew! What a funfilled day. We went "home" happy and fell asleep very quickly, ready for Animal Kingdom the next day.

Old 12-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #26
cousinbb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry@dvcstore View Post
Your trip looks like a blast and the food looks great.
Thanks for reading Jerry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2cookies View Post
Hey, we're waiting for more! what happened next
I know I know Sorry

Old 12-31-2009, 02:57 PM   #27
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Great review...can't wait to read AK day

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Pooh&OurHunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 12:26 PM   #28
mom2cookies
DIS Veteran

simply loverly!

Looking forward to reading more and more LOL.

Can i come next time puuuuleaze?

Old 01-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #29
cousinbb

Finally can tell ya'll about my Animal Kingdom day!

The girls and I didn't really bother waking up early since we could do everything we wanted to do in a decent amount of time. After eating breakfast and riding the bus, we got to the park around 9:30ish. A nice woman took this picture for us.

First thing we did upon entering the Animal Kingdom park was It's Tough to be a Bug. That's a really cool 3-D show, except for maybe the little little kids.
We were all hyped about riding Everest, except for Bethany, but we took a quick detour to get DRENCHED on Kali River Rapids. Yeah, guess who got the "unlucky" seat the first time around. Me We rode with a very nice family of 4 who had already ridden it 5 times! When we got off, all of us decided to ride again. We ended up riding with a.....Yankees fan. Shannon and Nicole were wearing Phillies shirts and I thought for sure there would be some fun talk about the rival teams, but there wasn't. -Little did we know that the Yankees would be kicking our butts in the World Series- Oh well, still thought it was funny how that ended up.....Anyways!!!
After Kali River Rapids, we went to Expedition Everest, the best rollercoaster in WDW. The line was a little long, so we opted for fastpasses that were for an hour and a half later. To kill time, the girls and I went to see Nemo, the musical. I got this picture while waiting for it to start.

The show ended just as our fastpasses for Everest were up. Yippi!!! We practically ran to the attraction in excitement. lol I really wanted front row, but since this was Shannon's first ride, we settled for middle. It's loads of fun where ever you sit. I LOVE it.
Coming off of Everest, we were all feeling kinda hungry. Shannon could smell the Asian food from the Yak and Yeti and decided to pick something up there. Since the rest of us don't really care for Asian food, we chose to eat at the Flame Tree Barbecue after Shannon got her lunch.
Here is Shannon in line

Bethany patiently waiting

And a picture of the sun through the trees

When Shannon got her goodies, all of us walked to Flame Tree Barbecue, ordered out lunch, and sat down in the shaded area. Sorry I didn't take any pictures of our awesome lunch of pulled pork sandwiches and half chickens but I did take pictures of the ceiling and poles.......heh. Aren't you excited?!?
I thought so.

When our lunch was over and seeing that Dinoland was very close by, we walked on over there to ride Dinosaur!! Scary...... Yes it is scary! I always close my eyes on this ride. The dinosaurs are just a little too close for me lol. Lisa and I only rode it once, but the rest of them decided to try it again. I took this very awful, fuzzy picture of them.
Bethany Nicole and Shannon in the front row

I think they were a little scared too. lol
We decided to ride that little dinosaur ride that goes up and down next. Woohoo! Up and down, Up and down. The best rides I tell you.
Shannon being Shannon

Bethany and Nicole

Shannon and Nicole also rode the dizzy dinosaur rollercoaster while the rest of us took a bathroom break.
We left Dinoland and headed to ride Kilomanjaro Safari. Unfortunately, the parade was just about to start and they wouldnt let us by to go towards that area. We were, however, able to get into Camp MinniMickey. The 4:00 show for The Festival of the Lion King wasn't up yet so we weren't sure what to do. Lucky for us, the characters were coming out for the last time of the day. We got so many autographs including Mickey, Minnie, Pocohantas, Koda, Kenai, and Meeko. That was so awesome.
By the time we were done hanging out with the characters, the festival was about to start. The girls and I sat in the Warthog section. I really like this "broadway" show. One of my top favorites and best ways to end the day. We left Animal Kingdom right after the show because we had to get ready for Hoop de do Review at 9:00. I'll tell you all about it in a later report.
Thanks for reading!

Old 01-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #30
Raine684
Earning My Ears

Wait! but, but... I finally found it, you can't just stop there! Suppose I'll just sit back and wait and eat my popcorn... ~Cuz

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: