Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-04-2009, 06:45 PM   #151
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Talk to Becky!!! Ally is really into AG! they just recently went to a show for them.

I get the catalogs all the time there are some really beautiful dolls...I'm just so happy that Gwendolyn was only into the books when she was young and we missed out on this one!
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:02 PM   #152
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leamom2princesses View Post
Thank you so much! Your daughter was too cute in her Minnie costume also. She is going to have so much fun when you take her to BBB.
Thank you! I thought Lilian looked pretty cute too. but then again, I am biased. I am looking forward to BBB!!!!!

Thanks for mentioning where you got the template from for the pumpkins--I am looking forward to trying to do them next year. We have intended for the last few years to do them, but wait until the last minute and end up not having time.
September 2010 PTR

Charlefours is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-04-2009, 09:06 PM   #153
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
And you as well....if you're ever in Louisiana (for some gosh awful reason ), stop on by.
Me too!!! Where in LA are you? I am in Houma.

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:22 PM   #154
longing2Batdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave teacher View Post
Me too!!! Where in LA are you? I am in Houma.
Hi! Megan,
Lisa is from Monroe and I'm from Ponchatoula the dis world is getting smaller and smaller...
longing2Batdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #155
Brave teacher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Hi! Megan,
Lisa is from Monroe and I'm from Ponchatoula the dis world is getting smaller and smaller...
Man! It certainly is a small world!

Brave teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 11:00 AM   #156
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by longing2Batdisney View Post
Talk to Becky!!! Ally is really into AG! they just recently went to a show for them.

I get the catalogs all the time there are some really beautiful dolls...I'm just so happy that Gwendolyn was only into the books when she was young and we missed out on this one!
I was hoping that Becky would chime in but nothing yet. Hopefully she'll get on today and give me some tips. I think Mary has bought them before too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Thank you! I thought Lilian looked pretty cute too. but then again, I am biased. I am looking forward to BBB!!!!!

Thanks for mentioning where you got the template from for the pumpkins--I am looking forward to trying to do them next year. We have intended for the last few years to do them, but wait until the last minute and end up not having time.
Thanks Stephanie (is that your name I think it is?)! Where are you from in Michigan by the way? I grew up in Monroe, went to college at GMI in Flint and worked in Plymouth for Ford. My best bud in college is from Holland and I've spent a lot of time there too. My girls get a huge kick out of pumpkin carving. It's become a family tradition.
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

"Now That's What I'm Talkin' 'Bout!" May 2010 TR
Heading Back To Princess Josie's Castle - May 2010 PTR
Downpours, DIS Meets, & The Dining Plan - May 09 TR
We're Going Back - May 09 PTR
leamom2princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:35 PM   #157
racefanof88
DIS Veteran

Hey Girl, sorry I have been MIA. I would have sworn I commented on the Halloween pictures. Those cupcakes look so cute and yummy and you know I think the girls are beautiful. We ended up staying home Halloween night and my niece came over with her baby.

It is so sad about your friend's son. How tragic. It really makes you stop and think about life and what is important. I tell my family how much I love them every day. Don't ask them if I'm nice every day though .

24 TRIPS AND COUNTING
racefanof88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:25 PM   #158
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I was hoping that Becky would chime in but nothing yet. Hopefully she'll get on today and give me some tips. I think Mary has bought them before too.
I'm here!! Sorry--I tried 2 times to login last night and it said the board was down for maintenance! Uggh!! I was having withdrawals!! What kinds of dolls are the girls looking at? Historicals, Just Like You, Bitty Baby, Bitty Twins? Do they have a catalog? Ally is getting Kit for Christmas--she's been wanting her ever since she saw the movie last year. We've also read her stories (which helps b/c she knows the story behind the doll). Claire got a Bitty Baby for her birthday and will be getting some accessories/furniture for her doll. Ally LOVES to dress like her dolls. Oh--and on the Disney Store website in the Disney Parks section--they sell the Disney Girl princess outfits that fit any 18 inch doll. I bought Ally a few for Christmas!! If you have any AG questions let me know! I'd be glad to help in any way I can!!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #159
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefanof88 View Post
Hey Girl, sorry I have been MIA. I would have sworn I commented on the Halloween pictures. Those cupcakes look so cute and yummy and you know I think the girls are beautiful. We ended up staying home Halloween night and my niece came over with her baby.

It is so sad about your friend's son. How tragic. It really makes you stop and think about life and what is important. I tell my family how much I love them every day. Don't ask them if I'm nice every day though .
Thanks Dana! Life is incredibly short-we say I love you a lot around here too after my sister passed away. Your neices baby is a doll in his little monkey suit. Too cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
I'm here!! Sorry--I tried 2 times to login last night and it said the board was down for maintenance! Uggh!! I was having withdrawals!! What kinds of dolls are the girls looking at? Historicals, Just Like You, Bitty Baby, Bitty Twins? Do they have a catalog? Ally is getting Kit for Christmas--she's been wanting her ever since she saw the movie last year. We've also read her stories (which helps b/c she knows the story behind the doll). Claire got a Bitty Baby for her birthday and will be getting some accessories/furniture for her doll. Ally LOVES to dress like her dolls. Oh--and on the Disney Store website in the Disney Parks section--they sell the Disney Girl princess outfits that fit any 18 inch doll. I bought Ally a few for Christmas!! If you have any AG questions let me know! I'd be glad to help in any way I can!!
I'm thinking the Just like you dolls would work best for the first one. Is there any place to get discounts? The shipping for two dolls at AG is $23. We did order the catalog and of course the girls want everything. I'd have to take on another job or two. Joe's mom is going to buy them three outfits a piece. What do you think?
Past trips: 3/87 Offsite, 3/99 Offsite, 5/03 ASports, 5/06 Offsite, 5/07 CBR, 5/08 POFQ, 5/09 CBR, 5/10 AKL-KV, 7/10 SSR, 10/10 WLV & AKV-Kidani, 11/10 Offsite, 4/11 AKV, 10/11 SSR, 06/12 BCV, 9/12 SoG, 4/13 SoG, 10/13 AULANI!!! 1/14 Swan & Dolphin, 2/14 SoG, 11/14 Fort Wilderness

Old 11-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #160
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Sorry I am behind, buried in boxes LOL
Avery got Samantha for her bday. SHe is now retired. She looks like Avery and I like the historical ones. I also just found a small Smantha and book at Costco. I am also ordering the ice skating outfit from the catalog for Christmas-the one she asked Santa for. She starts skating lessons on Sat
Old 11-05-2009, 08:51 PM   #161
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks Stephanie (is that your name I think it is?)! Where are you from in Michigan by the way? I grew up in Monroe, went to college at GMI in Flint and worked in Plymouth for Ford. My best bud in college is from Holland and I've spent a lot of time there too. My girls get a huge kick out of pumpkin carving. It's become a family tradition.
Yup, Stephanie it is We are in Canton Township which you are most likely familiar with since we are right near Plymouth. We are familiar with Monroe too. My husband grew up here in Canton but I am from southern Indiana originally.

Quote:

I'm thinking the Just like you dolls would work best for the first one. Is there any place to get discounts? The shipping for two dolls at AG is $23. We did order the catalog and of course the girls want everything. I'd have to take on another job or two. Joe's mom is going to buy them three outfits a piece. What do you think?
AG is a huge thing for Lilian's honorary grandmother to get her. She got her the Bitty Baby last Christmas and will be adding to the obsession by getting her clothes and accessories this Christmas. As she says, She is the AG Grammie and to leave that to her!! It was actually really cute because one day we got the catalog in the mail. Lilian sat down on the floor in the kitchen and started saying she wanted this and that. I said you need to tell Grammie the next time we see her (that following weekend). She made sure we packed the catalog and sat on Grammie's lap and showed her what she wanted. Grammie about died thinking it was so cute.

If you are not afraid, you could look into Ebay for the furniture. I know Grammie has been collecting like new sets from there for Lilian for when she is older and gets her big 18 doll. Of course, at Disney we are doing the My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party and she will get the Disney version of AG there at the party. She will be so excited!! Grammie may have to give up the furniture sooner rather than later.
September 2010 PTR

Charlefours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 10:05 PM   #162
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ally got a JLY doll this summer when we went to the AG store in Dallas and she just LOVES her!! She even got her ears pierced!! Every once in awhile there will be a free shipping code--there was just one out that expired on Saturday. I will let you know if there are anymore before Christmas. QVC also sells AG doll sets where you can save a good amount but they just had the AG show about 2 weeks ago. Three outfits a piece sounds good. Target sells Our Generation dolls (definitely not AG quality) but they make some nice accessories/furniture that is much cheaper than AG (ex. bathtub, kitchen, luggage set, sleeping bags, etc.) Their outfits are ok but the shoes that come with them are awful. I found a store on Ebay (Ann Loren) where you can buy super cheap boutique style girl outfits (if you wait and bid you can get them very cheap)--and they sell the matching 18 inch doll clothes--soooo cute and inexpensive!!
Old 11-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #163
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Sorry I am behind, buried in boxes LOL
Avery got Samantha for her bday. SHe is now retired. She looks like Avery and I like the historical ones. I also just found a small Smantha and book at Costco. I am also ordering the ice skating outfit from the catalog for Christmas-the one she asked Santa for. She starts skating lessons on Sat
Congrats again on DVC! Wish I could talk Joe into it....maybe one of these days. I've looked at the historical dolls also. I just don't think Josie will appreciate them just yet so I think I'm going with the JLY dolls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Yup, Stephanie it is We are in Canton Township which you are most likely familiar with since we are right near Plymouth. We are familiar with Monroe too. My husband grew up here in Canton but I am from southern Indiana originally.

AG is a huge thing for Lilian's honorary grandmother to get her. She got her the Bitty Baby last Christmas and will be adding to the obsession by getting her clothes and accessories this Christmas. As she says, She is the AG Grammie and to leave that to her!! It was actually really cute because one day we got the catalog in the mail. Lilian sat down on the floor in the kitchen and started saying she wanted this and that. I said you need to tell Grammie the next time we see her (that following weekend). She made sure we packed the catalog and sat on Grammie's lap and showed her what she wanted. Grammie about died thinking it was so cute.

If you are not afraid, you could look into Ebay for the furniture. I know Grammie has been collecting like new sets from there for Lilian for when she is older and gets her big 18 doll. Of course, at Disney we are doing the My Disney Girl's Perfectly Princess Tea Party and she will get the Disney version of AG there at the party. She will be so excited!! Grammie may have to give up the furniture sooner rather than later.
Yep, I know Canton. The girls are really wanting AG for Christmas so I guess I will break down and get it for them. Originally Nana was buying the dolls but on Sunday (after two months of discussion) she changed her mind. We may need to check out the Tea Party if they really get into them. I bought Lindsey's doll a retired new girl scout outfit (since she's a scout) and I bought Josies' doll and outfit from ebay. I hope I'm not disappointed when they get here. Hopefully they will play with them longer than Christmas day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
Ally got a JLY doll this summer when we went to the AG store in Dallas and she just LOVES her!! She even got her ears pierced!! Every once in awhile there will be a free shipping code--there was just one out that expired on Saturday. I will let you know if there are anymore before Christmas. QVC also sells AG doll sets where you can save a good amount but they just had the AG show about 2 weeks ago. Three outfits a piece sounds good. Target sells Our Generation dolls (definitely not AG quality) but they make some nice accessories/furniture that is much cheaper than AG (ex. bathtub, kitchen, luggage set, sleeping bags, etc.) Their outfits are ok but the shoes that come with them are awful. I found a store on Ebay (Ann Loren) where you can buy super cheap boutique style girl outfits (if you wait and bid you can get them very cheap)--and they sell the matching 18 inch doll clothes--soooo cute and inexpensive!!
Thanks for the tips Becky. Up until Sunday Joe's Mom was buying the dolls. I wish she would have changed her mind a day earlier so I could have taken advantage of free shipping. Prolly getting Josie carmel hair blue eyes and Lindsey med brown, blue eyes, earrings and freckles. They want the silly Zhu Zhu pets also so I will be at Walmart at midnight tomorrow....oh the sacrifices. Have you started your Christmas shopping? I bought the girls some DVD's at Walmart.com. I preorderd G-Force, Night at the Museum, Star Trek, 4 Christmases, and Santa Buddies. (Two for Joe and three for the girls). They were only $10 each and free shipping. Can't beat that!

Old 11-06-2009, 11:01 PM   #164
leamom2princesses
DIS Veteran

Sorry for being MIA...I have orders for two cakes this weekend. Delivered one tonight at a 40th bday party for a friend and have one due tomorrow at 9:30am makeover princess party. I'm still working on it... It's going be a late night. I'll post some pics when things slow down. Have a great weekend!

Leanne

Old 11-06-2009, 11:05 PM   #165
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for the tips Becky. Up until Sunday Joe's Mom was buying the dolls. I wish she would have changed her mind a day earlier so I could have taken advantage of free shipping. Prolly getting Josie carmel hair blue eyes and Lindsey med brown, blue eyes, earrings and freckles. They want the silly Zhu Zhu pets also so I will be at Walmart at midnight tomorrow....oh the sacrifices. Have you started your Christmas shopping? I bought the girls some DVD's at Walmart.com. I preorderd G-Force, Night at the Museum, Star Trek, 4 Christmases, and Santa Buddies. (Two for Joe and three for the girls). They were only $10 each and free shipping. Can't beat that!
No problem!! Yes, I've heard that the Zhu Zhu pets are very popular this year. Ally has no idea what they are (thank goodness)!! I'm pretty much done shopping for the girls for Christmas. I mostly shopped online at American Girl And The Disney Store!! That's a GREAT deal on the DVD's!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: