Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
Belle2007
Mouseketeer

Two Trips ~ Two States ~ DL and WDW in Two Months ~ Halloween & Christmas

Welcome to my pre-trip report for the Two-trips, Two states ~DL & WDW in two months (almost) pre-trip report for the celebrations of Halloween and Christmas!

~ Cast ~ Me (37) and DH (38) & another couple for DL

~Background~ We have been married for seven years in August. We are both Disney crazy and love spending our vacations in WDW. Although, there was ten years between our first and second trips (which won’t happen again!) Last year, we went on two Disney cruises. DH loves Halloween. I mean, LOVES, Halloween! Our second cruise (it was one awesome bounceback offer) ended with the Wonder decorating for Halloween, which I thought was really weird. It turns out that WDW begins decorating at the beginning of September. DH was so excited... thinking that I was surprising him with tickets to the MNSSHP... umm “No, honey. I didn’t surprise you...” Well, this year, we are going to be joining in on Mickey’s celebration in Disneyland!!!

We had planned to go on another cruise in December, but we have decided to move that and celebrate Christmas in WDW.

Thus, the title of Two Trips, Two States in Two Months.

~ Where we are staying~
DL: Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel
WDW: Probably Port Orleans French Quarter (this is my fav resort, but I may want to venture out)

~Dining Reservations~
DL: Blue Bayou

WDW: Definitely Cindy’s castle (DH Loves having dinner there). There will probably be a fight when the Beast’s castle is there.

We are just in the planning stages right now and nothing has been booked. I’m hoping that by writing out our plans helps me keep on track for both of the trips.

Up next... Rides we are and are not looking forward too!

POFQ 2007; Disney Cruise "Magic" 2009; Disney Cruise "Wonder" 2009; POFQ 2009; Disneyland 2010; WDW 2010; Disney Magic 2011; Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage 2012

Last edited by Belle2007; 05-13-2010 at 07:20 PM.
Belle2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
Belle2007
Mouseketeer

Rides we are and are not looking forward to!

Let me just start out by saying that I hate roller coasters. I mean reallly, REALLY, hate roller coasters.

I know there are those who enjoy the thrill of a coaster, the feel of the wind through their hair... but not me...

So, being the good wife that I am, when DH asked me to go on his favorite ride, Thunder Mountain, what could I do but agree. I do admit that I liked the scenery, but not the sign that said it was an actual roller coaster. I mean I knew, but then DH said it was an easy ride.

It's not an easy ride. It needs seat belts. No, really, it needs seat belts.

So, the one ride that I will not be going will be Thunder Mountain... adding to that will be Splash Mountain and Space Mountain... I guess ANY and ALL mountains!

Rides I am looking forward to in DL are:

Dumbo
Haunted Mansion Holiday
Fireworks Spooktacular
It's a Small World
Buzz Lightyear astro
King Arthur Carrousel
Storybook Land Canal Boats
Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
Mark Twain Riverboat
Tiki Room
Tarzan Treehouse

Not sure yet of:
Finding Nemo

And of course, Sleeping Beauty's Castle!!

POFQ 2007; Disney Cruise "Magic" 2009; Disney Cruise "Wonder" 2009; POFQ 2009; Disneyland 2010; WDW 2010; Disney Magic 2011; Disney Fantasy Maiden Voyage 2012

Last edited by Belle2007; 05-11-2010 at 07:26 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #3
HeatherBelle614
Always wishing on a star!

Hiii!

This will be our first Halloween trip, so I'm looking forward to reading your ideas, too!

We stayed at POFQ on our honeymoon; fantastic resort! Our list trip was at a Value (we paid for two rooms - ours and my parent's.) So, this will only be DH's second time for a mod!

I can't wait to hear about your DLR plans, too. I want to go there summer 2011 (for the first time.)

Working on a fantastic dream now; new ticker to come soon!
HeatherBelle614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #4
Belle2007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherBelle614 View Post
Hiii!

This will be our first Halloween trip, so I'm looking forward to reading your ideas, too!

We stayed at POFQ on our honeymoon; fantastic resort! Our list trip was at a Value (we paid for two rooms - ours and my parent's.) So, this will only be DH's second time for a mod!

I can't wait to hear about your DLR plans, too. I want to go there summer 2011 (for the first time.)
Hi Heather!! Welcome~ I so should have went to WDW for our honeymoon, but alas, I didn't want to fly so we opted to stay close to home.

I think the photopass folks will be doing 'special' pictures by the Haunted Mansion during the MNSSP. At least they were doing them last year.

So excited!!

Old 05-09-2010, 09:16 AM   #5
Belle2007
Mouseketeer

First Question. Should we purchase Ultimate Annual Passes?

We have our hotels pretty set along with the timeframes. Just need to decide whether we should or should not purchase ultimate annual passes.

I've been doing different rounds of math and I'm leaning towards buying them. We are looking to going to DL for 6 nights and then to WDW for at least 3 nights in December. I could probably talk DH into doing two more vacations next year too, I'm thinking. One probably in mid-September for another MNSSHP.

It would be nice to have (most likely) the hotel discounts. Perhaps we could even venture out and stay at a deluxe hotel, if I dare add??!?!

I mean $1400 is not an easy amount to go ahead and spend on something that we 'don't have to have'.

Ahhh, decisions, decisions.... let me go look at the math again!

Old 05-09-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Hi Peggy! I was so intrigued by the thought of DL and WDW in two months that I had to check out your PTR!

I love Port Orleans (both of them) - definitely my favorite. I really had to push myself to stay at CBR this time .Have you looked into Wilderness Lodge? It's so beautiful at Christmas time - the most Christmassy of all, IMHO.

Those Ultimate Annual Passes might just be the best deal for you guys - especially if you think you can work in a trip or two after the new year.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #7
HeatherBelle614

I say go for the passes if it is in your budget! What a better way to ensure more Disney related trips than that!

Old 05-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #8
Belle2007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepingbooty View Post
Hi Peggy! I was so intrigued by the thought of DL and WDW in two months that I had to check out your PTR!

I love Port Orleans (both of them) - definitely my favorite. I really had to push myself to stay at CBR this time .Have you looked into Wilderness Lodge? It's so beautiful at Christmas time - the most Christmassy of all, IMHO.

Those Ultimate Annual Passes might just be the best deal for you guys - especially if you think you can work in a trip or two after the new year.
Hi Rebecca! Thanks for mentioning the Wilderness Lodge. I've been peeking at it and it does look beautiful...

Old 05-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #9
Belle2007
Mouseketeer

No Go to the Annual Passes....

I'm bummed...

Dave agreed with me to buy the Ultimate Passes for both DL and WDW... I had these dreams about returning next year. But apparently, you cannot downgrade the passes for only WDW, which is what I was planning on doing.

So my first change of plans... no to the annual passes.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
Belle2007
Mouseketeer

A look back to last year...

I don't know about you, but when I'm bummed I like to remember more fun times....

Here is a look at our 2009 trip, two days before Halloween officially started.

Last year, I had the BRILLIANT idea of celebrating our 6th year anniversary with the Mouse on the Atlantic Ocean...CRUISING!!! We ended our wonderful cruise with three days in WDW.

Three facts about Florida in August....

1. It's hot!
2. When they call for rain, it is a monsoon
3. You can have fun in the rain!

Our last two days at WDW the skies opened up and covered us in grayness and big fat, wet drops of rain. Of course, I opted for my own WDW umbrella which I proudly used...

The first peek that it's pumpkin season!

This is in Japan at Epcot. We just at at Teppen Edo, which was awesome! It rained so hard here, we could not see across the lake.

Here are some of our cruise pictures:

Last but not least... the Mice!

Old 05-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #11
Belle2007
Mouseketeer

UPDATE ON HALLOWEEN DL STYLE

We are patiently waiting for DL to post their dates for MNSSHP. When I called them today, they said that the dates aren't posted until August/September! Don't they know that I need to plan?

So I googled and found this website: family vacation getaway at Los Angeles Theme Parks

This website goes into detail on DL's Halloween celebrations. First up, Halloween Screams fireworks show. In 2007, Dave and I were in a store on Main Street when all of a sudden the lights on Main Street shut down. I ran back in the store to get Dave and I screamed, "You have to come, there is something magical going on out there." Yep, it was the fireworks. Well, one thing will be different, this fireworks will be hosted by Jack Skellington.

DL Halloween will probably have Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy. I'm actually finished with roller coasters, so this one is not on my list of things to do. But apparently, it will be decked out with screams and scary music.

Items of interest:

2009 Dates October 2rd (opening night,) Thursday, October 8th; Friday, Oct 9th; Thursday, Oct 15th; Friday, October 16th; Wednesday, Oct 21st; Thursday, Oct 22nd; Friday, Oct 23rd; Wednesday, October 28; Thursday, Oct 29; Friday, October 30; and Saturday, October 31st--Halloween Night.
Here are the times that Mickey's Halloween Party was held: For Wednesday or Thursday dates, the party started at 6:30 pm and ended at 10:30 pm. Mickey's Trick or Treat Party events held on Friday or on Halloween Night, the hours were 7:30 pm until 11:30 pm.

I'm a little disappointed with these dates, but I'll have to figure something out. I really don't want to wait until August or September to find out the dates!

Old 05-13-2010, 06:12 PM   #12
HeatherBelle614

Loved seeing your Halloween pics - made me excited for this year!!

That seems so crazy that DLR doesn't release their MNSSHP dates until later; I guess use WDW planners are just obsessive? Haha.

Can't wait to hear more!!

Old 05-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #13
Sleepingbooty
DIS Veteran

Peggy, your pics of your 2009 trip look just like ours! Except we were there in May - but it rained EVERY day!

I know what you mean about DLR being a bit frustrating, I've always wished they would release their dates earlier! I'm a big planner myself.
Old 05-18-2010, 05:03 PM   #14
iheartpluto
Mouseketeer

Location: Garden City, MI (but hoping to eventually be Mickey's neighbor!)

SO excited for you that you get to do DL and WDW!! I've never been to DL, and who knows when I'll get there. And MNSSHP sounds like SO much fun! Maybe I'll be able to convince DH to get to that next year... Keep the plans coming!
iheartpluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #15
mylittlebuttercup
DIS Veteran

Hey I followed you over from my PTR! : You guys are going to have such a good time this year! Two trips in such a short period of time--I'm so jealous. We also got to see the Halloween decorations going up at the very end of our August trip last year too...it was great seeing them, but I wanted to stay a week longer for the MNSSHP ...guess that wasn't going to happen! How did you enjoy your Disney cruises? We are definitely going on an Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon but haven't decided yet if we want to do Disney or something cheaper.
mylittlebuttercup is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: