DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2009, 12:35 AM   #1
wideeyedwonder
DIS Veteran

How do you book a "cash" stay at a DVC resort?

I was just wondering, how do you book a CASH stay at a DVC property? Is there a specific web site? Do you go through a travel agent? Is there a specific number you call? For the life of me, I can't seem to find information, availability, or pricing on cash stays at DVC properties.

Thanks for any help!

4n Bahamas July 2008, 7n Western Carib July 2009,
15n Panama Canal Jan 2011, 7n Mexican Riviera Sept 2011
wideeyedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:49 AM   #2
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Two main ways although you can use a travel agent as well. First you can book a room on the Disney website (or call CRO) just as you could at any of the disney resorts. They will have access to one pool of inventory that has been turned over to them for cash bookings.

If you are a DVC member and are looking to book a DVC resort room on cash at a member discount then you call MS as you would for any point reservation. They will check if a discounted cash room is available. A nice advantage of this is if you are booking some nights on points your cash room can be linked to that reservation. If you go thru CRO then it can't be linked and you have to hope that the resort itself is able to keep you in the same room when you check in.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-19-2009, 01:01 AM   #3
wideeyedwonder
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Two main ways although you can use a travel agent as well. First you can book a room on the Disney website (or call CRO)
Thanks for the prompt reply, Kath!

For example, when use the Disney site to book a room at the GCV (at the DLR resort), I see options for "standard" rooms at the Grand Californian, but not for DVC villas. In other words, I'm looking at options at the Grand Californian, but none of the booking options are for "villa" rooms. Do "villa" rooms come up as options for the WDW DVC resorts, or am I looking at the wrong area of the Disney website?

And what does "CRO" stand for? (Forgive me if it's already in a "FAQ")!

And again, thanks for the help!

4n Bahamas July 2008, 7n Western Carib July 2009,
15n Panama Canal Jan 2011, 7n Mexican Riviera Sept 2011
wideeyedwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:01 AM   #4
KAT4DISNEY
1st trip Disneyland 1969

I read that nobody seems to have seen GCV in the Disney central reservations office (CRO! ) availability. Maybe DVD or the Grand are using the rooms for special upgrades or sales situations - or who knows what. I do know that I inquired of MS about cash availability and there was some so it may be possible for a member to get a cash room. With the size of GCV there may not ever be much availability thru CRO but that's speculation.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideeyedwonder View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply, Kath!

For example, when use the Disney site to book a room at the GCV (at the DLR resort), I see options for "standard" rooms at the Grand Californian, but not for DVC villas. In other words, I'm looking at options at the Grand Californian, but none of the booking options are for "villa" rooms. Do "villa" rooms come up as options for the WDW DVC resorts, or am I looking at the wrong area of the Disney website?

And what does "CRO" stand for? (Forgive me if it's already in a "FAQ")!

And again, thanks for the help!
CRO is Central Reservations Office (the old name for DRC - Disney Reservation Center).

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
lark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
I read that nobody seems to have seen GCV in the Disney central reservations office (CRO! ) availability. Maybe DVD or the Grand are using the rooms for special upgrades or sales situations - or who knows what. I do know that I inquired of MS about cash availability and there was some so it may be possible for a member to get a cash room. With the size of GCV there may not ever be much availability thru CRO but that's speculation.
I've noticed and heard this too. You simply cannot seem to make a cash reservation at VGC, even though there are reports that it is not even half sold. At the same time, however, people seem to be able to get reservations well outside the home resort period.

My hunch is that right now, DVC is actually paying for the extra inventory even if it hasn't been declared into DVC yet. This would probably be a good marketing strategy. DVC members are your best potential customers to sell out DVC, and if you make rooms available to owners at other DVC resorts, it's a nice way to sell your product. I was shocked at how easily I was just able to get a VGC reservation only 3 months in advance. I simply cannot believe right now that they have only released the number of units corresponding to the number of points sold. Something else is going on.
lark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:58 PM   #7
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Just wanted to say thanks to Kat4Disney for spelling out how to do this. I had never done a cash reservation with the DVC discount, so I was not sure who to call. After reading this thread, I called MS and it was very easy. Saved $$$ over booking a regular room vs a studio at BC as well.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR* *Oct 2014 Trip AKVJ, BLT, AKVJ*
TyRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:24 PM   #8
KAT4DISNEY
1st trip Disneyland 1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to Kat4Disney for spelling out how to do this. I had never done a cash reservation with the DVC discount, so I was not sure who to call. After reading this thread, I called MS and it was very easy. Saved $$$ over booking a regular room vs a studio at BC as well.
I'm glad that it helped!!

Old 02-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
Husurdady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideeyedwonder View Post
I was just wondering, how do you book a CASH stay at a DVC property? Is there a specific web site? Do you go through a travel agent? Is there a specific number you call? For the life of me, I can't seem to find information, availability, or pricing on cash stays at DVC properties.

Thanks for any help!
Right now through 3/27/2010 and 4/11/2010 till 8/14/2010 they have a 40 % off room rack sale going on for the Disney delux Villa resorts, [thats the DVC resorts] you are looking for.If you would book directly through the DVC ressie system, not being a member you would pay full price. Being a member and paying with cash, you would get something like 20% off. So I would book through Disney Central ressie system.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: