Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #1
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Any Book Fair Chairpersons Out There?

I was hoping that I would find at least 1 or 2 other Book Fair Chairpersons out there to bounce some ideas off of. I just took over this year and our book fair is 2 weeks away. I need some suggestions on how to do a Sneak Peak for the student when I only have 1 day. We can only accommodate 1 class at a time. If we do it in 30 minute incriments then the whole school will not be able to go (we go from Pre-K - 3rd grade).

maciec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #2
ash&abby'smom
Princess Ballerinas
Love, love Bobby Flay. I secretly have a crush on him, don't tell!
I was Sweet Pea in grade school, because I was just so sweet.

Our school only does 1st through 8th grade viewing. We do 30 min. increments. PreK & K has their parents take them at any point during the day. It's easier to have the parents take them since they are so young.

My Beautiful Sweet Angel! 2000-2013
I love and Miss You Sweet Angel!
ash&abby'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
playswithstars
Mouseketeer

My Co-op for student teaching is the chairperson for our school so I ended up helping her a lot.

This is what we did and we had K-6th to accommodate in 1 day. The morning of or the day before there was a sign up sheet for times in the teachers room. An older grade teacher was asked to sign up for a slot with a younger grade teacher so the older kids could help write. My 1st grade I'm with was paired with the one 6th grade and they each had a partner.

Each pair of students got half an hour to do a wish list of books they would like. We sent them home in their folders. They could bring money in the following day if their parents wanted them too. Or it was also open during the open house we had during the same week so parents and kids could look then too.

Editing to add we have two of each grade up to 6th except for 3rd which we have three of.
playswithstars is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: