Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
micheluvscorgis
Mouseketeer

Stinky diapers in your hotel room...sans diaper bin.

Can you tell this is our first big trip away from home?

We've gone on smaller vacations to the mountains, but we've been lucky enough to go to a cabin with a dumpster right outside...or stay at our own condo in the winter.

So what do you do with a ripe one? I'm assuming we'll just bring some ziploc bags and stick the offensive diaper in the baggie and dispose of it (*somehow* discretely???) on the way out of the room?

What questions I've been asking now that our trip is getting closer!

Thanks!

-Michele

Michele Bob Beau (6) Conrad (4)

micheluvscorgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
ktlm
DIS Veteran

That's exactly what we did. Actually, if it happened in the morning before we left for the parks, we would ziplock it and leave it in the room trash can, assuming it would be long gone before we were back in the room. If it happened when we were back in the room in the evening, we would ziplock it and then DH would discretely take it out and find a trash can.
ktlm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
bigbabyblues
DIS Veteran

The first time we took our boys, the youngest was 15 months. We took plastic grocery bags with us, put the diaper in one of those, tied it up and took it to an outside trashcan.
bigbabyblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
Dopey19
Mouseketeer

I sent DH out on a mission Day 1 to find the room where the garbage is collected too - once we had the location all "drop-offs" were brought directly there!
Old 10-26-2009, 06:47 PM   #5
laughinplace199
AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs

We bring scented diaper disposal bags. We also dispose of the diaper on our way out, but the scented bags help if we're not leaving the room right away.

laughinplace199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:23 PM   #6
smidgen21
Wanna be Tink

we brought qt size freezer ziploc bags. we sealed the dirty dipers in a bag and then tossed the bag in the normal trash. we never had an odor. we also carried bags in the parks in case our clothes got wet etc. to put them away in our diaper bag.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:27 PM   #7
bakalorber
Mouseketeer

Get the doggie poop bags the scented ones. They are rolled up tight so they will not take up a lot of room! They are cheap go over to pet smart. I have traveled alot with my 4 and 21 month old. These work the best!
bakalorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:55 PM   #8
AntePrincess
Not a princess... yet.

We used cloth diapers. Most of the stink was in anything "on" the diaper, so we simply flushed that down the toilet. The diaper itself went in our waterproof diaper bag (actually a camping wet sack, where you roll down the top a few times and clip it closed, no smell escaped). You could do the same with disposable diapers to keep things fresh while you're in the room, they even sell flushable liners that make it easy to remove anything from the diaper. Strictly speaking, you're supposed to dump waste down the toilet anyway, most places have rules about disposing of feces in regular trash because of the health hazard.

If, for whatever reason, you really want to keep the diapers in a bag in your room rather than running it straight out to a neutral trash bin, I'd bring a little shaker of borax and/or baking soda with you, then just shake that into the diaper before you bundle it up and throw it in the bag. It'll neutralize and cut down on the odor, plus it's harmless in the trash and non-toxic.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #9
GAMC369
Mouseketeer

Yep, tie it up and take it to an outside trash can the next time you leave the room. We save the plastic bags that newspapers come in and you put produce in at the grocery store and we put diapers in those. They are small and just the right size for diapers and are long enough to easily tie a knot in to close up.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #10
la79al
DIS Veteran

You can get the scented diaper bags at the dollar tree. They come in a pack of 75 and they actually work quite well.
Old 10-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #11
mIcKeY_mOmMy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by la79al View Post
You can get the scented diaper bags at the dollar tree. They come in a pack of 75 and they actually work quite well.
I have these for my son as well. They do work really well! I got mine at walmart and they smell like baby powder. They even came in a cute case.
mIcKeY_mOmMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #12
CLR4321
DIS Veteran

I'd just bring a handful of plastic grocery bags and throw 'em in and tie it off. As long as there's no holes in the bag, the smell will stay trapped inside the bag. You could even double bag them if somehow the smell creeps out. I know there are also bags specifically for disposal of diapers, but IMO it's silly to pay for them. If the diaper is really *that* bad, you could always just walk out the door and throw it in the nearest trash can.

March 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
Sept 2009 - Pop Century
Feb 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside & Villas at Wilderness Lodge
Jan 2015 - Old Key West
CLR4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:16 PM   #13
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

My parents will dump as much of the poo as possible into the toilet and then wrap up the rest in a scented diaper bag.
kwitcherkicken99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:57 AM   #14
bdiddy
Mouseketeer

You can buy these "rose scented" bags at Toys R Us and Babies R Us in the baby section that you can put the stinky diaper in. I just put it in that and if I knew we were leaving the room soon I just sat it right outside our door and if we weren't leaving (like it was late at night) I just put it in the bag and had DH go find a trash can somewhere.

The bags are really smell really strong and even with the diaper in it you couldn't smell anything. I'm not sure how it would be long term - like if you left it in there in the room all night, like does the fragrance where off? I just like to use them because when you throw a diaper away outside in one of those bags you aren't going to get any smell at all.

CBR - Dec 2009, POR - Sept 2008
bdiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:11 AM   #15
wmharley
DIS Veteran

Location: Central-ish Florida. Roughly under an hour to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbabyblues View Post
tied it up and took it to an outside trashcan.
if its stinky.. I walk out to dump it...
wmharley is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: