Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Billwedgie
Earning My Ears

When will we get to Epcot if...

Ok I am flying into MCO on December 14th at 9:37 AM. When can I expect to be at Epcot? I am taking Jet Blue, will be using DME, and staying at POP and using disney buses. I will also be doing the online check in.

Thanks!
Billwedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:27 PM   #2
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Assuming everything goes smoothly, you should be at epcot by noon.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
Disneylush
DIS Veteran

Oh ya! Last time we went we were at POP we were at MK in an hour and 20 mins from touch down to MK.
Disneylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
Billwedgie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylush View Post
Oh ya! Last time we went we were at POP we were at MK in an hour and 20 mins from touch down to MK.
That would be great. Could still make the 11:00 opening of WS!!
Old 10-16-2009, 10:38 PM   #5
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

A good rule of thumb is two hours from touch down using DME, checking in then heading to parks. If you stop to eat lunch, check out your room or use the potty add additional time.

Mom/Son bday trip! 6/15**WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14*Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:39 PM   #6
bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Tag Fairies DO have a lot of love to go around!

My best guesstimate would be somewhere between 1 1/2 - 3 hours - depending on many variables and just how lucky you are that day!

bjakmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #7
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

I like reply #6; anwhere from 1 1/2 to 3hrs. There are a number of variables involved. They can all go in your favor, or they can all run against you.

The biggest one I would say though is if I had to get up early enough to make a flight that landed at 9:30am, I'd probably be exhausted when I got to Pop. For some reason, We're also almost always hungry when we arrive at WDW.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 12:03 PM   #8
Billwedgie
Earning My Ears

Well the flight leaves at 6:30 ish and we will be staying about 45 minutes away. It is a small airport so I am thinking getting there 45 early will be enough and it is assigned seats so no reason to worry about getting there super early. DW and I am normally up by 6 for work so getting up for 5 isn't too bad and DS normally gets up about 7 and doesn't know we are going to Disney so I am hoping he will sleep on the car ride there and the flight.

Last time we went I took a flight after work and we didn't get to the hotel until 1:00 AM and made rope drop the next day. Needless to say we were all a bit cranky and learned our lesson. We are going to be doing Epcot in two days so I figure WS Monday when we are getting there later and then FW on Wednesday so we can make ropedrop for Mission space and test track.

Thanks everyone for the idea of when I will get there. I was hoping for somewhere from 11-12 so this fits in just about right. Hope we will be able to grab the Kim Possible game on the way over and have a great start to our Disney vacation!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: