Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2009, 12:06 PM   #31
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by My sister's princess View Post
Nitrostitch, you are my HERO right now with those mini cakes. My sister had mentioned getting one there but I was afraid they would be too big (grocery store cakes tend to be HUGE!) Are you getting married in the garden gazebo or inside? It sounds like we are doing things alot alike. I would love to see pictures of your dress if you feel like it
Oh, yay! I'm so glad I was able to help with the mini cakes. We were shocked at how big most cakes were and didn't just want to do a plain 8" round cake that would look like a birthday cake. The mini cakes were perfect for look and size. Now we just have to settle on one design...

We're getting married in the garden gazebo, so we're hoping that weather is cooperative for that day!

Since my fiance occasionally visits this board, I've been reluctant to post a picture of my dress, but it's a David's Bridal dress and here's a link if you're curious... http://www.davidsbridal.com/webapp/w...=6096947&sort= No gloves, but I am doing the tiara.

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #32
My sister's princess
These boards have grimmer police
I have never been involved in a conspiracy before!

Your dress is AMAZING!!! I am so excited for you. How are you doing your ceremony, I just feel like it will be a little awkward where we won't have guest and all that.....
My sister's princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2009, 06:15 AM   #33
NitroStitch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Your dress is AMAZING!!! I am so excited for you. How are you doing your ceremony, I just feel like it will be a little awkward where we won't have guest and all that.....
Awww, thank you! I still need to get my dress bustled, and that's one of those "running out of time" things. I'm even thinking of having it bustled the whole time, since the gazebo is a hike from the buildings and the satin train is rather heavy and longer than I wanted. Since it's also very plain, I don't feel like I'd miss any pretty train detail by having it down. It depends on what the tailor can do with it. To be continued...

It may be a little weird to get married with no guests, but as Rev. Tim pointed out, it really is about the two of you and the vows you're making to each other on that day. It would be wonderful to share the day with the supportive people that love you, and you'll have that big wedding to share with everyone later on, but for now, it's all about your union with the man you love.

It has been strange not doing invitations or goodie bags or centerpieces or other things everyone else is doing for their weddings, but I definitely wouldn't have time to add all that to the list of things to do, and it does help the budget considerably. (Keeping costs down was a major consideration for us in planning to have such a tiny wedding.)

I just need to win the lottery in order to have enough time off and money for my Disney fixes. That's all.
NitroStitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #34
My sister's princess

So I had sent an email to Donnakay at affordable Orlando Weddings last week on the 4th, I hadn't heard back, so I resent it with a note saying I was hoping to hear from them. Not even an hour later Rev. Jimmy called me and we started talking about what I could do to put my ceremony together . He seems very nice, I am excited to be working with him.

Now the hard part. I don't know exactly what we want our ceremony to look like!
Old 11-09-2009, 10:52 AM   #35
hollybearsmom
Please send my fairy godmother home, pronto!

Checking back in, I'd love to see the bouquet.

Have fun planning what you want for your day! How exciting that you get exactly what you want for the two of you and not have to go through so much drama pleasing everyone else!
hollybearsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:58 AM   #36
My sister's princess

Hi Hollybearsmom! I think I might have my heart set on Calla Lilies.... Let me see if I can find the picture of what I liked.....
Old 11-09-2009, 11:01 AM   #37
My sister's princess

Here is a link to what I currently LOVE

http://www.flowersgrowing.com/wp-con...al-bouquet.jpg
Old 11-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #38
Pirate's Princess
Sam <-- Science Geek. DNA helicase....so I can unzip your genes.

Everything sounds really good so far. I'm sure it might seem weird to get married just the two of you, but it many ways it brings the focus back on you two and the commitment vs. a big shindig! I think it's really sweet.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #39
hollybearsmom
Please send my fairy godmother home, pronto!

those are beautiful!
hollybearsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #40
aduck126
DIS Veteran

Hello! i just want to let you know that..

WE HAVE THE SAME WEDDING DAY! WOOT WOOT!

haha, everything looks great so far..love the dress
aduck126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:07 AM   #41
My sister's princess

aduck126 I read your PJ, and was looking at your stuff! I didn't think you were around anymore, since you hadn't updated I AM SO EXCITED that we have the same day! I LOVE your dress to
Old 11-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #42
My sister's princess

Getting the license by mail seems so much easier, I am sending in the first round of paperwork today by fax

TWO MONTHS OUT
Old 11-13-2009, 10:39 AM   #43
aduck126
DIS Veteran

Quote:
aduck126 I read your PJ, and was looking at your stuff! I didn't think you were around anymore, since you hadn't updated I AM SO EXCITED that we have the same day! I LOVE your dress to
oh yah i'm still around, I just haven't updated that much recently. But I am going to start doing it more because there is so much going on now. I'm like freaking out!
aduck126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:01 PM   #44
My sister's princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by aduck126 View Post
oh yah i'm still around, I just haven't updated that much recently. But I am going to start doing it more because there is so much going on now. I'm like freaking out!
Well it sounds like the day will be perfect for you! It would be fun if we saw each other around the parks!
Old 11-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #45
My sister's princess

I just wandered over to the Disign boards! There are some really nice people over there! We (being me with him saying yes because he love me) want lots of pictures in matching shirts. We both agree that the pictures from this trip will be very special for us to have during the deployment. Anyone have pictures of their shirts?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: