Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2009, 02:03 PM   #1
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

wdwgirl and Dad do Disney:an April '10 PTR...TR LINK ADDED!! p. 56

That's right everyone, I am going back to Disney World!

First off, to yet another one of my pre-trip reports. These things get kind of addicting don't they?! If you haven't read my other TRs, I'm Sarah and a big lover of all things Disney (this is the first time I've had 2 TRs going at once...I'm working on finishing my summer report which you can check out HERE). As you can tell from my signature, I've been to Disney World several times and never get tired of the magic. Like so many fellow DISers I usually start thinking about going back as soon as a trip is over.

Over the years we've taken a lot of family trips but as my sisters and I got older it was harder to plan trips when we could all go at the same time (mostly in part to conflicting school schedules!). So, like my title says, this trip is just going to be me and my dad. It's our "spring break", if you will. I know some people cringe at the thought of going during peak times but we've done it before and really, it's not all that bad. Yes, it's crowded but definitely doable.

I hope you decide to join in on all the fun! Less than 6 months to go!

PTR INDEX
Trip Basics
Top Ten Attractions
Tours
Bad ADR luck/Top Ten Disney songs
Persistence Pays Off!
First itinerary!
Top Ten List: Favorite Sights
New book/Top Ten Movies
The Best of Extinct Disney
Polynesian Love
Disney Christmas Gifts and More
Top Ten Resorts and Restaurants
Disney Scrapbook pages
What should we do on Arrival Day?
60 Days! Plus December details
Magic Kingdom Plans
50 days!!!
Epcot Plans
40 Day Musings
Olympic memories/Getting closer to Disney!!
Flower and Garden Festival!!
Hollywood Studios Plans
25s!!!
Animal Kingdom Plans
20 DAYS
New Vera!!!
15 days/Downtown Disney plans
I'm an AP holder!!!
11 days/Misc. plans
SINGLE DIGITS!!!!!!
ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!! Plus Toy Story 3 info
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=771
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 04-14-2010 at 09:46 PM.
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
lar42
Ready for Pixi Dust!

I'm Riding along!! Reading trip reports has become addicting
lar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in for the ride
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #4
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Oh my gosh! How exciting! When exactly are you going?!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by lar42 View Post
I'm Riding along!! Reading trip reports has become addicting
Yay, my first reader! I agree, they are addicting to read AND write!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in for the ride
Welcome MiaBella!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Oh my gosh! How exciting! When exactly are you going?!
Hi tinkgurl! Thanks for joining in again! I'll post the details soon...
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-14-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

That's 2 people in one day,
I don't know if my heart can take it.
Callie called me this morning said she is going to WDW for spring break
with her roommates.
One of the girls parents have a timeshare in Orlando and
they are going to:

1. Drive-ug.
2. Go to Universal
3. Go to the beach.
4. Go to WDW

I'm suppose to plan, I mean, find out the hours and best days.
I think they will do okay, because they plan on doing the parks during the week, and I personally don't think the parks are crowded during the week, it's mainly the weekends.

Um,
now to hear your plans.
Ya think I should go along and be a chaperone?
OhMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:39 PM   #7
wdwgirl03

OK, so here are a few of the basics for this trip:

The cast:
Already covered that, just me and my dad. My sister and mom will have just been there in January (strangely, so will Dad...he's getting his money's worth out of his AP!) and my other sister will sadly still be in school.

Dad asked if I wanted to go by myself, and while I think that could be interesting I figured I'd probably end up getting sad being there alone.

The dates:
When we first made these reservations, we had them for April 2-10 at Saratoga Springs, a Friday through Saturday. Sounds great right? Well, there were two little problems with that:

1.) We'd be gone over Easter and my mom wouldn't be very happy if we were out of town.

2.) The Brewers' home opener is April 5. Some of you might know we're big Brewer fans and go to quite a few games. In fact, we briefly considered waiting until June to do a Disney trip since they're playing out in Anaheim...hello Disneyland! That idea was short lived...It might sound stupid but after missing this year's home opener I kind of want to go again next year.

So with those things in mind, the latest we could leave is the 6th. I still wanted to get an extra day or two so Dad ended up calling DVC to see if there was any possibility of adding on a couple nights. After all, we're talking about Easter/Spring Break here and there's always the chance nothing would be available. Luckily, it turned out to not be a problem. We ended up getting April 6-12, 2010. Five whole days in Disney World!

The resort:
Like I said, our reservation was originally made for Saratoga Springs since that's our home resort. When the 7-month window rolled around and we were able to check the availability of other resorts, Dad asked me what my first choices would be: I said Old Key West and Kidani Village.

I was pretty surprised when he told me that we could pretty much get any DVC resort for those dates. In the end, we got a savannah view room at Kidani Village!!! Even though we've stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, I'm really excited to see the new villas, even moreso after seeing some pictures in other people's TRs (that means you, brookelizabeth!). And there's nothing like looking out your window and seeing a giraffe!

We booked our flights yesterday on two different airlines...and it only cost $200 both ways!

Honestly though, I'm not excited...
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 10-14-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #8
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

wow that is crazy how soon you are going back!!!!!

you are starting to sound like me hehe Have you consiered doing a CP or PI after school? You'd be in heaven being able to go to WDW when you wanted!! I know of people that were miserable working at WDW but on their days off it was heaven knowing it was free to go to WDW and an ocean was an hour away!

I've stayed at AKL and saw that giraffe out my window, it's pretty cool!!!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #9
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I'm in!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:29 PM   #10
cbg1027
I knew I had converted him when he started pointing out hidden Mickeys to me!

I'm in, I'm in!

Kidani Village Savannah View? Ooooh I'm so jealous!!!!!!

Hey Sarah if you ever end up going solo, let me know!!!! I can pop down for a weekend pretty easily...

In fact I'm considering March 8-12 (ish) since that's my spring break....but so far if I go it will be solo. I actually kind of like to idea of trying Disney solo....except for the cost! I've traveled solo in Europe and while meals can get lonely, I like not having to consult with anyone else and just doing whatever I feel like, right when I want! I'm just waiting for some new discount codes to come out...or hopefully a PIN!!!
cbg1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:45 PM   #11
tinkgurl

Aw darn it, we're just going to miss each other! Bummer.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:01 AM   #12
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

I'm in!!
Goofy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:51 AM   #13
wdwgirl03

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
That's 2 people in one day,
I don't know if my heart can take it.
Callie called me this morning said she is going to WDW for spring break
with her roommates.
One of the girls parents have a timeshare in Orlando and
they are going to:

1. Drive-ug.
2. Go to Universal
3. Go to the beach.
4. Go to WDW

I'm suppose to plan, I mean, find out the hours and best days.
I think they will do okay, because they plan on doing the parks during the week, and I personally don't think the parks are crowded during the week, it's mainly the weekends.

Um,
now to hear your plans.
Ya think I should go along and be a chaperone?
Well I think that is a sign then that you need to go! haha! We were so surprised the airfare was so low for that time of year.

If the Harry Potter stuff is open by the time we go (which I'm not counting on ) I'd love to go back to Universal too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
wow that is crazy how soon you are going back!!!!!

you are starting to sound like me hehe Have you consiered doing a CP or PI after school? You'd be in heaven being able to go to WDW when you wanted!! I know of people that were miserable working at WDW but on their days off it was heaven knowing it was free to go to WDW and an ocean was an hour away!

I've stayed at AKL and saw that giraffe out my window, it's pretty cool!!!!!
haha, I know, we've actually had these reservations for a while now but just officially decided to go.

I did consider doing the CP the semester after I student taught (isn't that what you did?) but stupidly didn't. My cousin's doing one of the PIs now and she loves it...she's actually trying to extend it until June.

When we were there last May they were still doing all the construction so we didn't see too many animals out our window. But I do think towards the end of the trip I saw a giraffe too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I'm in!
Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbg1027 View Post
I'm in, I'm in!

Kidani Village Savannah View? Ooooh I'm so jealous!!!!!!

Hey Sarah if you ever end up going solo, let me know!!!! I can pop down for a weekend pretty easily...

In fact I'm considering March 8-12 (ish) since that's my spring break....but so far if I go it will be solo. I actually kind of like to idea of trying Disney solo....except for the cost! I've traveled solo in Europe and while meals can get lonely, I like not having to consult with anyone else and just doing whatever I feel like, right when I want! I'm just waiting for some new discount codes to come out...or hopefully a PIN!!!
Ahhhh if you do go then, you'd be there over my birthday! I agree, the part about not having to consult with others is nice but I'd still rather have a travel buddy. Maybe some day I'll do a solo trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Aw darn it, we're just going to miss each other! Bummer.
Aww, sad! What are your dates again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
I'm in!!
Yay, hi Colleen!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Old 10-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #14
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Aww, sad! What are your dates again?

March 14-19.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #15
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

YAY!! How exciting! Yes, I thought about going alone too b/c no one else wanted to come and my parents said they'd send me. Sounds like a good idea until you realize it would be very lonely!!

I don't blame you about the Brewers opener! My parents used to take me out of school for the Indians home opener and even in college I flew home to see it. I don't know what is going to happen this year when I probably have to get a "real" job and won't be able to go So I know what you mean about missing it!!!!! We always try to do side trips to and go see them on the road and check out things in other cities - you should do it!!

I am SOOOO JEALOUS OF KIDANI!!! You are going to love it. I only stayed at AKL but looking at the savannah every morning was just very relaxing and peaceful. if you love animals you will just love it. How exciting!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: