Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #1
Melct
Mouseketeer

Any sites that sell gift cards accept paypal?

I have money in my paypal account from selling some kids clothes on ebay. Does anyone know if there are any online stores that sell gift cards and accept paypal as payment? I am interested in Disney gift cards but would be interested in others if no one sells Disney cards.

thanks,
melissa
Old 10-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #2
jennwdw
Mouseketeer

If you get the paypal plug in you can generate a credit card that is accepted at any place that accepts visa/mastercard. I've been using it for about a year and it's wonderful. It "detects" when a card is needed and then will get a little drop down on the page to login to paypal. Then you click "generate secure card" and voila! It's sooo easy to use!
jennwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #3
Dancemom03
Flexican wannabe

The paypal plug-in really is terrific. I used it for all my holiday shopping the year before last. Made life much easier.

You could transfer the $$ to your bank account at no charge though and buy whatever GCs you'd like locally. It usually shows up deposited in my checking acct within 3 days.
Dancemom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:33 PM   #4
Mrs. Charming
I'm not your entertainment, get a life.

OMG.. this is awesome. Where do you find this?!!
DD3 is a BIG SISTER! ...and now has a brand new little BROTHER!
Mrs. Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
Dancemom03
Flexican wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Charming View Post
OMG.. this is awesome. Where do you find this?!!
When you log into paypal the first page you see should be your overview page with your log. To the right side of your balance box and Payment Log, there is a box that says "my account tools" and inside are links for both the paypal plug in and the paypal debit card.

If you don't have a paypal debit, this might be a good time to order one. It's so much nicer to withdraw cash from any ATM - or, in my case, walamrt & the grocery store. I buy a candy bar and use it as debit to get cash back instantly without paying the ATM fees.
Dancemom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
Mrs. Charming
I'm not your entertainment, get a life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancemom03 View Post
When you log into paypal the first page you see should be your overview page with your log. To the right side of your balance box and Payment Log, there is a box that says "my account tools" and inside are links for both the paypal plug in and the paypal debit card.

If you don't have a paypal debit, this might be a good time to order one. It's so much nicer to withdraw cash from any ATM - or, in my case, walamrt & the grocery store. I buy a candy bar and use it as debit to get cash back instantly without paying the ATM fees.
Oh this is so cool. I'm so going to use the plug in. I remember looking into the debit card, but there was something in the fine print that held me back. I wonder what it was. I guess I'll have to re-read it and check it out!

Thank you!! I really appreciate it!!
DD3 is a BIG SISTER! ...and now has a brand new little BROTHER!
Mrs. Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:56 AM   #7
rflorek
DIS Veteran

I use my Paypal debit card all the time to access my Paypal funds. I signed up when they first introduced it, so I get 1 1/2% cashback in my Paypal account everytime I use the debit card as a credit card (it's MasterCard branded).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: