Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
dgrissom17
Mouseketeer

Question Hoop dee doo seating

Hi all!
Can anyone tell me (or direct me to) info about the seating for Hoop Dee Doo? Is there a seating chart available to view so you can pick your tier? Also, any opinions on the best place to sit? It will be myself and my 8 year old. I have never been and can't wait to try it!! Thank you!!

dgrissom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
yooperfan
DIS Veteran

If you are going to the early show, try not to sit floor level in the back. We have been several times and the only time we felt distracted from the show is the 5:15pm show. There were a lot of kids and the noise from the families between us and the stage was noticeable. The upper lever isn't bad, but the seats face the wall, not the stage, so you have to turn your chair to watch. We prefer the floor, in front, but you can sometimes get the dreaded table blocked partially by the piano player. There aren't really any really bad seats. They assign seating according to who makes ressies first, the earlier you make it, the better table your going to get in your chosen section. Good luck and have fun!
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2009, 06:45 PM   #3
nicki.momof3
Addicted to Disney Vacations

The upper level tables face the wall? So how do you eat dinner and enjoy the show? Or is it one or the other - you can't do both. For 2 dining credits I want to watch the show and enjoy a ton of food and drinks.
nicki.momof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:47 PM   #4
Halbleib1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki.momof3 View Post
The upper level tables face the wall? So how do you eat dinner and enjoy the show? Or is it one or the other - you can't do both. For 2 dining credits I want to watch the show and enjoy a ton of food and drinks.
This is why we do the 9:30 show. It is the only show you can get cat 1 seating. We have always had great seats doing this.

Disboards has a seating chart. Look under dining complete list of restaurants. Scroll to Fort Wilderness and click on Hoop Dee Doo. Scroll down to chart.

Our First Christmas at Disney World! Staying at Pop Century December 14-24th!

Halbleib1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
ElementCamper
DIS Veteran

For the tables upstairs that are along the side, the chair you sit in is next to the rail and the table is in front of you so you do turn around to eat. The way the show is formatted though, the meal is served in courses. You watch some show, eat, watch some show, eat. Lather, rinse and repeat!

I sat upstairs at these tables my first Hoop De Doo and thought it was a wonderful view and had a great time! I have also been downstairs on the side near the front, what I call a 'good' CAT 2 which I very much enjoyed.

Don't fret, you don't miss anything by having to turn around.
ElementCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
dgrissom17
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone! I will try to make my ressies early!!
dgrissom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #7
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

So is it definite that the first to call get the best seats in their category? I called on my 90 day mark and was able to make Hoopdedoo on 90+3 for the 9:30pm show in Category 2. Crossing my fingers we get a great table!
disneygirlinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #8
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
So is it definite that the first to call get the best seats in their category? I called on my 90 day mark and was able to make Hoopdedoo on 90+3 for the 9:30pm show in Category 2. Crossing my fingers we get a great table!
Correct - seating is assigned based on when you make your ADR, within the Tier that you're paying for.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
vicki_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:53 AM   #9
Halbleib1
DIS Veteran

Wanted to add I checked out disney's seating map for hoop dee doo and it is different from that listed on the disboards. Catagory 2 is actually the very back of the downstairs as well as both sides along the wall and the very back of the balcony. The dis only lists the backs and not the sides as cat 2. So you might want to check disneyworld.com out for the official seating arrangements.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #10
TheRustyScupper
Average Banjo Picker, Fairly-Good Sailing Master, Recently Ordained.

1) Better seats ALWAYS cost more - Broadway or HDDR.
2) Regardless of what people say.
3) Repeat, regardless of what people say.
4) Categories
. . . Cat-1, floor level and back to 2/3 of house
. . . Cat-2, back 2/3 of house to rear of room and some balcony, some blocked by posts.
. . . Cat-3, all balcony, 1/2 of table cranks neck, some views blocked by posts

NOTE: HDDR tables in each category are assigned by the date of the ressie. Earlier ressies get the better tables. The exception are tables #044 and #045 which are kept open until show-day for last minute handicapped guests. Table numbers are identified as 044 = floor-level, fourth-row-from-front, fourth-table-from-left.
TheRustyScupper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #11
Halbleib1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
1) Better seats ALWAYS cost more - Broadway or HDDR.
2) Regardless of what people say.
3) Repeat, regardless of what people say.
4) Categories
. . . Cat-1, floor level and back to 2/3 of house
. . . Cat-2, back 2/3 of house to rear of room and some balcony, some blocked by posts.
. . . Cat-3, all balcony, 1/2 of table cranks neck, some views blocked by posts

NOTE: HDDR tables in each category are assigned by the date of the ressie. Earlier ressies get the better tables. The exception are tables #044 and #045 which are kept open until show-day for last minute handicapped guests. Table numbers are identified as 044 = floor-level, fourth-row-from-front, fourth-table-from-left.
Where did you see a dispute on this thread regarding the cost of better seats? I did not see anyone disputing that fact. The OP just wanted to know which tier they should get and wanted a map to determine that fact. And if you are on the dining plan it does not cost you any more to reserve tier 1 than it will to reserve tier 3. They are both two table service credits. The exception being that you can only get tier 1 at the 9:30pm show but tier 1 and 2 are available at the other shows for no additional cost on the dining plan. The tip is even included no matter what form of payment you use.

Link to disney's official seating chart and pricing. As you can see cat 2 actually takes up more room than the map here on the dis shows. So at one point disney has changed this up.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/res...eating-prices/

Last edited by Halbleib1; 10-13-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #12
DaveInTN
I'm Not The Castle Guy

I must have been incredibly lucky on our last HDDR visit in April this year. I didn't make the ressie until about 3 weeks before the trip. Not only was Cat 1 available, but we got a table right next to the stage, which was awesome for us. I did pay OOP, but even so at just 3 weeks in advance I assume I was able to capitalize on a cancellation.

In any case, we have also sat in the balcony in the past and enjoyed that very much as well. I don't think you can go wrong with any seating. Enjoy the show!
DaveInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:13 PM   #13
Magic2000
DIS Veteran

Two years ago, my mom, DD & I went to the Hoop De Doo and we sat upstairs, on the side, about halfway back. The seats were GREAT!!!!! It was DD's first time there, and she loved the show and the food! We just had to twist our seat a little to be able to see the show - and the view was just perfect! One of the entertainers even came upstairs and asked DD where she was from!

My DD is younger (13 yrs old) - it never fails when we are at one of the 3D movies or really anywhere, someone tall will sit right in front of her and she has a problem seeing the stage. Sitting upstairs, there was nothing blocking her view!!!

DD & I are doing a "Mom & Me" trip in a few weeks - and we'll be back at HDD! DD has definitely requested to be seated upstairs again!

Enjoy the show!!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:16 PM   #14
a*lil*bit*goofy
If only I had a brain! :O/
Oh wow now i am even more excited for the odd nights

I have sat on the balcony, right side facing stage, 1st table. it was great!

I have sat on the floor, 1 table back from stage, near piano but not blocked by it (kinda but not really) it was great!

I have sat in the middle of the floor, must have been great that was first time I went and fell in love with the show!

We sat on the floor, facing stage left, almost at the very back. one of the last tables. and THAT was great. Even my ds (5) and dd (2) were able to see and loved it

Back from Oct 2014 trip...Where we were engaged, and brother and fiance were too!
a*lil*bit*goofy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: