Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #16
em6668
Mouseketeer

Michael Not Welcome?

I am not sure about him having visited the parks recently. For at least the past 5 years Michael Jackson was banned from all Disney Parks. I had thought that this was a rumor until I had it confirmed by a manager of WDW security. He created such a stir when he went and while dealing with the alleged molestation charges I guess Disney did not feel comfortable having him on property. Apparently he tried to go to DL at least once and was removed from the parks minutes after he arrived.

em6668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:09 PM   #17
amycishere
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by em6668 View Post
I am not sure about him having visited the parks recently. For at least the past 5 years Michael Jackson was banned from all Disney Parks. I had thought that this was a rumor until I had it confirmed by a manager of WDW security. He created such a stir when he went and while dealing with the alleged molestation charges I guess Disney did not feel comfortable having him on property. Apparently he tried to go to DL at least once and was removed from the parks minutes after he arrived.
Actually, here is a video of him in the parks as recent as 2002.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElTFX...eature=related
And Euro Disney in 2006.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpm7K0fPX4U
amycishere is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2009, 05:57 PM   #18
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by em6668 View Post
Sorry, but that isn't true. He visited WDW a couple of times since I moved to the area in 2004. He stayed in a home not far from where I lived.
Feralpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:07 PM   #19
TommorrowsChild
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsStinkerBelle View Post
I don't know about on-site but I know he used to stay at one of the DTD hotels. The Royal Plaza or something?
FEATURED ARTICLES ABOUT ROYAL PLAZA - PAGE 3
LOCAL
One Might Wonder: Is Room A Suite Deal?
By Bob Morris of The Sentinel Staff, December 17, 1993
Suite jinx?: In case you're wondering, no, the Michael Jackson Suite no longer exists at the Hotel Royal Plaza.The Lake Buena Vista hotel unveiled the suite back in 1985, when Jackson was regularly slipping in and out of Disney World, wearing disguises to avoid his fans. Jackson worked with a designer to decorate the two-bedroom, 16th floor suite at the Royal Plaza and donated memorabilia for the walls. And when he wasn't staying there, fans could rent the digs for upwards of $750 a night.
TommorrowsChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #20
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I don't want to get off topic (saw the mod's warning!) but if you are an MJ fan, OP, you should check out the suite he stayed in at the Atlantis in the Bahamas! It's called the bridge suite now, but at the time, it was called the Michael Jackson suite. It's $25,000 a night, connects the two towers of the Atlantis, and has 10 rooms and 12' ceilings. Also includes butler/cook services. We found this out when we took a tour of Atlantis when we did a Disney cruise.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: