Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2010, 03:59 AM   #1
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Chilly's Very Own Fairytale - Day 8

January 1st 2010

Today we were off to Animal Kingdom with both sets of parents. The night before we had agreed to meet at 9am outside the Rainforest Café, Mike’s mum had even written it down so she wouldn’t forget. We pulled into the car park and found my parents were in the car park space 1 car along from us. We strolled over to the meeting point and took some photos by the Christmas tree, the photopass CM mustn’t have scanned our card properly as those photos never appeared on our account so I’ll never know what was in the gift box I was given to hold.

By 9.15am the sun was trying to shine but we’d not heard from Mike’s parents so he gave them a call on their mobile expecting them to say they were in the car park, nope they were at their hotel having breakfast. I was so furious, my parents who were both feeling under the weather had got here on time why couldn’t they, I did feel bad for DH though as he must have been feeling embarrassed by them. So his parents say we did call you and left you a message, they called our hotel room and left a message there, do you remember me telling you about the fuss his mum made about getting a new mobile phone so she could phone us in the states and yet they decide to ring the hotel phone and don’t think to ring our mobile. We listened to the message they’d left when we got back that evening, the message said “So what’s the plan for today?” WHAT’S THE PLAN!!! It’s the same plan we talked about last night and which you wrote down so you wouldn’t forget. After Mike got off the phone telling his parents to ring him when they arrived we headed into the park and straight to the safari. I hadn’t been sure how busy the park would be today, on one hand people might have been sleeping in after a late night last night or they could have been making the most of the last few days of their holiday, it turned out that the park was quiet all day. So we got onto the safari with no wait, I love seeing the animals and so does DH.

We then headed to get some breakfast just as the heavens opened and it started to pour with rain. We sat undercover by the Dawa Bar and this is where Mike’s parents met us. We finished our breakfast and the rain eased off but it continued to rain on and off all day. We suggested to Mike’s parents that they go on the safari and we’d go and see It’s Tough to be a Bug, which is what we did.

Next we headed to see Flights of Wonder but sadly due to the weather they cancelled it so we headed to see festival of the Lion King instead, this was Mike’s mum’s favourite attraction of the trip she told me later. Straight from one show onto another, this time it was Nemo, it’s not my favourite thing but it was inside.

After this my parents decided to leave for the day as they both still had a cold and the damp weather wasn’t helping. We headed to get some lunch at Pizzafari then onto the Pangani Trail. About half way through this DH and I said goodbye to his parents and left the park as we had to return our hire car. Mike’s parents stayed in the park and I know they visited the other trail and went on the train before leaving.

It was really easy to return our hire car at the car care centre and then Alamo dropped us off at the Poly. We hung around the hotel and then got ready for our ADR at Boma with both sets of parents. My parents picked us up as we no longer had a car.

Not sure when this photo was taken so I’ll pop it in now as I’m a bit short on photos today!

We were seated quite quickly and everyone ordered drinks, I asked for a Very Berry Punch cocktail but got asked for ID and I had none on me, my Mum was not at all impressed by this but I understood. Everyone really enjoyed their meal and we made arrangements for the next day. After this morning we just told both sets of parents to ring us when they arrived at the Magic Kingdom and we’d tell them where we are.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:57 AM   #2
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

I bet your in-laws ears were burning fancy forgetting even though you'd written it down for them!

All the parks were quiet today ~ I wanted to say I had been in them in 2010 so we visited all 4 and we found them all virtually empty. Guess it was a combination of the rain, cold and people recovering from a late night!

As for being asked for ID, when you're my age you'll be reminiscing of the days that you were asked for it!!
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2010, 10:45 AM   #3
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

From what I remember, we were recovering today

Shame about the in-laws hun, this is why I won't holiday with any of my family It looks like you had a nice day though

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

im sure i would have cheerfully stangled someone today if i was you !!

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

We too had this problem at our Disney wedding trying to get everyone together at the same time!
Old 04-29-2010, 03:08 PM   #6
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

I'm with Nat, I would have throttled one of them by now.

Well done you for keeping your cool.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:38 PM   #7
suzycute
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you were having an interesting time with your family!!

I was asked for ID, and then not served because I didn't have it last September, and I was 48 then!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2010, 05:46 AM   #8
florida sun
Mrs Christopher Eccleston wannabe
Don't you know who I am ??? I was on Dr Who
I'm dizzy just reading

DISboards Moderator

Lovely day Claire apart from the inlaw slip up, lovely photo of you and Mike at the end

florida sun is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: