Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #31
sharonW
DIS Veteran

I Hope you have a magical time!!
FEEL BETTER Can't wait to hear
all about it!!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:20 PM   #32
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Have fun! I hope you get to feelin' better. What luck.

Have a good Thanksgiving!

Talk to you when you get back!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2009, 11:35 PM   #33
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
So tomorrow is the big day! We are working on packing everything up tonight, but it is slow going. Because....I stayed home sick with the flu today! Yep, my wonderful luck! I am just really glad it was today and not tomorrow when we are supposed to be in the car for most of the day. Hopefully a good night's sleep will do me some good. Luckily no one else is sick.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Oh no, Alison!! I hope you feel better soon!
ladybugmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #34
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

I hope you started to feel better and had a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear about it. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!
LilAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:38 PM   #35
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Alison, Hope you are having a Magical time in the land of Disney.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
aaaateamsgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:41 PM   #36
aaaateamsgrandma
DIS Veteran

Happy New Year Alison. Wish you all the best.

Ginny

Follow this link to see my TR. Rain, Surprise Birthdays, Rain, First Visits and did I mention Rain?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2211283&
aaaateamsgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:04 PM   #37
Bell<3Disney
Mouseketeer

silly girl!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post

One small problem….we have had 2 separate groups of people already ask to go with us. We have tried very hard to say no the nicest way possible (& normally we would be thrilled to have these people go with us), but we are sticking with the plan so far. I’m not sure it will last, but as of right now it is still just the 3 of us.
being one of those people who wanted to go with you, I have to say how dare you tell us no, and want to go on a vacation for once by yourselves!

Of course we understood!!!!
Bell<3Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:43 PM   #38
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! So sorry that I have completely slacked on this TR. It became too overwhelming to try to wrap up my first TR to WDW and start on this one as well. I am going to start this up very soon & I will probably just tack the TR onto this PTR to make it easier. Hopefully I will have some readers!

Genee - you are so funny!!
Sunset Cliffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #39
sharonW
DIS Veteran

I'll be on board, Alison!!
Hurry Back!!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:04 PM   #40
LilAnn
DIS Veteran

You know I'll be on board!
Old 03-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #41
*dreamit*doit*
Mouseketeer

I'll be here!

(but if you start it this weekend I'll be in WDW!!!! but after that...I'll be here! )
Old 03-09-2010, 01:34 PM   #42
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

I'll still here. Please don't do too many updates while I'm gone! I don't want to miss much!
tinkgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:52 PM   #43
Dugette
DIS Veteran

Yea, a new trip report! I'm here!
Dec. 10-19, 2010: Poly Club! ("How the Other Half Lives") | Nov. 10-14, 2010: Pop/BCV ("100 Eats & Drinks in 3.5 Days!")
Aug. 20-22, 2010: ASMu ("The Last-Minute Super-Bargain Bonus Trip") | June 3-7, 2010: Pop/AKL ("Star Wars Nightastically Delicious!")
Jan. 16-25, 2010: Poly/WL/POR ("The Magic and The Misery") | Sept. 9-14, 2009: Pop Century ("The Prequel") | March 10-17, 1990: Offsite ("A Disney Walk Back in Time...on Four Paws")

Dugette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:29 PM   #44
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
I'll be on board, Alison!!
Hurry Back!!
Hi there! Thanks for stopping in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnn View Post
You know I'll be on board!
How are you doing? Your trip is getting so close now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *dreamit*doit* View Post
I'll be here!

(but if you start it this weekend I'll be in WDW!!!! but after that...I'll be here! )
Lucky girl! Have a wonderful weekend trip. I hope you get just enough Disney magic to hold you over until your next trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
I'll still here. Please don't do too many updates while I'm gone! I don't want to miss much!
I'm sure that I won't do too many updates while you are gone. It has taken me this long to get started, so unless I get a fire lit under me, there will probably only be 1 or 2 updates. I am so excited for your trip. You are going to have so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugette View Post
Yea, a new trip report! I'm here!
Thanks for sticking with me!
Old 03-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #45
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

Day 1 ~ Really? This had to happen today?

My delayed trip report has finally started for our Disneyland trip last November. I’m sorry that it has taken me to so long to get started, but hopefully I will be able to put the effort into it now. Just a warning that there are no pictures from the first day, due to me being sick & not in a “picture taking” mood. I promise that there are a lot of pictures from the rest of the trip.

The story really starts the day BEFORE we left for our trip. The plan was for me to work my normal week and we would get on the road on Friday afternoon. The Wednesday night of that week, I started feeling sick. I went to bed early to try to fight it off, but when I woke up the next morning it was clear that I had a flu of some sort. I called in sick to work & stayed in bed most of the day. I really wanted to use the time to start packing but I could barely move. I was able to do laundry but no packing happened AT ALL. This is the night before we were scheduled to leave! All I could think was that it was so typical of my bad luck for me to get sick right before a major trip. I finally went to bed that night with empty suitcases & feeling really stressed.

I got up the next morning (Friday) and went to work at 7:00 AM for 2 hours. I didn’t want it to look like I was calling in sick but I was really leaving early for my trip. I was so miserable (& looking back, I honestly don’t know how I made it there, at all) but there were a few emergencies that needed to be taken care of. I finally got out the door at 9:00, & when I got home I felt terrible. Todd was still working (he runs his business from home) so I laid down and tried to figure out how to get packed when I could barely stand up.

Todd left to run some errands & Dylan decided it was a good time to be a toddler & test his mommy. Bless his heart, I think he could sense my weakness. We had a few time-outs & a lot of tears before it was over. The whole time I was just trying not to throw up. Todd came home w/ more medication & I told him that I was really frustrated because I wanted to already be in the car on the road. We were still were not packed & were not even close to being ready to leave. I could barely stand up for longer than 5 minutes before I would get dizzy & nauseous so I would need to lie back down. I had written up a To-Do list so Todd started working on it while I got myself packed (in 5 minutes spurts). I told him that I didn’t know if I would be able to drive all the way to Bakersfield that day (a 7 hour drive ).

We just kept pushing forward and the medicine finally kicked in. I felt a little better so I said “Let’s go.” We loaded up the car & left at 1:20, which is about the time I would normally get home from work. We stopped at Sonic on the way out of town to get a big drink for me. I got a large Strawberry Limeade & it tasted SO good. I had barely eaten anything in 2 days so I got a grilled cheese sandwich & I took small bites to test my stomach. I did ok so I ate about ½ of it.

Dylan started watching a movie on his DVD player and he fell asleep at about 2:15. I was happy about that until he woke up ½ hour later. Not good. He never fell back asleep the entire car ride & he did not have a nap before we left.

We just decided that we would stop whenever I needed to & so we pulled off the road quite a bit. Rest stops, gas stations, fast food places, you name it. We let Dylan out of the car a couple of times, but then he didn’t want to get back in so we stopped letting him out. We also had our dogs with us so they wanted to get out too. We drove through Sacramento at 4:00 & surprisingly, we didn’t hit very bad traffic. We were actually a little optimistic until we got to Modesto & our luck ran out. It was stop & go. No reason for it, just rush hour & weekend traffic. I really tried to sleep during the drive because it helped time go faster & I wouldn’t be awake to realize how terrible I felt. I have to say that it was the most silent car ride that Todd & I have ever had, because I was too tired to talk. We usually have great conversations on road trips, so it felt really weird.

The last 2 hours of the drive were awful. I felt so nauseous & Todd wanted to stop but I just wanted to get there so we kept going. We finally pulled into Todd’s parent’s house in Bakersfield at 9:50 pm. It had taken us 8.5 hours to drive there when it usually takes 7. I can’t believe I made it, considering how sick I was. I should get a medal or something.

We had called his parents to let them know I was sick, so I only visited w/ them for a few minutes while Todd brought in our stuff and then I went to bed. I was asleep as soon as I hit the bed, & Dylan stayed up to play with Grandma & Papa. When they came upstairs to go to bed later, they were all so noisy that it woke me up. Dylan & the dogs all jumped on the bed. Todd told Dylan to let me sleep & he had an instant melt down (no nap all day will do that to a kid!). I had him get in bed with me & I read him a book until he calmed down, then I got him to lay down on his little bed. He fell asleep pretty quickly & Todd told me that Dylan kept trying to get upstairs to see me after I had gone to bed. His missed his momma.

Everyone fell asleep quickly….except for me. I was up most of the night being sick. There is nothing worse that being sick at someone else’s house. I was up & down all night & I felt like I was keeping everyone awake. The next morning, they all said they didn’t hear me, so that made me feel better. The last time I was sick was at 6:00 am and then I finally fell asleep. What a miserable day to start the vacation!

Up next, day 2 ~ would we make it to Disneyland, as planned?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: