Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
Dimplenose
Stranger from the outside
I do tend to go over the top in Disneyness

Libby's 2009 Trip - Day 10

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9

Libby’s 2009 Trip – Day 10

Wednesday 5th August

After a few hectic days we all had a bit of a lie in today. As always I was still the first up and decided to do some laundry and let the others stay in bed for a bit longer.

We ambled over to the food court just before 10 am and it was mobbed. This was by far the latest that we have arrived for breakfast this holiday.

This is one of the wall murals – I tried to persuade the family that it’s a picture of Valerie Singleton, but they didn’t believe me.

While we are eating we decide what we’d like to do. As we are up late it seems a good idea to stay up late and go and see Spectro Magic and Wishes at the Magic Kingdom this evening. We don’t really feel like trying to fit in another park first so we all agree that Lake Buena Vista Factory Outlets looks like a good idea.

Once again DH relies on the SatNav (only this time I have a good idea of where we are going) and once again we go sailing past the entrance. This time we have an interesting (albeit very short) detour through the grounds of an hotel.

We park up and try to get our bearings. DD wants to get some Converse, DS wants to look for books and I want some Disney Souvenirs and hopefully some craft stuff. I’m not sure what DH was looking for – he’s not really a shopper. We split up into boys and girls and arranged to meet up later.

I must admit I found the bargain shopping extremely confusing. I don’t think we ever paid the prices that were labelled on any of the goods we bought. I don’t know why the pricing was so obscure as if I’d known how cheap some of the things were I’d have bought more of them.

We didn’t buy an awful lot and I was a little disappointed not to find a beach towel that I liked. We decided that we’d go and have a look at the shops at Crossroads as it was on our way back to WDW. As we parked up the skies started getting a little overcast.

We had a mooch around and then went into Goodings to buy an extra bottle of sun cream and a few snacks for later but on the whole the prices here were rather steep.

After having a late breakfast we weren’t hungry at lunch time but now we are starting to get a bit peckish so we walk over to TGI Fridays where we have one of the most relaxed, enjoyable and reasonably priced meals of our whole holiday.

DD managed to “Disneyfy” her meal by making a hidden Mickey with the onion rings.

While we are eating the heavens open. We are happy to take our time over our meal and let the rain pass.
It’s still drizzling slightly as we leave the restaurant. We head back to ASMu to drop off our shopping and have a rest. We lie on the beds and watch a bit of TV before going over to the food court for a drink and a little snack.

At 6pm we get the bus to the Magic Kingdom. This is the one place that it is much quicker to get the bus to than drive. And I know that after the fireworks the cars trying to leave the car park will be stuck in long queues. (I actually like using the buses and would be happy to use them more often but DH likes to drive everywhere so this is the only time that I win!)

As we join World Drive we see the aftermath of a road traffic accident. There id a car on its roof on the central reservation and 3 or 4 emergency vehicles parked alongside. There’s no sign of any casualties so I do hope everyone got out OK.

It is a very pleasant and warm evening with none of the rain we had earlier. There are a few things that we want to do but none that we are desperate to do.

I have noticed a lot of lime green in the shops this year – is it in honour of the DIS ?!!

After an amble down Main Street ...

... we get to the Carousel of Progress which has hardly any queue. I enjoy this gentle attraction and corny as it may sound feel a connection with Walt himself as we watch it.

Next we do Mickeys Philharmagic. DS hates 3D movies since being terrorised by Honey I Shrunk the Audience as a 7 year old (he’s 18 now!) but enjoys this one (minus the glasses.)

A photo taken on the way.

Now we go over to Pirates of the Caribbean (our most ridden ride this year). DD is after a hoodie that she saw earlier but they only have mens size 2XL left and it looks like a dressing gown on her.

After a minor sulk (and a promise that we’ll look for hoodies in DTD) we stake out a spot on the verandah outside Pecos Bills to watch the parade. We have quite a long wait as although the parade is scheduled to start at 9pm it takes a good 20 minutes to make its way to this part of the park. We fill our time by eating popcorn and watching the souvenir vendors with their carts.

I really enjoyed the parade. We have a very good view (although my photographs are rather disappointing) and I have a tear in my eye – partly thinking back to the last time we saw the parade when DS was 11 and thinking that next time we see it there will be just me and DH (if we do ever get back to WDW).

Once the parade has passed by we start walking back to Main Street. We get as far as Liberty Square and find the crowd is just too heavy to get any further. DS is feeling rather light headed so I sit him down and make him drink lots of water (he’s only had coke to drink today.) We had an OK view of the fireworks – and we got a clear view of Tinker Bell – but it’s not as good as watching from Main Street. By the end of the show I’m even more emotional.

We walk back down Main Street (through the shops as it’s cooler and quicker than in the street itself.)

We get on the 4th bus – that sounds bad but we really didn’t have to wait long (less than 15 minutes). The buses are coming thick and fast and are even double parking so that they can load two buses at the same time.

Once we are back at ASmu we have a lovely walk in the warm night air back to our room. I love coming back to the hotel and finding people still have fun in the pools while I’m feeling tired but content with my day.

We all soon fall into bed. I watch a Johnny Depp interview for a little while before drifting off to sleep.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Another great day Libby. Lovely photos too

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2009, 07:55 AM   #3
Latte Lover
in charge of the credit cards and plotting quickest routes to the shopping malls

Really enjoying your reports. Libby.

1975 Royal Plaza 1997 Master's Inn Kissimee 1999 Clarion Universal 2001 Howard Johnson Maingate East 2003 Econolodge 2005 Howard Johnson Maingate West 2006 Our Timeshare at Sheraton Vistana Resort 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 Sheraton Vistana(May), Terrace Ridge (Aug)Nov 2009 Barefoot'n' in the keys, Kissimmee2010 Cumbrian LakesOct 2011 Sheraton & Disney MagicNov 2012 Florida Keys, The Sheraton, and OKW
Latte Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #4
tony64
Should've been a Cowboy
In charge of driving & collecting coffee and doughnuts for breakfast

another lovely report Libby, they are rally getting me in the mood for our holiday.
1995 Paris 1997 Masters Inn 1999 Clarion Floridian 2001 HoJo 2003 Econolodge 2005 HoJo 2006 Sheraton Vistana 2007 Club Sevilla 2008 May Sheraton Vistana 2008 Aug Terrace Ridge 2009 Barefoot'n in the Keys 2010 Villa at Cumbrian Lakes2011 Sheraton Vistana & The Magic 2012KeyLargo, Sheriton Vistana & OKW
The Buckland Disney Stampede August 2005 TripThe S.V.R. 2006 Trip T&T Do Thanksgiving 2007 Trip T&T & 2 1st Timers May 2008 Trip T&T Do the Triple Aug 2008 Trip T&T's 2nd Thanksgiving Trip 1975 & 2010 A double trip Bad Mothers & Others Oct 2011 Key West to Old Key West Nov 2012

tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:49 PM   #5
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Well, I think your photos of Spectro are great.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #6
Dimplenose
Stranger from the outside
I do tend to go over the top in Disneyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ware Bears View Post
Well, I think your photos of Spectro are great.
Those were the OK ones. Most looked something like this:-

Old 10-18-2009, 12:28 PM   #7
Cyrano

Disney VIP
Anyone for haggis
Aren't we all a cagey lot

DISboards Moderator

We can't do early starts and late nights so do someone similar on the evenings we want to see the fireworks

Theme Park Attractions & Strategies board

Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion.
Cyrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:35 PM   #8
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplenose View Post
Those were the OK ones. Most looked something like this:-

That's what mine usually look like!! Luckily my DD has just got herself a super duper camera with a huge lens so she can be chief photographer from now on.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: