Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 10:49 AM   #121
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Second Full Day - Dinner

We ended the day at my favorite park in the world by eating at Teppan Edo. When we came last year this restaurant was closed - I believe for renovation - so we didn't get the chance to eat here. When we began going through possible reservation choices this one was a no brainer for us - we love us some teppan grill

I have to admit that once again I was a bad girl and did not take any pictures So, I will try to move this one along quickly in order to get to a future update that includes some eye candy

Candi started with the Sushi Sampler - $9.50 - not included on the meal plan

This would be a first for Candi as he had never had sushi before, which was the main reason he ordered the sampler. It included 5 pieces of sushi - tuna, yellow tail, shrimp nigiri and 2 pieces of the California roll. He was most excited about the California roll because so many people had told him it was the best kind of sushi. For him this would not be the case, in fact, it was his least favorite of them all His favorite was the tuna followed by the yellow tail and then the shrimp. At this point he had not had any sushi to compare it to, but enjoyed it a lot and declared himself a sushi lover I took very tiny bites of each kind and disliked them all

For my appetizer I had the edamame - $4.50

Now, ya'll are probably gonna laugh your pants off, but I had no idea that these were soy beans. I had only seen a picture of them and thought they were a version of snap peas - my favorite if ya remember Well, sitting at a table full of strangers when you try to eat soy beans as such is quite embarrassing considering you are not supposed to eat the "pod" part Oh, the empty bowl you brought me is for after I eat the beans out of the pod I must admit I did not enjoy them at all, but it is probably due to the fact that they weren't what I thought they were. Candi was too busy laughing at me to try them so he has no opinion on them

For his main course Candi had the filet mignon - $29.95

This was absolutely delicious - he said it was cooked perfectly and had the perfect amount of spices and flavor. I had a bite and would have to agree. We go to teppan grill places all the time and this steak is definitely one of the best we have had!

I had the Nihonboshi (chicken and steak combo) - $28.95

I believe this steak was a New York steak and although it was good, it just didn't compare to the filet mignon that Candi had. No worries, I ordered it mainly for the chicken because I had eaten so much steak up to this point Oh my goodness - this chicken was heavenly It was cooked to absolute perfection and had amazing flavor. I am not kidding when I say that I have never had chicken that tasted this good anywhere!!

Both entrees came with vegetables, steamed rice and noodles. All was very tasty but I wish they had fried rice Somebody at our table said it was because fried rice isn't actually a japanese dish and, although I appreciate this, I still missed it

To drink we had an iced tea and a diet coke - $2.95 each

We both skipped dessert - nothing sounded very appealing and we were completely stuffed.

Upon leaving the restaurant we walked out and saw this

We just so happened to finish eating as the fireworks show was beginning We stayed at the top of the stairs and enjoyed the show from the balcony area.

This was completely unplanned and the perfect way to end our night

Our Overall Thoughts On Teppan Edo:

LOVED IT!! The service was amazing - they are so respectful and polite - everyone from the hostesses to the waiters to the cooks. They all make you feel like you are eating dinner at your own home and are definitely there to make you happy. The food was outstanding - some of the best we had all week. And to top it all off our cook was top notch - not only was the food excellent but she was full of energy, singing and telling jokes and making sure that all the food was cooked exactly how we wanted it. Teppan Edo is definitely on our "must do" list - quite possibly every time we come back!

Starting Credits:

Snack - 28 (14 each)

Meal - 34 (17 each)

Credits Used vs Cost:

Iced tea, diet coke, edamame, steak/chicken combo and filet mignon: 2 table service credits used

Sushi Sampler: $9.50 paid out of pocket because sushi doesn't count as an appetizer at this restaurant

Total Cost: $83.93 after tax
Old 12-02-2009, 12:26 PM   #122
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Another wonderful review
We ate at Teppan Edo on our last trip and loved it. It was my birthday and they made a real fuss of me
I am a big fan of sushi so we are going to go to Tokyo Dining on our next trip and can't wait
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #123
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

I'm really enjoying your reviews, they're making me hungry!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #124
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Yum! We love hibachi, but we have such an amazing place near us (they do the fried rice) that we were afraid we wouldn't like Teppan Edo as much. Sounds yummy, though! Filet mignon is my favorite, although I usually just end up getting steak at our place. Glad you guys had a wonderful meal!
Old 12-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #125
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Another wonderful review
We ate at Teppan Edo on our last trip and loved it. It was my birthday and they made a real fuss of me
I am a big fan of sushi so we are going to go to Tokyo Dining on our next trip and can't wait
Thank you so much My Husband wants to try Tokyo Dining next time but I'm not convinced yet considering I don't like sushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
I'm really enjoying your reviews, they're making me hungry!
Thanks - they make me hungry every time I write them

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Yum! We love hibachi, but we have such an amazing place near us (they do the fried rice) that we were afraid we wouldn't like Teppan Edo as much. Sounds yummy, though! Filet mignon is my favorite, although I usually just end up getting steak at our place. Glad you guys had a wonderful meal!
Yeah, I know how it is to be scared to try a place because you like a different one so much Thanks for reading
Old 12-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #126
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Second Full Day - Snack

Once we returned to the hotel we were both extremely thirsty, but neither of us felt like going all the way to the room to get our refillable mugs. Instead we decided to just use some of our snack credits on some bottled drinks. We hadn't used snack credits all day - we were just so full all the time.

Candi got two bottles of water and I got a bottle of Nestea cool lemon iced tea - ahhhhhhhh my favorite - $2.49 each bottle

Starting Credits:

Snack - 28 (14 each)

Meal - 32 (16 each)

Credits Used vs Cost:

2 bottled waters (Dasani) and a bottled Lipton tea: 3 snack credits used - $7.47 before tax

Just wanted to do a quick update this morning - I will post our breakfast from the next day this afternoon. Hope ya'll are having a great start to your weekend
Old 12-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #127
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Your reviews are fantastic
Old 12-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #128
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Your reviews are fantastic
Thank you so much
Old 12-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #129
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Third Full Day - Breakfast

This morning we were headed to the waterparks so we didn't plan a big breakfast reservation. I also promised Candi we could sleep in until our "internal alarm clocks" went off Of course mine went off way earlier than his so I decided to head down to Roaring Forks to grab a small breakfast with the use of some more snack credits. It was actually pretty crowded this morning so I kind of grabbed the first couple of things that looked good.

Chocolate milk, danish and blueberry muffin - $7.23

Chocolate milk is my favorite breakfast beverage and definitely hit the spot! Candi still had a bottled water from the night before so he drank that and since the crazy kid loves him some water he said it also hit the spot Candi chose the danish which he said was perfect - nice and flaky on the outside but soft on the inside. He granted me one teeny, tiny bite and it wasn't even with the middle filling but it was definitely yummy! My blueberry muffin was delicious - tasted very fresh with no stale parts and tons of large blueberries within the muffin.

Once again, we found Roaring Forks to be the perfect spot for a quick bite and would recommend it to anybody staying at Wilderness Lodge!

Starting Credits:

Snack - 25 (12 for Candi and 13 for me - not that I was keeping track or anything )

Meal - 32 (16 each)

Credits Used vs Cost:

Bottle of chocolate milk, danish and blueberry muffin: 3 snack credits used - $7.23 after tax

* Sorry I didn't get the breakdown of each item - I'm guessing the chocolate milk was $2.49 as that is what all the other beverages we purchased were.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #131
CapnJacksGirl
Mom to two little scalliwags!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
We both skipped dessert - nothing sounded very appealing and we were completely stuffed.
If you go back to Teppan Edo, you must try the chocolate ginger cake! It is so light and yummy, and the ginger is just enough to make you go "hmmmm, what is that?" I love it - and always take it to go if I just can't get it down!
Old 12-07-2009, 12:24 PM   #132
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJacksGirl;
If you go back to Teppan Edo, you must try the chocolate ginger cake! It is so light and yummy, and the ginger is just enough to make you go "hmmmm, what is that?" I love it - and always take it to go if I just can't get it down!
100% with you on the chocolate ginger cake
Old 12-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #133
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mmmmm - Chocolate Milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnJacksGirl View Post
Quote:
100% with you on the chocolate ginger cake
I promise to try it on our next trip because Teppan is definitely on our must do list
Old 12-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #134
tatemiak
Earning My Ears

Loving your report. Page 9, but I'm in! My oldest dd will be turning 8 at Disney in January. She requested Teppan Edo for her birthday dinner. After reading your report it sounds like she made a good decision.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #135
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatemiak View Post
Loving your report. Page 9, but I'm in! My oldest dd will be turning 8 at Disney in January. She requested Teppan Edo for her birthday dinner. After reading your report it sounds like she made a good decision.
I am willing to say with the utmost certainty that you will enjoy your dinner at Teppan Edo! Happy early Birthday to your daughter
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: