Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 11:09 AM   #151
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eemmie1 View Post
I am a little late but your reviews are wonderfull!
You're never too late to join in - WELCOME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh&OurHunny View Post
Enjoying your update.
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
VERY nice report! I like this SO much I'm keepig a list for my next trip.
Ooooh, you most definitely need to write a dining report so I can see how much you liked everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giselle22 View Post
Mmmmm that all sounds so good! My friend and I ALWAYS make sure we get a cherry coke when we go to Disneyland--I'm not even a big coke fan (or soda at all) but Disney makes them sooooo yummy with the syrup!

That ice cream and milkshake look amazing! Can you go there and just get ice cream without having a reservation?
You actually can't make reservations at all for Beaches & Cream but yes you can just get dessert

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Yummy, Beaches and Cream looks terrific!
It was one of my favorite meals of the trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizneydaz View Post
Just read all your postings. Great report so far. Can't wait to read more.

When we went in Sept. my DM had the chocolate ginger cake at Tokyo Dining. I had a bite (or two) it is very good. Much better than it sounds. I had the Green Tea pudding, which I liked as well.

I'm on board now....
Welcome I will most definitely try the chocolate ginger cake next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah4382 View Post
I haven't found anyone who is an adventerous eater either. So, I just go by myself! I have been twice. It is devine!!! It's something I look forward to every year for my birthday present to myself now. I already have my ADR for next year!! Now, I have to find the perfect cocktail dress!!
Now, I do like a good excuse to buy a new dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBennett View Post
mmm, I want me some beaches and cream!!
ME TOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Oh my word - your Banana Split looks wonderful
This is certainly going to be a 'must do' on our next trip
Trust me, you won't be disappointed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmav View Post
Just finished catching up, I am definitely a fan! Cant wait to see what your verdict on the deluxe plan was!
Thank you so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishes Count View Post
Just joining in now. I love your review, I'm very jealous! Haha I'm going to try to convince my DBF to do the Deluxe Dining for a future trip.
What we did was lay out where we planned on eating beforehand - which we had to do to make reservations anyway. Then we looked at which dining plan appeared to be more worth the money

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebsterama View Post
Truly enjoying the reviews and the pics!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Zebsterama
Thank you, Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWVPam View Post
Great dining reviews. We will be arriving in Orlando on Saturday and can't wait.
Oh my goodness - I am extremely envious - you are in Orlando right now
Old 12-24-2009, 11:28 PM   #152
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I also am late but loving your reviews !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #153
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Mind if I get on board late? I love your pics, and the way your reviews are well thought out.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:29 PM   #154
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Will there be more?? I am loving your review and re-thinking our Sugar Loaf and regular DDP and thinking of going to Theme Park View and DxDP.

We did the DxDP last June and it was a lot of food - but I love the signature restaurants like CRT, Narcoosee's and Citricos..so we'll see.
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

Old 12-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #155
disneydreamertoo
Mouseketeer

I'm enjoying reading your reviews! I'm sitting on the fence regarding the Deluxe Dining Plan and found your report after doing a "search" for more info about it. I always find the best threads when I do that! I'm glad I didn't miss yours! Really enjoying your writing style and how upfront you are about things!

Old 12-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #156
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I also am late but loving your reviews !!
Thanks so much for joining in

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
Mind if I get on board late? I love your pics, and the way your reviews are well thought out.
No such thing as late - I'm not even halfway done Thank you for the compliemnts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Will there be more?? I am loving your review and re-thinking our Sugar Loaf and regular DDP and thinking of going to Theme Park View and DxDP.

We did the DxDP last June and it was a lot of food - but I love the signature restaurants like CRT, Narcoosee's and Citricos..so we'll see.
There will definitely be more - hopefully an update later today

Can't wait to hear what decision you make about the room/dining plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamertoo View Post
I'm enjoying reading your reviews! I'm sitting on the fence regarding the Deluxe Dining Plan and found your report after doing a "search" for more info about it. I always find the best threads when I do that! I'm glad I didn't miss yours! Really enjoying your writing style and how upfront you are about things!
Thank you so much! I am hoping to have another update done later today. When is your trip?
Old 12-26-2009, 08:48 PM   #157
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

Quote:
Can't wait to hear what decision you make about the room/dining plan
Well, as of today, I'm leaning towards the DxDP in a BIG way. I've even started a spreadsheet so I can make my reservations in a week and a half.

But, I am also considering a switch to the Wilderness Lodge. Although my heart will always belong to the GF, I have been looking at pictures of the WL and I miss the warm, cozy atmosphere! We haven't stayed there in a couple of years, and I really miss it. But I'm still undecided altogether, so I'll be hanging out on DISboards to get some more ideas!

Can't wait to read more of your review!!!
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

Old 12-27-2009, 04:11 PM   #158
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

My family loves B&C too and only about a week ago we ate there and the roast beef sub was delicious
Old 12-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #159
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scanne View Post
Well, as of today, I'm leaning towards the DxDP in a BIG way. I've even started a spreadsheet so I can make my reservations in a week and a half.

But, I am also considering a switch to the Wilderness Lodge. Although my heart will always belong to the GF, I have been looking at pictures of the WL and I miss the warm, cozy atmosphere! We haven't stayed there in a couple of years, and I really miss it. But I'm still undecided altogether, so I'll be hanging out on DISboards to get some more ideas!

Can't wait to read more of your review!!!
Oh, my heart belongs to the WL as that is where we spent our honeymoon Just don't let her know that we have since fallen in love with AKL

Will you be doing a dining and/or trip report?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
My family loves B&C too and only about a week ago we ate there and the roast beef sub was delicious
Yummy, yummy, yummy!!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:09 PM   #160
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Third Full Day - Dinner or Late Night Snack

First, I want to say that I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season with those close to them

Second, I want to apologize - I am feeling very much under the weather but cannot sleep and wanted to get an update posted. So please excuse any bad grammar (any more than usual anyway ) and forgive all misspelled words

Now, on with the show....

After our wonderful meal at Beaches and Cream we spent a lot of time roaming around the Beach and Yacht Club resorts and then headed over to Hollywood Studios for extra magic hours

Upon returning Candi was craving pizza and water in a BIG way so I told him to call and order room service while I took a shower. After my very long and very relaxing shower I saw this

Ummmm, honey - thought we were ordering a pizza not a buffet

Just like all other meals on the dining plan, the pizza room service included two appetizers, two desserts and drinks.

In it's entirety we had:

Cheese Plate - the same one served at Artist Point ($15.99), Chips and salsa - the ones served at Whispering Canyon Cafe ($14.99), Pepperoni Pizza ($19.49 + $1.00 for the 1 topping), Pecan Pie ($7.49), Fruit Plate ($6.99), 1 bottle of Evian water ($7.99) and 1 can of Root Beer ($2.99) - WHEW, that was a lot of food!!

Now, let's take a closer look at everything

Candi is a big 'ol dork and found it to be fun and exciting to order big bottles of Evian water because we would never ever pay for it in "real life." Though he admits that it doesn't really taste too much different than a plain bottle of Dasani. But, keep in mind that EVERYTHING beats the taste of Florida tap water

We've already covered the fact that I LOVE Root Beer, but $3.00 for one can I must admit that I find this to be thoroughly annoying. Luckily, I never saw the receipt until just now and was in heaven with my little can of heaven

Appetizer one was the chips and salsa and we were told these were the same ones served at Whispering Canyon Cafe. To both of us it tasted like a more seasoned version of Pace Picante. Being born and raised in New Mexico, Candi finds this type of salsa to be unedible. I was born and raised in Kansas, so to me, Pace Picante is 100% pure Mexican food at it's best However, I have been spoiled living in New Mexico and being able to eat fresh, homemade salsa for the last 8 years. So we will meet in the middle and give the salsa one thumb up and one thumb down

Appetizer two was the cheese plate with a plate of crackers and we were told this is the same cheese plate served at Artist Point. This is the first time we have ever ordered a cheese plate so please don't hate me for not knowing the proper names of each. If I remember correctly the far left was Midnight Moon, the middle was a blue cheese and the one on the right was a white cheddar. There were also pieces of walnut bread, dried cherries and something else on the plate. Candi loved the moon cheese, refused to touch the blue cheese and really like the cheddar. He is typically a cheddar man but loves it extra sharp and this wasn't sharp enough for his liking. To be honest I liked all the cheeses, but the cheddar was hands down the best of the three. I really liked the blue cheese but it was definitely a stronger blue cheese and you have to be a fan to enjoy it.

The main course was, of course, the pizza. It was, after all, the whole reason we ordered room service! Man, oh man, it was absolutely delicious! There was tons of ooey, gooey, melty cheese all over it and enough pepperonis to satisfy the both of us. It was hot and fresh when it was delivered and definitely hit the spot!

Finally, there was dessert. In the front of the picture you can see the pecan pie, which was Candi's choice. To be honest, I was so full (and tired) when we got to dessert I can't remember if I tasted it, let alone liked it Candi, however, never lets a good piece of pecan pie go to waste and put it in the fridge for breakfast I remember him saying that it was good but nothing spectacular. Sorry, I know that isn't exactly a thrilling review!

For my dessert Candi ordered me the fruit platter. I also put it in the fridge for breakfast but do remember eating it. It was delicious! All the fruit was nice and fresh and the yogurt dip they give you with it had just enough flavor. It made the fruit more tasty without overpowering the actual taste of the fruit

Our Overall Thoughts on Wilderness Lodge Room Service:

With the exception of the salsa and pecan pie, everything exceeded our expectations. With this in mind, had we not been on the deluxe plan we would never have ordered all of that food. We would have stuck with the drinks and pizza and possibly one dessert. However, it was fun to feel extra spoiled for the night and who doesn't enjoy food being delivered to them while they lounge in their PJs

Starting Credits:

Snack - 18 (9 each)

Meal - 30 (15 each)

Credits Used vs Cost:

Cheese plate, chips & salsa, pepperoni pizza, pecan pie, fruit plate, 1 can of root beer and 1 bottle of Evian water - 4 table service credits used (2 for each adult) - $98.46

** This total includes an automatic 18% gratuity added to all room service orders along with a $3.00 delivery fee
Old 12-27-2009, 11:11 PM   #161
cdotla
Trish

Hopping on board!

Enjoying your TR...and counting the days until we arrive for our Deluxe Dining!
Old 12-28-2009, 12:23 AM   #162
jbmgsdmom
Mouseketeer

Hopping on board

Great reviews. We are planning our trip in late Oct 2010 with our family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids: 13, 8, & 3) and have been going back in forth with either the DxDP or DDP. Can't wait to hear more.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:59 AM   #163
amamed1
Mouseketeer

Hopping on Board also, we will be traveling in January and I am really enjoying your TR.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:35 AM   #164
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

That Cheese plate looks delish !!! I would have LOVED the Blue cheese ,PacePice sounds good to me too !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 12-28-2009, 01:40 AM   #165
kamikazecat
DIS Veteran

I am so glad I wandered into your report tonight. Everything sounds amazing so far. I can't wait to read more. We are doing deluxe dining for two weeks this June and are super excited. You should have seen my face when I scored the CRT ressie at 8:00 am. Even my 4yo son is excited to eat in the castle

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: