Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #136
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Third Full Day - Afternoon Snack

After spending the day at the Blizzard Beach we were both completely pooped and I decided to formulate a new game plan for the rest of the night. We originally had plans to grab lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe and then a late dinner at Artist Point. Sounds simple enough right - I mean they are both restaurants right in our own hotel Welp, we were too darn tired to even think about doing a sit-down lunch and dinner. I called and cancelled our WCC reservation and decided we would see how we felt after a nap. In the end we decided to get us a snack to hold us over.

I let Candi stay in the room and I headed back to Roaring Forks - I was a regular at this point

I grabbed a bowl of the soup of the day - chicken noodle and a bowl of chili. I know, I know we only gave it a thumbs halfway up on the first day but I was willing to give it a try anyway.

Overall thoughts - the chicken noodle pretty much tasted like Progressive from a can but we love that soup so it was a-ok with us The chili was actually pretty darn good as well. I cheated a little bit and as I scooped it into my bowl I drained the grease out so it wasn't too greasy when I ate it - added a bunch of saltines and WA-LA yummy yummy chili

Starting Credits:

Snack - 22 (11 each)

Meal - 32

Credits Used vs Cost:

Bowl of chili, bowl of chicken noodle soup, root beer and a coke - 2 snack credits and 2 refillable mug refills used - $7.06 (if you don't have the refillable mugs add another $5.00 for the two drinks )

*** I promise the next update has lots of pictures and will be much more exciting
Old 12-13-2009, 12:29 PM   #137
ariel1025
DIS Veteran

Third Full Day - Late lunch or eary dinner whichever you may call it

Welp, I woke up long before the Hubby and decided to make an "executive decision" I could tell from how loud the snoring was in our room that Candi was straight out exhausted - probably a combo of travel day and humidity. I wasn't that tired but just didn't feel too much like getting all dressed up for our planned Artist Point reservation. While he continued to sleep I got online and decided that if I could switch the reservation to what was supposed to be our "free day" that I would make tonight our "free day" instead.

Everything worked out and when Candi woke up he was overjoyed with my decision

So, instead of Artist Point we ended up at Beaches & Cream After we actually found the restaurant - we ended up having to ask because we never actually thought of checking by the pool - I fell in love instantly

Even the menus had a fun and carefree vibe.

I wish I had taken a picture of the restaurant because I always hear about how crowded it is in here but we were seated instantly - at a table - and were one of only 3 other couples there.

Our waitress was Melissa and she was super friendly and always prompt with refills and the food.

To drink Candi had a cherry coke - coke with cherry syrup added MMMM - $2.29 + $0.80 for the flavor

I had a vanilla coke - again, coke with vanilla syrup added - even more MMMMM than Candi's - $2.29 + $0.80 for the flavor

For my main I had the roast beef sandwich with fries - $11.49

It was topped with melted provolone cheese, onions and bell peppers and it was delicious! The bread was toasted perfectly and the meat was tender. It had great flavor and you just can't go wrong with ooey, gooey, melted cheese. My one single complaint would be that it needed more onions - but I am an addict when it comes to onions! The fries were perfect as well - not too mushy but not too crispy and piping hot when they came to the table. Candi had a bite of the sandwich as well and the only difference is he used the au jus dip that it came with - which I hate but he loves. He agreed that it was a perfect sandwich!

For Candi's main he had a double cheeseburger and fries - $11.49

He also added a side of chili for his fries which they didn't charge him for - I'm not sure if they were supposed to or not Candi said he was a little worried when his burger first came out - they patties looked a little flimsy and pre-made but after one bite he had a change of heart. He said it was flavored absolutely perfect and the cheese was melted just right. The lettuce and tomatoes that came with it were also nice and crispy and perfectly ripe. He also agreed that the fries were perfect and the chili made them even better. I had a small bite of the burger and agreed that it was really good but in desperate need of some onions

Now choosing dessert was probably the hardest part of the meal - there were just too many things that sounded tempting.

In the end I chose the banana split - $7.99

Never in my life have I had ice cream that required a bowl and a plate The banana split had chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream; strawberry and pineapple topping, whipped cream, toasted almonds and two slices of banana. I kid you not - this was heaven in a bowl err on a plate - whatever you consider the serving container - it was perfection The ice cream was delicious - not hard, not soft and no sign of icky frost bite that some ice cream has - the bananas were perfectly ripe and there was enough whip cream to satisfy even me who thinks every sundae should contain half a bottle of whip cream As hard as a I tried, I was not able to finish this perfection and easily could have been shared by two people. Candi had a small bite but since he does not like half the ingredients he just wasn't blown away like me. I know, I know, he's such a strange creature

Unlike me, Candi went with a more simple dessert - butterscotch milkshake - $4.99

Vanilla ice cream, butterscotch, whipped cream, almonds and a cherry. He found it to be simply refreshing and enjoyed the whole thing, including the shake cup they bring out with it. If anything, he said it could have used slightly more butterscotch but had enough to still be flavorful and delicous! I had a drink and thought it was good but a waste of a dessert with all the other options

Our Overall Thoughts on Beaches & Cream:

Do I really need to answer this? We absolutely loved everything about it. Great food, great service, great atmosphere and a great reason to check out the Beach Club hotel. We couldn't have been happier with our choice or our decision to go for some easy eating instead of a fancy restaurant that afternoon/evening.

Starting Credits:

Snack - 20 (10 each)

Meal - 32 (16 each)

Credits Used vs Cost:

coke with cherry syrup, coke with vanilla syrup, roast beef sandwich with fries, double cheeseburger with fries and a side of chili, banana split and a butterscotch milkshake - 2 table service credits used - $44.88 including tax

I also forgot to add at Blizzard Beach we had a Mickey Ice cream sandwich ($3.09) and a frozen lemonade ($3.19). Don't have any pictures - but they were both nice and refreshing after a long day in the water and everything taste better when it's shaped like Mickey 2 snack credits were used.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #138
eemmie1
DIS Veteran

I am a little late but your reviews are wonderfull!
Old 12-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #139
Pooh&OurHunny
DIS Veteran

Enjoying your update.

Grand Floridian (son 1st Disney Trip) May & October2007
Swan Feb 2008
AKL May 2008
Swan & CSR December 2010
Old 12-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #140
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

VERY nice report! I like this SO much I'm keepig a list for my next trip.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #141
Giselle22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel1025 View Post
So, instead of Artist Point we ended up at Beaches & Cream After we actually found the restaurant - we ended up having to ask because we never actually thought of checking by the pool - I fell in love instantly

Even the menus had a fun and carefree vibe.

I wish I had taken a picture of the restaurant because I always hear about how crowded it is in here but we were seated instantly - at a table - and were one of only 3 other couples there.

Our waitress was Melissa and she was super friendly and always prompt with refills and the food.

To drink Candi had a cherry coke - coke with cherry syrup added MMMM - $2.29 + $0.80 for the flavor

I had a vanilla coke - again, coke with vanilla syrup added - even more MMMMM than Candi's - $2.29 + $0.80 for the flavor

For my main I had the roast beef sandwich with fries - $11.49

It was topped with melted provolone cheese, onions and bell peppers and it was delicious! The bread was toasted perfectly and the meat was tender. It had great flavor and you just can't go wrong with ooey, gooey, melted cheese. My one single complaint would be that it needed more onions - but I am an addict when it comes to onions! The fries were perfect as well - not too mushy but not too crispy and piping hot when they came to the table. Candi had a bite of the sandwich as well and the only difference is he used the au jus dip that it came with - which I hate but he loves. He agreed that it was a perfect sandwich!

For Candi's main he had a double cheeseburger and fries - $11.49

He also added a side of chili for his fries which they didn't charge him for - I'm not sure if they were supposed to or not Candi said he was a little worried when his burger first came out - they patties looked a little flimsy and pre-made but after one bite he had a change of heart. He said it was flavored absolutely perfect and the cheese was melted just right. The lettuce and tomatoes that came with it were also nice and crispy and perfectly ripe. He also agreed that the fries were perfect and the chili made them even better. I had a small bite of the burger and agreed that it was really good but in desperate need of some onions

Now choosing dessert was probably the hardest part of the meal - there were just too many things that sounded tempting.

In the end I chose the banana split - $7.99

Never in my life have I had ice cream that required a bowl and a plate The banana split had chocolate, vanilla and strawberry ice cream; strawberry and pineapple topping, whipped cream, toasted almonds and two slices of banana. I kid you not - this was heaven in a bowl err on a plate - whatever you consider the serving container - it was perfection The ice cream was delicious - not hard, not soft and no sign of icky frost bite that some ice cream has - the bananas were perfectly ripe and there was enough whip cream to satisfy even me who thinks every sundae should contain half a bottle of whip cream As hard as a I tried, I was not able to finish this perfection and easily could have been shared by two people. Candi had a small bite but since he does not like half the ingredients he just wasn't blown away like me. I know, I know, he's such a strange creature

Unlike me, Candi went with a more simple dessert - butterscotch milkshake - $4.99

Vanilla ice cream, butterscotch, whipped cream, almonds and a cherry. He found it to be simply refreshing and enjoyed the whole thing, including the shake cup they bring out with it. If anything, he said it could have used slightly more butterscotch but had enough to still be flavorful and delicous! I had a drink and thought it was good but a waste of a dessert with all the other options
Mmmmm that all sounds so good! My friend and I ALWAYS make sure we get a cherry coke when we go to Disneyland--I'm not even a big coke fan (or soda at all) but Disney makes them sooooo yummy with the syrup!

That ice cream and milkshake look amazing! Can you go there and just get ice cream without having a reservation?

Last edited by Giselle22; 12-15-2009 at 12:44 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #142
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Yummy, Beaches and Cream looks terrific!
Old 12-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #143
Dizneydaz
DIS Veteran

Just read all your postings. Great report so far. Can't wait to read more.

When we went in Sept. my DM had the chocolate ginger cake at Tokyo Dining. I had a bite (or two) it is very good. Much better than it sounds. I had the Green Tea pudding, which I liked as well.

I'm on board now....
Old 12-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #144
Sarah4382
Disney is truly "The Happiest Place on Earth!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciciwoowoo View Post
Oh my goodness, does that sound yummy!!!

And truly, if you compare the prices around Disney, $88 isn't that bad for a meal there. Its not something you'd do every day, but its not like eating at Victoria and Alberts either!

(which is something I dearly want to do, but have to find someone who is an adventurous eater first!)
I haven't found anyone who is an adventerous eater either. So, I just go by myself! I have been twice. It is devine!!! It's something I look forward to every year for my birthday present to myself now. I already have my ADR for next year!! Now, I have to find the perfect cocktail dress!!
been saved, through faith -
and this is not from yourselves,
it is the gift from God - not by
works, so that no man can
boast"
- Ephesians 2:8-9 -
Old 12-14-2009, 12:05 AM   #145
BecBennett
Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.

mmm, I want me some beaches and cream!!
Old 12-14-2009, 02:18 AM   #146
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Oh my word - your Banana Split looks wonderful
This is certainly going to be a 'must do' on our next trip
Old 12-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #147
angelmav
DIS Veteran

Just finished catching up, I am definitely a fan! Cant wait to see what your verdict on the deluxe plan was!
Old 12-15-2009, 07:27 PM   #148
Wishes Count
DIS Veteran

Just joining in now. I love your review, I'm very jealous! Haha I'm going to try to convince my DBF to do the Deluxe Dining for a future trip.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:27 PM   #149
zebsterama
Mouseketeer

Truly enjoying the reviews and the pics!

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Zebsterama
Old 12-16-2009, 11:47 PM   #150
BWVPam
Loves being at WDW!

Great dining reviews. We will be arriving in Orlando on Saturday and can't wait.

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: