DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #31
DVC Mike

DVC Member @ BLT, VGC, VWL, BWV, BCV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkaay View Post
I just got off the phone with MS. I called to add a name to a reservation. At the end of the call, he told me (as a heads up) that we will no longer be receiving the valet parking perk. We have to pay the full price from now on.
If true, this is bad news.

My DVC Home Resorts: Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk Villas, and Villas at the Grand Floridian

DVC Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:46 PM   #32
jarestel
DIS Veteran

It was a nice perk while it was available. Sounds like it's gone soon. As the wizened members of our DIS community always tell the "newbies": Don't fall in love with any of the perks, because they can be gone at a moment's notice.

I guess the wizened members of our DIS community are absolutely correct!
jarestel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #33
Pirate Jack
Mouseketeer

I have a reservation beginning Oct 12. So foar no email or phone call regarding this news! I wonder if they will simply tell me when I arrive?

[
[img]
Pirate Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:06 PM   #34
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
I predict the Florida discount on APs will be next.
GO WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP!!!

The Florida-resident rates and discounts have been around for a very long time and will probably continue -- as will AP rates and benefits, I suspect. Both groups are ones which respond very positively to those discounts...as DVCers have to the DVC AP discount.

As attractive as Disney's Florida-resident discounts are, they pale in comparison with other competitors, so I don't see them completely abandoning the 4th largest state in the country and their biggest market.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:17 PM   #35
Tara
Bad Influence

Specific information like "beginning October 11th" makes a big difference in the believability of these reports.

This stinks - that has been a terrific perk and I'm sad to see it go! That said, I didn't buy in for the perks, and I just posted last night on the Transportation board that I've always considered WDW valet parking to be an incredible deal. I paid it before -- I'll pay it going forward.

The thing that annoys me is when discounts or perks quickly go away with pretty much no notice whatsoever.

Tara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #36
toocherie

By the way, the foregoing is not LEGAL advice
I'm also easy--it says so on all the bathroom walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
GO WASH YOUR MOUTH OUT WITH SOAP!!!

The Florida-resident rates and discounts have been around for a very long time and will probably continue -- as will AP rates and benefits, I suspect. Both groups are ones which respond very positively to those discounts...as DVCers have to the DVC AP discount.

As attractive as Disney's Florida-resident discounts are, they pale in comparison with other competitors, so I don't see them completely abandoning the 4th largest state in the country and their biggest market.
Let me clarify--I meant the DVC Florida discount of $100 off an AP. As opposed to the DVC California discount of $20 which is a pittance compared to Florida. Whether Florida "resident" discounts will be affected--who knows?

And Brian Noble--please don't think that I am so crass as to compare losing valet parking to the Holocaust. My point was that people weren't so upset about not having the perk in California but now that it's affecting Florida . . . . it's typical that people don't miss something until it's gone and/or it directly affects them.

toocherie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:28 PM   #37
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toocherie View Post
Let me clarify--I meant the DVC Florida discount of $100 off an AP. As opposed to the DVC California discount of $20 which is a pittance compared to Florida. Whether Florida "resident" discounts will be affected--who knows?
There is no such thing as a DVC Florida discount. There is a $100 DVC discount on WDW Annual Passes, if that's what you're talking about, but that saves Floridians a grand total of about $5.

The real deal for Flordians -- if it meets their needs -- is the Florida-resident Seasonal AP, which saves us an additional $100 beyond the DVC price. But that pass comes with significant blackout periods which don't work for many people. Works for us and we love it!
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #38
Anjelica
Self-Declared Queen of WebSphere

Disappointed to hear this is going away. Not cool....
Anjelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:01 PM   #39
bangzoom6877
DIS Veteran

Our first trip home is in July 2010. While it would have been nice to have the free valet parking, it's not the hardest thing for me to see them take away. We bought a DVC membership so we can afford to stay in a large accommodation every other year at WDW, on a nice long 10-night trip.

How does that song go....."No, no, they can't take that away from me."

8/1985, off-site; 8/1989, off-site; 5/1992, HS trip off-site; 5/1994, HS trip off-site; 7/2008, 1st family trip Pop Century; 7/2010, 1st DVC trip BWV; 7/2012, 2nd DVC trip BWV; 7/2014, next DVC trip
bangzoom6877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #40
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Actually, the money spent by DVC members on valet parking will go to Jim Lewis' new organization - the ARDA-ROC PAC - since he didn't get a very good response from the DVC members in his mailout in the last Disney Files.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #41
going/again
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=TLSnell1981;33899925 I asked the CM about this being covered in our dues. She said this is no longer the case.

so if is this no longer the case from 11th october. if our dues did cover part of this do we get a refund from dues we have already paid?
going/again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:32 PM   #42
kidsister
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed this perk, esp at my home resort BWV.
And I'm po'd that they'd cancel it without any notice.
I hope that the valets complain loudly that they are losing big tips...although that will happen ONLY if all DVCers tipped well ...and that its reinstated.

Otherwise, I hope someone will complain about our dues and the high amount BWV owners pay for transportation costs which I bet includes some overhead even on 'outsourcing'.

I'm arriving Oct 26 . Call me bummed

kiddsister
kidsister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #43
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I guess this was DVC's way to deal with renters getting the perk too, and the response to the abuse by some using it to go to the parks.

I knew when they raised the parking lot rates they would have to raise valet rates and yes we all know perks can be taken away at anytime but this stinks.

But have to wonder what is next.

Well this makes me glad to be at SSR where I can park close to my room.

Since decisions are member feedback based, I say let them hear from all of us, I know I will be emailing.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #44
Dean
DIS Veteran

This was predictable IMO, it was doomed when they out-sourced the system.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:41 PM   #45
rcchello
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by going/again View Post
I asked the CM about this being covered in our dues. She said this is no longer the case.

so if is this no longer the case from 11th october. if our dues did cover part of this do we get a refund from dues we have already paid?
Even if there was a savings you would not get the money refunded. Any savings would be reflected in your dues for the following year.

Bob
OKW - SSR
Next Trip - Fantasy Eastern

Just because it worked for me or worked this way in the past or is part of the great Dis lore is no reason it will work this way in the future. Depending on the CM you get, new interpretation of the rules, changes in rules, weather over the Himalayas, your results may be different.
rcchello is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parking, valet, valet parking

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: