Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #121
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

hey thanks for posting that pic to my TR! Went perfect Speaking of pics..omg, you are a very skilled photographer! I just recently bought a DSLR, but shamefully have NO clue how to really use it..shameful, I know

Thanks for sharing your pics!
Old 11-24-2009, 10:23 PM   #122
eeyore7360
Mouseketeer

Just read through your entire report. Great pics!! I can totally understand where you are coming from in regards to the lack of a photographer with Snow White and friends. That was my main goal for the night and the CM did not even get all the dwarves in the picture.
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2009, 10:50 PM   #123
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
hey thanks for posting that pic to my TR! Went perfect Speaking of pics..omg, you are a very skilled photographer! I just recently bought a DSLR, but shamefully have NO clue how to really use it..shameful, I know

Thanks for sharing your pics!
You're welcome Jenn. I was hoping you would enjoy the picture.

Thank you for the kind words on my photography. I lug around a lot more equipment than your average sane person would be willing to carry but I was happy with my results so it was somewhat worth the hardship to my back. Keep at it with your DSLR and you will continue to improve over time. I can see dramatic improvement with my pictures over time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore7360 View Post
Just read through your entire report. Great pics!! I can totally understand where you are coming from in regards to the lack of a photographer with Snow White and friends. That was my main goal for the night and the CM did not even get all the dwarves in the picture.
Thank you very much!

OMG, now I don't feel so bad about getting a my arm cut off from the shoulder. At least I got all the characters in the picture they took. After all you have to go through to get a picture with these headliners one would hope they could get a real photopass photographer there.

Oh, I have enjoyed some of the pictures you have posted. I liked the castle picture you posted from the Top of the World. Nice shot!

Last edited by clearskies; 11-24-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #124
Tribilín
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
I can envision something like the following when the person who wrote this presented it to his boss

Writer: "I came up with a great song for the Halloween Parade". Give it a look
Boss: Reading..."Um, do you realize you are just repeating the Words 'Boo' 'to' and 'You' over and over again ad nauseum."
Writer: "Trust me. It's pure gold"
Boss: "Oh no. I thought you put the booze behind you. Are you having problems at home? Is there something I can do to help?"
Writer: "I'm serious with this. Look at the refrain for Small World"
Boss: "Ok true, you've got a point there." Long Pause "Alright, I'll give this a short leash but I'll take it to a focus group"

and the rest is history.
You really made me laugh out loud! That was great!

Although I bet the real story should have been the other way around with the boss demaning the song to be more catchy and simple, tough.

Your "not so optimal" pictures are amazing!
Old 11-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #125
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribilín View Post
You really made me laugh out loud! That was great!

Although I bet the real story should have been the other way around with the boss demaning the song to be more catchy and simple, tough.
Hi Triblin...Hmmm..Perhaps you have a point. I often experience my boss asking for things that make me scratch my head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribilín View Post
Your "not so optimal" pictures are amazing!
[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much. I obviously would prefer some more castle in my shots but sometimes you need to adjust.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:45 AM   #126
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I went outside and watched this guy for a while as my wife was trying to make contact. He was fantastic!!

That guy has been playing for a long time. Wonder how many DIS pictures he has been in? One day, I'm going to stop and 'interview' him for a trip report, since he's sort of famous!

We saw Snow White and all of her seven men at MNSSHP in October, but we didn't wait for pictures. One of these days, we will make it a point to do that, because that really is a rare opportunity.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:21 AM   #127
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

I know you're not thrilled with your HalloWishes shots, but I think they're spectacular! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your night!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Old 11-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #128
norybell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Writer: "I came up with a great song for the Halloween Parade". Give it a look
Boss: Reading..."Um, do you realize you are just repeating the Words 'Boo' 'to' and 'You' over and over again ad nauseum."
Writer: "Trust me. It's pure gold"
Boss: "Oh no. I thought you put the booze behind you. Are you having problems at home? Is there something I can do to help?"
Writer: "I'm serious with this. Look at the refrain for Small World"
Boss: "Ok true, you've got a point there." Long Pause "Alright, I'll give this a short leash but I'll take it to a focus group"

and the rest is history.

Quote:
Now it is time for my version of the Boo to You song dedicated to this man. If you have never heard the real Boo to You song you may want to listen to it Youtube but be very careful it can get stuck into your head and don't say I didn't warn you.

Boo
to you
You've Blocked
My view
I have no Luck
and now I'm Stuck
With no great Wishes Pictures
due to you

Oh I just might scream

Boo
To You
You Need
A Clue
I Just might Cry
Oh why, Oh Why
Did you have to walk right
into my View
Welcome to the world of TR songwriting!

Your Hallowishes pics are amazing, unsurprisingly! My view for it ended up blocked, too...it sure is frustrating (even when you don't have photo-related aspirations).
DISNEY TRIPS: 1977 - Vacation Villas 1978-1992 - many trips, all Vacation Villas or Treehouse Villas 1996 - Saratoga Springs August 2001 - YC May 2004 - YC April 2009 - YC October 2009 - CR/YC May 2010 - POR/GF/BWI October 2010 - POR/CSR/Poly January 2011 - CBR/WL April 2011 - Pop/GF/BC May 2011 - Disneyland GCH September 2011 - Poly October 2011 - AKL January 2012 - CR February/March 2012 - POFQ/Poly August 2012 - GF/BWI May 2013 - GF/BWV Sept 2013 - BCV Sept 2014 - ???

TRIP REPORTS:Nory Report III: In the Third Person! Nory and Simba CRAWL through the World: A Sept/Oct 2013 PTR Fleeing Wedding Showers for Epcot Flowers It's a SO-LO trip report!

Old 11-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #129
kdzbear
DIS Veteran

Wow! Your Hallowishes shots are amazing! You have a great eye!

Tyler's Wish Trip (Nov. 20-25, 2009): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2154359 Sept. 12-20, 2009 Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2292505
Old 11-28-2009, 06:30 PM   #130
Missus Toad
Amazing! She actually stays awake during the Hall of Presidents!

Okay, I'm back! Very cool night shots all around. Especially love the first and last castle shots, although I do have a certain partiality to the Jack Sparrow parade shots... I can almost feel how frustrated you were with the interlopers during Hallowishes.

LOL at the Boo to You song. Is that a new song? I don't remember it from my last Halloween trip, which was like 2 years ago.

Most recent 8/21/13-8/31/13 at GF and Poly.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:30 AM   #131
Phil'sFrontier
DIS Veteran

Great pictures.
If you cold only take 2 lenses with you which 2 would you take?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:42 PM   #132
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Hello, I just got back from a great long Thanskgiving break away from home. Sorry I have been a little delinquent with TR updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
That guy has been playing for a long time. Wonder how many DIS pictures he has been in? One day, I'm going to stop and 'interview' him for a trip report, since he's sort of famous!
Hi MeMom! I wish I had more time to sit and listen to him. I did hear 3 songs from him and he was incredible!! I play a little piano but I am not not even near the same league as he is. I'll keep an eye out for that interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We saw Snow White and all of her seven men at MNSSHP in October, but we didn't wait for pictures. One of these days, we will make it a point to do that, because that really is a rare opportunity.
It did take up a larger chunk of our party time than I wanted but I was excited to get this chance. Now, if only they had a CM that could take a good picture it would have been even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praisehisname View Post
I know you're not thrilled with your HalloWishes shots, but I think they're spectacular! Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your night!
Thank you Denise! I wanted more of the castle in the shots but I am not as displeased with the results as it may have seemed in my writing. I was just being over dramatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Welcome to the world of TR songwriting!
Hi Nory! This will be my only foray into TR songwriting so I will spare you for the rest of this Trip Report. I most certainly don't have the creativity that you have to come up with so many amusing aong adaptations that you have in your TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by norybell View Post
Your Hallowishes pics are amazing, unsurprisingly! My view for it ended up blocked, too...it sure is frustrating (even when you don't have photo-related aspirations).
Thank you Nory. I have been blocked in the past and now it is not as frustrating as the fist time time happened since it is not unexpected. For the most part I move past it and try to make the best of it or else I just stop trying and stand and enjoy the show. You have some nice photos yourself so don't sell your photo asiprations short!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdzbear View Post
Wow! Your Hallowishes shots are amazing! You have a great eye!
Thank you very much kdzbear Nice of you to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missus Toad View Post
Okay, I'm back! Very cool night shots all around. Especially love the first and last castle shots, although I do have a certain partiality to the Jack Sparrow parade shots... I can almost feel how frustrated you were with the interlopers during Hallowishes.

LOL at the Boo to You song. Is that a new song? I don't remember it from my last Halloween trip, which was like 2 years ago.
Hi Missus Toad! I think the first fireworks shot I posted with the castle is my favorite. Well, not the one with the man and daughter. The one after that but I guess you could figure that out

Ok, I don't quite have the same excitement from Jack Sparrow but I can get where you are coming from based on swooning from others. Since you are a fan, here is something that I thought was amazing. Kdzbear resported in her TR that Johnny Depp actually appears sometimes as Jack Sparrow in the parade and he was there the night that she attended in Mid Sept. That is very cool.

This was my first time seeing Boo To You but I don't think the song changed. The first lyrics I posted were not from the very beginning of the song. I took them from an old post on this board where someone wrote out the lyrics of the entire song. Now, if you meant my modified lycrics then oh yes that is indeed a limited edition version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil'sFrontier View Post
Great pictures.
If you cold only take 2 lenses with you which 2 would you take?
Interesting question. This could have many answers. First of all since I am a canon shooter I have lens choices limited to my cameras and I have not researched other brands so my answer is limited to canon lenses. Your mileage may vary.

If you mean which 2 lenses that I currently own then it would definitely be my 24-70 f/2.8 as the first choice and as my second I would first think that I would choose my 70-200 f/4 lens but looking back at my pictures I used my 300 mm f/4 more often so perhaps I would choose that as #2.

If however, I could be in my dream world and choose any 2 lenses irregardless of cost then I would probably opt for something very versatile like the 28-300 f/3.5-5.6 lens for #1 and then add as #2 a 50mm f/1.2. These 2 lenses would set me back over $4000 though so I don't see that happening though in any non-fictional trips of mine.

Any other hypothetical choices would be determined based on budgets. So the 2 choices could vary depending on how broke I hypothetically would want to be.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:51 PM   #133
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Day 9 - 9/4 - Boo to You, You've Blocked My View (part 4)

We last left off at the end of Hallowishes. After the show ended, I called my family to see where they were and found they were back in Fantasyland so I quickly joined up. They had watched the show from back there and said it was amazing from there as well. I am pretty sure it was better from Main St though. They wanted to hit a couple more attractions but my son wanted to do more Trick or Treating. Since I am a model parent that would not think of getting in the way of pumping more sugar into my kids I told the rest to go ahead and I took my son off to some of the trails to collect more of the wholesome goodies being distributed.

We saw this guy along the way. This was another first encounter for us so we had to stop for a greeting.

After filling our bags up some more, I got a call that the others were done with the rides so we made our way back to them. Yikes, what was I thinking? I lost track of time and it was getting late and we didn't have a lot of time to get a spot for the parade. At this stage we were not going to try to attempt Main Street since we would be unlikely to find a decent spot there so we headed to Frontierland. Once again we were too late to get a really good spot but at least the kids and I were able to secure a spot by the rope so there were no people in front to block our view. I was a little bummed that we had already missed the headless horseman and since I could not see him on the first parade I was shut out on that front. Also, remember how I said previously that there were 2 nights I was praying there would be no rain and this was one of them. Up until now the powers that be held off but come on, did you really think I was going to get out of this night unscathed? There is no way that Mother Nature was going to let me go the whole night without some "rain on my parade" so she let loose the waterworks just before the second Boo to You started. It was a little more than just a sprinkle but at least it was not a hard rain.

I wanted to try pictures both with and without the flash during the parade and I attempted that for a while but it was far too much work for me to attempt to change my various camera settings back and forth. So, I ended up sticking with the using the flash. This second viewing confirmed to me that this is just one awesome parade! Dare I say perhaps even better than Spectro. The choreography, costumes, decorations and catchy music all add up to first rate entertainment. It was a heck of a lot of fun. And now without further ado I present Boo to You.

These guys were my favorites from the parade. The picture is not as good with the flash though.

I am reaching my picture limit so will finish up in the next post.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #134
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Day 9 - 9/4 - Boo to You, You've Blocked My View (part 5)

Once the parade passed us by our group was ready to head out. I would have stayed longer myself but I was willing to go along with everyone. So we made our way to main street and realized we were following the parade. We got to the end of Main Street at the front of the park and realized that there was no escape route evident from our side of the street with the parade still running. So we got to see the end of the parade one more time. It was certainly not a heartbreak for me to see it one last time. This time I turned off the flash.

Once the parade passed us by the second time, someone in our group gave the "let's mosey on" command and we started heading out. after walking a bit I realized our son was not with us. Ugh, now we are caught up in a whole lot of people are heading to the exits and we have no idea where he is. Ok, after some slight panic based on fears of him getting lost in the streams of people heading out I did my imitation of a salmon and made my way upstream to where we were watching the parade and I found him there. Whew, good thing he stayed put there. Now we all make our way out.

Once we got back to the room my son dumped his treasure onto the bed. I assisted in this sugar overload by dividing whatever I had collected between the kids.

My kids are not actually huge candy eaters. I figured this loot will be around for a while once we get home and sure enough between this and the actual Halloween haul there is a big bucket of candy still waiting to be eaten.

We have now come to the end our day. All in all MNSSHP was an awesome event. I wish we could go when the crowds are not so large but school starts for us the Wed after labor day so that opening weekend is probably going to continue to be our only shot at it in the future assuming they keep to a similar schedule. I can see how some people actually spend 2 nights at this party. There was a lot more to see that we did not have a chance to get around to catching. We only had one character meeting, we did not go to any of the Character Dance Parties or the Villains Mingle and our crew only did a couple of attractions. The Parade and the Fireworks alone were incredible though and made it worthwhile. I did not feel we spent a lot of time Trick or Treating but the amount of candy at the end of the night seemed to suggest otherwise. Personally I would skip that and instead buy the kids some candy so that we could spend more time with other things there but I don't think the kids would sign up for that. I guess it is not the same when you don't earn it. So, even though there was a lot more we could have done I think the party was one of the highlights of our trip and I would absolutely do this again in a future trip.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:46 AM   #135
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Sounds like an awesome night, despite missing the Headless Horseman. I really want to do the MNSSHP party, and I'm pretty sure you've convinced me to add the MVMCP to this coming trip!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: