Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2010, 01:22 AM   #166
Gianna'sPapa
DIS Veteran

I want to thank you for all the great pics, trip report and photo tips. This was a great TR. Good luck with the trip to the other park! As far as work, I came up with the solution for the problem you described that I shared with you, RETIRE!! My upcoming trip to WDW will be the first since my recent retirement. It will be interesting not having work issues and problems to think about. Again, thanks and good luck.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:58 AM   #167
Tribilín
Mouseketeer

Great TR clearskies, I liked your lessons learned finale... hope to see at least a mini TR of your upcoming trip (or a post with lots of pictures )
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2010, 11:38 PM   #168
clearskies
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Jones II View Post
(Bold mine).

You mean attractions like the Country Bears, for example, clearskies?
For sure. I am ready to cross this off my list of attractions to see on my next trip. It is good to hear the positive comments on it.

Quote:
Sorry, didn't mean to rub it in. As you mentioned at one point in your TR, at least that gives you something else new to look forward to next time.
I won't hold it against you Now if I can only do a better job at planning next trip I'll actually be able to see this.

Quote:
Well, with the great queue and the visuals and special effects that precede the ups and downs, I see TOT as a great hybrid: a beautifully themed thrill ride.
I agree with you that you shouldn't push or force your kids into doing anything that scares them. Maybe try to entice them instead: tell them that the ride is "really not that scary" and is "too fun to pass up", "an amazing experience", etc. You could also mention that you don't know when you'll be coming back, and as long as they are over the height limit, there's nothing to worry about. Or have you already used all those arguments?
In any case, they'll be a bit older next time, and presumably braver...
You are absolutely correct on the PreRide entertainment part of the ride. That is actually the draw for me. I want to catch a picture of the ghosts one trip. I may be able to get my son on next time. Probably not my daughter but well see.

Quote:
As for Universal, I think you'll really enjoy that park, too. They have several must-ride and must-do attractions, including Spider-Man (absolutely unmissable) Revenge of the Mummy and The Simpsons. You'll also enjoy the interactive Men in Black ride/game. Maybe you can get revenge for those TSMM beatings?

P.S.: If you stay at a Universal hotel, you'll get the Universal Express Pass
free. That's like an unlimited Fast Pass. If you're visiting in summer again, I'd say that's essential.
I am really looking forward to Spider-Man. I have got to watch those high expectations but I have heard it is indeed awesome. I think we will have a great time with the other attractions you mentioned as well. Thanks for the tips on the Express Pass. We head down at the end of Aug after a lot of states have started school so I am hoping the lines won't be too bad even though a lot of people from my neck of the woods invade the area. Disney is a little more crowded due to free dining but I am hoping Universal won't be too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianna'sPapa View Post
I want to thank you for all the great pics, trip report and photo tips. This was a great TR. Good luck with the trip to the other park! As far as work, I came up with the solution for the problem you described that I shared with you, RETIRE!! My upcoming trip to WDW will be the first since my recent retirement. It will be interesting not having work issues and problems to think about. Again, thanks and good luck.
Thank you very much I love your solution to my work woes but I have a feeling Gianna is bit older than my kids. I have a long way to go to support my kids still so retirement is nowhere near on my horizon unless a MegaMillions ticket comes through one of these days. I am jealous of you though. I hope you have an outstanding trip and that you get some great pictures with your Pentax K10d and the sweet lenses you recently purchased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribilín View Post
Great TR clearskies, I liked your lessons learned finale... hope to see at least a mini TR of your upcoming trip (or a post with lots of pictures )
Thank you Tribilin!! Perhaps if I think I have something interesting to share and the bug to continue to relive our experiences I'll post something next fall. Thank you for the encouragement.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:35 AM   #169
kindra657
Dedicated to a Mouse

saw your TR in your siggie on another thread and the title drew me in. I would've never thought that this was your first TR!! Very entertaining indeed!! I've attempted 2 TRs but I simply suck and no one reads them
I am sort of glad that I found it when you were done and didn't have to wait for your amazing installments.
I'd like to thank you for the parade and fireworks shots you got! They are amazing! I've never had a camera nicer than a simple olympus, so I never get good shots and miss out on the show trying to get them. People like you make it to where people like me can actually enjoy the parades and the fireworks! I must admit that I saved a couple of your photos to look back on (as I do my own)

Regarding the comment you made when leaving the MK for the last time....I completely understand that feeling you had because I have that feeling as well. I also feel like I'm saying goodbye to MK and MK is also saying goodbye to me . I have to walk out without looking back as well.

About the wishes fireworks cruise: we did this with my sister in 07 for her bday and I felt like it was a gift to me instead!! we had perfect weather and I laid back on my dh and relaxed during the entire Wishes show. I felt like the show was put on just for me. So amazing! You should do it again with better weather next time.

Hope you get back to the world soon!!!
Old 01-09-2010, 08:49 AM   #170
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your report and awesome pictures. I appreciate the time and effort you put into it for our enjoyment.

It's nice that you acknowledged your sweet son for carrying the girly backpack. I know he is a great kid!

I agree with so many things on your 'final thoughts' list. MNSSHP is awesome. Down time is imperative. Apart time when you are with a big group is necessary for everyone's sanity and happiness. Peter Pan does not want us to have good pictures of his ride. Be flexible as things change along the way.

Thanks, again. Your report was a nice treat.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #171
praisehisname
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
My wife brought this Ariel backpack on the trip to carry things around throughout the trip. My son took turns helping her carry this backpack the entire trip through the parks, DTD, resorts, etc.
What a great kid! I can tell you without a doubt that my son (as wonderful as he is) would NOT have been as cool about it as your son!

Quote:
Since I am a Project Manager I feel complelled to provide some Lessons Learned so here are some final lessons learned before I head off to obscurity
I loved your whole list, but these jumped out at me:

Quote:
13. The people who set the lighting in the Peter Pan ride are evil

23. The nigh atmosphere in the Parks make them even more magical to me.

30. OMG trip reports are a lot of work. I have whole new respect for the people who write these.
I especially agree with #23!

Thanks so much for writing the report!

07/87 DLR***05/98 All-Star Music***01/04 Polynesian/4-night Wonder***02/05 7-night Magic Eastern***
09/07 Beach Club***10/08 7-night Magic Special Western (double-dipping at Castaway Cay!!!)
***12/09 Pop Century***08/13 7 night Fantasy Western

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: