Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
pantherlj
DIS Veteran

Video of us surprising the girls with our trip

We told the girls that DH had business in GA so we would be spending the weekend in GA but we would do something fun on Saturday. We ended up making it all the way to the southern end of GA (they never really asked what part of GA would be in) Friday night. Saturday morning, they got dressed and went down for breakfast never once asking where we were going or why we were only staying in the hotel for one night

We took them outside after I checked out to tell them what we were going to do next. I had made a packet with a letter in the front explaining what was going on and brochures of the Disney Water Parks and Universal Studios in the back.

My 7 yr old just watched it for the first time last night and laughed at how her jaw dropped after DH told them we were only 3 miles from Florida. I love how older daughter runs off at the end.

It was a great trip - they loved staying offsite with a private splash pool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6JorECl-QI
pantherlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Very cool !

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS10
Member #561
twokids0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #3
BYC
DIS Veteran

What a great surprise! Hope the trip was magical!
BYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
mrssmee
Mouseketeer

Love it!!

We surprised our kiddos this past summer. We had been at Disney's Vero Beach Resort for a few days, and they thought we were going to the airport to go home. But instead we went to WDW! Since it was a nearly 2 hour drive from Vero Beach to WDW, they were watching a DVD in the car...so they did not notice our surroundings. I thought for sure when we drove past the Nick hotel, they would realize what we were doing.

But they were both so into the DVD they were watching, I had to tell them to look up right before we drove under the Welcome to WDW sign! They were so excited. And it was a Star Wars Weekend (which is the main reason we went)....and they had no idea Star Wars Weekends even existed, and they are HUGE Star Wars fans. It was hard to keep the secret for so many months, but it was well worth it!

I see in your signature you got to be the family of the day at MK! We were able to do that a couple of years ago....what an amazing experience! I have a picture similar to yours of the kids walking and holding Mickey's hands....I treasure it!
mrssmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
RMAMom
DIS Veteran

So much fun for them!!!! I would love to be able to surprise my kids but they are to old now and I am going to have to wait and surprise the grandkids!

RMAMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #6
DisneyJen0504
Married my Prince Charming. Mommy to Avery

Very cute!
The Carsons Head to Disney World 2012
Girls Trip: Dancing in Walt Disney World 2009
DisneyJen0504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:36 AM   #7
jb01
DIS Veteran

It's great you were able to take a video of that to keep for memories.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
stitch34
DIS Veteran

Very cute! I love how they start running to the car!
Old 10-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #9
pocahontasgal87
~Disney Geek~

awww how sweet, when i have kids i like to surprise them

Oct 1994(offsite) Oct 1996(offsite) Oct 1999(offsite) Oct 2002(offsite) Oct 2005(POR)
Sept 2008(CSR) May 2010(CBR) Sept 2012 (POR)

Sept 2014 we will be back at Caribbean Beach Resort!!
pocahontasgal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
Hallowishes
DIS Veteran

that is so awesome!!! they look so excited!!! i would be too!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #11
goofyernmost
DIS Veteran

Talking

Just out of curiosity, where did they think you were headed?

Nothing adult has ever happened to me at Disney!
goofyernmost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #12
pantherlj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyernmost View Post
Just out of curiosity, where did they think you were headed?
They didn't know and surprisingly, didn't ask!! We told them we had a fun surprise planned for them for Saturday when we went to GA about a week before we went but the morning of .... I gave them their clothes, no questions. They went for breakfast (hotel had continental breakfast), no questions. We went outside after checkout, no questions. Silly, trusting kids LOL
Old 10-10-2009, 06:02 PM   #13
pantherlj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmee View Post
Love it!!

We surprised our kiddos this past summer. We had been at Disney's Vero Beach Resort for a few days, and they thought we were going to the airport to go home. But instead we went to WDW! Since it was a nearly 2 hour drive from Vero Beach to WDW, they were watching a DVD in the car...so they did not notice our surroundings. I thought for sure when we drove past the Nick hotel, they would realize what we were doing.

But they were both so into the DVD they were watching, I had to tell them to look up right before we drove under the Welcome to WDW sign! They were so excited. And it was a Star Wars Weekend (which is the main reason we went)....and they had no idea Star Wars Weekends even existed, and they are HUGE Star Wars fans. It was hard to keep the secret for so many months, but it was well worth it!

I see in your signature you got to be the family of the day at MK! We were able to do that a couple of years ago....what an amazing experience! I have a picture similar to yours of the kids walking and holding Mickey's hands....I treasure it!
That's neat about your surprise trip - Star Wars even! Yes, hard to hold the surprise but worth it! They knew we were going to do water parks/universal but thought it wouldn't be until next year. So, they were able to help me plan a bit but had no idea it would be this soon.

Cool that you were family of the day too. I love that Mickey shot walking away! I am so glad I took it. The CM that was with us took some photos for us as well as the photo pass guy. So glad that happened, it was surreal! Pluto and my then 4 yr old became fast friends - the CM ended up asking the boss (Mickey) if they could ride on the train together. Awesome time.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:09 PM   #14
Dan Murphy
We are family.

That was nice!!!!!

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:52 PM   #15
themilesfamily
Wanna potty with Spongebob Squarepants?

That's a wonderful memory they'll have for the rest of their lives. Good job Mom & Dad!
themilesfamily is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: